76ers Release Royce White

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

76ers Release Royce White 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:16 am

The Philadelphia 76ers have released Royce White.

White was acquired from the Houston Rockets this offseason via trade.

White suffers from anxiety disorder and didn't play in the NBA at all last season after being a first round pick.

Via RealGM Staff Report

JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Re: 76ers Release Royce White 

Post#2 » by JV4MVP » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 am

GTFO lazy waste of talent
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#3 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:37 am

This guy literally has a stay at home job and still cant make it to work
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#4 » by artsncrafts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:43 am

Hire a **** coach bus to take you from city to city you make millions if you GO
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,593

Post#5 » by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:48 am

Anxiety can be a real crippling mental illness. However, Royce should have planned ahead before embarking on the NBA and tried with all his heart to conquer his fear of flying. Unfortunately you have to work at it and he was lazy and unmotivated to get better. Can't feel sorry for the guy when he put himself in this situation.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:53 am

"The saddest thing life is a waste of talent, and the choices you make will shape your life forever." - A Bronx Tale

Too bad this guy doesn't get it; I guess it was worth going back and forth with a couple of franchises and trying to out-publicize them to ruin any chance of playing in the NBA...another college kid is smiling right now, knowing there is an extra spot in the league :)
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#7 » by willywazza » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:03 am

Before we jump to conclusions, I'd like to consult further information behind his release.

Perhaps, it wasn't for refusing to fly on planes to travel to away games?

Maybe it was because he was just awful in training camp and giving attitude to the coaching staff, teammates and management...
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#8 » by ClashCityRocker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 am

Question: How easy would it have been to gain support for what is clearly an anxiety disorder?
Answer: Much easier than isolating yourself for said disorder.
If this happened 2 years sooner Otis Smith would have given him..at least a 2 year guaranteed contract
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#9 » by Joseph17 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:53 am

It comes down to stupidity. If he would have handled the situation better he would still be in the league and he probably would have gotten his way of only playing only home games. I was watching an interview with him and he said something like "if a mental health professional says I can't play that means I can't play." Mental health professionals are humans the same way he's a human. He should be the one who determines whether or not he's ok enough to play not a psychologist. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell whether or not you're too anxious to do your job.
crazymaso
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#10 » by crazymaso » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:01 am

StikWitEM wrote:Anxiety can be a real crippling mental illness. However, Royce should have planned ahead before embarking on the NBA and tried with all his heart to conquer his fear of flying. Unfortunately you have to work at it and he was lazy and unmotivated to get better. Can't feel sorry for the guy when he put himself in this situation.

This. My wife has extremely bad anxiety - one thing I've learnt is you don't just simply conquer your fear by facing it head on. In saying that, that's why I have lost a bit of respect for Royce. He has anxiety + fear of flying, but didn't really appear to lower this fear before entering the NBA.

Even though we don't know the full picture, it really does seem like he just wanted to get some money..maybe even thought that was his cure. For the sake of his mental health, I hope he can beat his anxiety.
Walrus909
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Walrus909 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:25 am

Nobody should have any sympathy for Royce here.

What he did was the equivalent of if a man with a paralyzing fear of snakes were to apply for a job at a house of reptiles. He knows full well beforehand that applying for the job requires working with snakes. He subsequently gets hired with his new bosses telling him that they took a risk hiring him, and they really want big things from him. But he instead never shows up for work and complains that his bosses are wanting him to work with snakes, and they don't respect his fear. He wants to work at the reptile house, but he refuses if the place won't get rid of the snakes. He then makes the bosses out to be bad guys, and constantly makes himself a martyr and complains to his friends about his plight.

I'm not making light of his condition, but come on. The team owed him nothing. He was an employee for them, and he refused to follow their rules or work with them. He demanded things be done his way. (Speaking of time with Rockets, can't say for sure about the 76ers situation.) That would get you fired from any job in the "real" world.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#12 » by YoungMoney23 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:28 am

He's done...
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#13 » by mj_shoefanatic » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 am

this dummy needs to leave the NBA already.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#14 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:51 am

Finally. If I never see any more news about him, it'd be too soon...
Credits to Jstock12
TONYROMOHOF
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#15 » by TONYROMOHOF » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:53 am

this should go to the courts

he should get his full contract with this blatant discrimination
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#16 » by artsncrafts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:24 am

TONYROMOHOF wrote:this should go to the courts

I actually spit out the pencil i was chewing on because I laughed so hard.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#17 » by LaRance » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:57 am

((O_o)) Ugh This dude is such a disgrace. Just get him out the NBA already. Pathetic
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#18 » by pickIBL » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:11 am

have a nice flight to japan ahole
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Khazim
Veteran
And1: 114

Post#19 » by Khazim » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:17 am

Walrus909 wrote:Nobody should have any sympathy for Royce here.

What he did was the equivalent of if a man with a paralyzing fear of snakes were to apply for a job at a house of reptiles. He knows full well beforehand that applying for the job requires working with snakes. He subsequently gets hired with his new bosses telling him that they took a risk hiring him, and they really want big things from him. But he instead never shows up for work and complains that his bosses are wanting him to work with snakes, and they don't respect his fear. He wants to work at the reptile house, but he refuses if the place won't get rid of the snakes. He then makes the bosses out to be bad guys, and constantly makes himself a martyr and complains to his friends about his plight.

I'm not making light of his condition, but come on. The team owed him nothing. He was an employee for them, and he refused to follow their rules or work with them. He demanded things be done his way. (Speaking of time with Rockets, can't say for sure about the 76ers situation.) That would get you fired from any job in the "real" world.

Well said.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." — Frank Zappa
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#20 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:45 am

artsncrafts wrote:
TONYROMOHOF wrote:this should go to the courts

I actually spit out the pencil i was chewing on because I laughed so hard.

If you dont mind me asking, what the f are you doing chewing on pencils while typing??
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Return to Wiretap Discussion