Andre Miller Aiming To Play Three More Years

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Andre Miller Aiming To Play Three More Years 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Andre Miller is staring down the start of his 15th NBA season, with 1,126 games under his belt and more than 37,000 minutes played. He will cross the 40,000-minute mark this season if he averages 30 minutes per game.

Miller, 37, believes he has a few more seasons left in him and is aiming to play until he is 40 years old.

"I could still play 35 minutes," Miller said. "Coming back here, I was slowed down (last year). I was doing well in Portland, playing 33, 34 minutes a game, and the situation was, I was traded back here and basically told I would be a backup. I still feel I can play a high amount of minutes, but teams have what they are doing, and I have to fall in line."

Miller was on the trading block during the offseason but claims not to have heard criticism he received from fans of the Denver Nuggets or his name in rumors.

"I can't worry about the trade rumors," Miller said. "I do my job every day. Regardless, I show up to work, practice. I've never missed a game as a Nugget. I couldn't care less what people say as far as my preparation and what I do on the court."

Via Christopher Dempsey/Denver Post

Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Re: Andre Miller Aiming To Play Three More Years 

Post#2 » by Arsilva » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 am

Old-school basketball...do not retire so early man....I copy all your moves and put them in practice every weekend.
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#3 » by mawbsta » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:41 am

this article speaks more about his unhappiness being a backup than anything else... agreed Dre could still start somewhere. To me, sounds like a plea to any team looking for a starter to come and save him from purgatory, with his pledge that said team will be rewarded with 3 more seasons of Dre.

For those that don't know, Miller is #2 on the active list for assists, behind only Steve Nash and sits 10th all-time in the NBA, 30ast behind Rod Strickland, and 1,000 short of Gary Payton and Isiah THomas, all 3 he would conceivably pass should he play 3 more full seasons, at 26mpg

...a shame he won't get into the HoF (see Mark Jackson, Maurice Cheeks, Terry Porter, Tim Hardaway, Kevin Johnson)
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#4 » by YoungMoney23 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:03 pm

One of the most underrated players of his generation
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#5 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Don't think hes a started anymore - couple of years back? Yes. Now hes a very solid back-up for any team in the league. Great basketball player too.

mawbsta wrote:this article speaks more about his unhappiness being a backup than anything else... agreed Dre could still start somewhere. To me, sounds like a plea to any team looking for a starter to come and save him from purgatory, with his pledge that said team will be rewarded with 3 more seasons of Dre.

For those that don't know, Miller is #2 on the active list for assists, behind only Steve Nash and sits 10th all-time in the NBA, 30ast behind Rod Strickland, and 1,000 short of Gary Payton and Isiah THomas, all 3 he would conceivably pass should he play 3 more full seasons, at 26mpg

...a shame he won't get into the HoF (see Mark Jackson, Maurice Cheeks, Terry Porter, Tim Hardaway, Kevin Johnson)

Return to Wiretap Discussion