Greivis Vasquez Acknowledges He Needs To Be More Productive

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Greivis Vasquez Acknowledges He Needs To Be More Productive 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 8, 2013 6:21 pm

Greivis Vasquez has gotten off to an inconsistent start to the season with the Sacramento Kings, and the point guard knows the team needs more out of him.

"I need to produce more. I need to be who I am, but it takes a little bit of time," Vasquez said. "It's not going to be overnight. I believe in myself; I believe in what I can do. The only game that we won I think is because I had a solid game and I was able to close the game out with Isaiah (Thomas).

"It's a long season, and I don't really want to panic. I just want to be healthy, and I want to help the team win."

Vasquez has 19 points on 5-of-17 shooting in the past three games, along with 11 assists, as the Kings take a three-game losing streak into Friday's contest in Portland. Vasquez has established himself as a leader on the Kings.

"He's a guy that is a leader, he's vocal, he's positive, he's passionate, and obviously he's a willing playmaker," Kings coach Michael Malone said. "Some guys in this league that play the point guard spot pass as a last resort. They are reluctant passers, whereas Greivis is a guy who probably gets more satisfaction from making a play for his teammates than he does from scoring himself."

Via Jason Jones/Sacramento Bee

captlopez0012
Junior
And1: 8

Re: Greivis Vasquez Acknowledges He Needs To Be More Product 

Post#2 » by captlopez0012 » Fri Nov 8, 2013 9:05 pm

i like greivis vazquez but he may have played a little over his head last season. kings should move him quickly and move forward with isiah thomas as the starting pg.

Return to Wiretap Discussion