Kroenke Wants Nuggets To Remain Patient To Evaluate Current Roster

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kroenke Wants Nuggets To Remain Patient To Evaluate Current Roster 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 4, 2013 4:47 pm

The Denver Nuggets have undergone a lot of upheaval over the past few months, losing Masai Ujiri to the Toronto Raptors while firing George Karl.

That followed the Nuggets' decision to trade Carmelo Anthony in 2011.

"The hard part of pro sports is staying patient," Josh Kroenke said in a rare sit-down interview. "We need to stay patient enough to evaluate what we have."

While many other teams are completely rebuilding, the Nuggets hope to improve their roster while remaining competitive.

"If I was a fan, I would want immediate results as well, but my job is to build not only for the short term but the long term," Kroenke said. "Hopefully our fans understand that at some level. And hopefully we've earned a little trust with the Nuggets fans. At the end of the day, we've tried something, and we want to try something else. I hope the fans understand that we're not actively trying to be bad. ... You can fall into an NBA no-man's land. There are certain organizations who just want to be decent. That's not who we are at all."

Via Benjamin Hochman/Denver Post

TPPsweetlou
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Kroenke Wants Nuggets To Remain Patient To Evaluate Curr 

Post#2 » by TPPsweetlou » Mon Nov 4, 2013 7:09 pm

If they're not content to "just be decent" there's a good chance the Nuggets miss the playoffs and end up in the lottery. This team does not look competitive without Iggie and Brian Shaw is experiencing some growing pains.
THREE POINT PLAY podcast, talking NBA news, fantasy, and betting -- download and subscribe
NBAFREAK35
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by NBAFREAK35 » Tue Nov 5, 2013 12:17 am

of course they haven't looked competitive, do you just look at the standings? Galo and chandler havent played, without them this team is bottom 3 in nba no doubt
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#4 » by pickaxe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:15 am

Doesn't take an entire season to realize SG position is weaker than it's ever been ....

Shouldn't take an entire season to realize there is a lot less success when you bring in random players to replace a natural advantage with multiple 7 footers.

It can't take an entire season to evaluate that the Iggy trade was a mistake if we don't learn from it. Either get an Iguodala type player and try it again, or go back to what we had pre-Iguodala since the dude was a rental.

put the ball in the basket like this
defmut
Senior
And1: 24

Post#5 » by defmut » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Are the Nuggz giving up on smash mouth basketball already?
"I don't want to be in a box." –Gar

Return to Wiretap Discussion