Andrew Wiggins Draws Paul George Comparison From NBA Executive

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Andrew Wiggins Draws Paul George Comparison From NBA Executive 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Andrew Wiggins has been impressive to start his freshman season at Kansas, averaging 19 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.

Unlike Jabari Parker and Julius Randle, Wiggins has a smaller role in his offense at this point.

"I think he can be a player that plays a lot like Paul George does," one veteran NBA executive told ESPN.com. "He's so smooth that at times it almost looks like he's coasting. But when you watch closer, you just see the game comes so easy to him. With his length and explosiveness, he's going to be able to do whatever he wants once he gets it. And from everything we can gather in looking into his background, he's going to get it. I'm not sure how we could pass on him if we had the No. 1 pick. The other guys might be more ready right now, but in three years, I think he's the best player in this class."

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

McPrezy
Freshman
And1: 13

Re: Andrew Wiggins Draws Paul George Comparison From NBA Exe 

Post#2 » by McPrezy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

he isn't impressive at all.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:15 pm

McPrezy wrote:he isn't impressive at all.

Please clarify your own definition of "impressive".
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
deep3gameOVER
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by deep3gameOVER » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:45 pm

McPrezy wrote:he isn't impressive at all.

I'm sure your quite impressive
Whopper_Sr
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#5 » by Whopper_Sr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:19 pm

People can hype him up as much as they want now with little consequence but while Wiggins is talented, I don't know how well his game will transition into the professional level.
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#6 » by damedash09 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:23 pm

No more Lebron, this dude is the next rudy gay
deep3gameOVER
Ballboy

Post#7 » by deep3gameOVER » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm

damedash09 wrote:No more Lebron, this dude is the next rudy gay

lol if he doesn't gain any weight … he'll be striking the lotto to be paid as much as Rudy… wiggins is lucky to be another beasley right now
ryguy3711
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#8 » by ryguy3711 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:13 pm

An unbelievably athletic Paul George. Good comparison; long, decent shooter, quick, maybe not as good as a defender as Paul George, but freaky athletic. Not a durant; not as offensively smooth. Not a Tayshaun Prince; not a skinny man that can play the post. Not a LeBron; although similarly athletic, not nearly as strong and built (I know LeBron was smaller early on, but not Wiggins skinny). It took Paul George a few years to figure it out in the league. Wiggins will do the same. He'll be an all-star in the league eventually. He's only what...18? Give the kid a chance. People are so quick nowadays to dismiss a player because he hasn't "wowed" within his first 10 minutes. It took Nash a while to become great, same with Kobe, Pau, Wade, Paul Pierce, Aldridge, Love. They all took time. The potential is there so everyone needs to chill.
SixthFan
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#9 » by SixthFan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Wow I thought this good was good, but I didn't think he was so good he would already have this many haters after only two games in college.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#10 » by JazzMatt13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 pm

I bet if Jazz pick him, he ends up like Wilkins....The Jazz drafted him, but he didn't want to be on that team, so Jazz end up trading him for weaker players.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#11 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:00 am

I sure hope not...
Credits to Jstock12
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#12 » by luss54321 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:13 am

ryguy3711 wrote:An unbelievably athletic Paul George. Good comparison; long, decent shooter, quick, maybe not as good as a defender as Paul George, but freaky athletic. Not a durant; not as offensively smooth. Not a Tayshaun Prince; not a skinny man that can play the post. Not a LeBron; although similarly athletic, not nearly as strong and built (I know LeBron was smaller early on, but not Wiggins skinny). It took Paul George a few years to figure it out in the league. Wiggins will do the same. He'll be an all-star in the league eventually. He's only what...18? Give the kid a chance. People are so quick nowadays to dismiss a player because he hasn't "wowed" within his first 10 minutes. It took Nash a while to become great, same with Kobe, Pau, Wade, Paul Pierce, Aldridge, Love. They all took time. The potential is there so everyone needs to chill.

Wade averaged 25, 7, and 5 his second year in the league... But he was at Marquette for 3 years.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,857

Post#13 » by nikster » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm

deep3gameOVER wrote:

lol if he doesn't gain any weight … he'll be striking the lotto to be paid as much as Rudy… wiggins is lucky to be another beasley right now

What a stupid comment. Of course hes gonna gain weight. How the hell is the projected first overall pick lucky to have a career like Beasleys? Not to mention they are completely different on and off the court. Wiggins is a humble player, who has an all around game. Beasley was a selfish scorer with a history of off court issues even in college
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,301

Post#14 » by rockmanslim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:48 pm

lol what an insult. he went from generational talent...to paul george lmao
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

deep3gameOVER
Ballboy

Post#15 » by deep3gameOVER » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:55 pm

nikster wrote:
deep3gameOVER wrote:

What a stupid comment. Of course hes gonna gain weight. How the hell is the projected first overall pick lucky to have a career like Beasleys? Not to mention they are completely different on and off the court. Wiggins is a humble player, who has an all around game. Beasley was a selfish scorer with a history of off court issues even in college

Beasley was a great player in college… and will never be more than a 6th man at best now…. Wiggins may never gain the size needed to play in the bigs… therefore A BUST!!! an eighth or 9th man in any decent rotation … size isn't guaranteed… And if you believe it is, you shouldn't be commenting … Until Wiggins gains that needed size he'll always just be talented, but everyone on the benches of each NBA team is talented… What has little Wiggins done so far.. A bunch of garbage rebounds with no one near him, a few clean up hoops on missed shots - again - with no one around him… Oh wait… He did have that step back jumper that was soooo pretty - I did that to him here in Toronto 2 years ago… Oh Wait!! he also caught an lob that was pretty … lol… Mr Wiggins is wasting his time going to the NBA after one year … Parker out muscled him easily and so will everyone else this year … He's shouldn't be a one and done player, but everyone is greedy these days! he'll be on someones bench next year.. I like the guy, met him a few times
Slim1hunnit
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#16 » by Slim1hunnit » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:32 am

ryguy3711 wrote:An unbelievably athletic Paul George. Good comparison; long, decent shooter, quick, maybe not as good as a defender as Paul George, but freaky athletic. Not a durant; not as offensively smooth. Not a Tayshaun Prince; not a skinny man that can play the post. Not a LeBron; although similarly athletic, not nearly as strong and built (I know LeBron was smaller early on, but not Wiggins skinny). It took Paul George a few years to figure it out in the league. Wiggins will do the same. He'll be an all-star in the league eventually. He's only what...18? Give the kid a chance. People are so quick nowadays to dismiss a player because he hasn't "wowed" within his first 10 minutes. It took Nash a while to become great, same with Kobe, Pau, Wade, Paul Pierce, Aldridge, Love. They all took time. The potential is there so everyone needs to chill.

what are you watching? wiggins is not that good! he runs the floor well and thats about it. All those players you named had skill, they could actually dribble and shoot at a young age, wiggins cant, not saying he wont improve, but i just dont see the hype

Return to Wiretap Discussion