Wolves Trade Derrick Williams To Kings For Luc Mbah a Moute

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Wolves Trade Derrick Williams To Kings For Luc Mbah a Moute 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 pm

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Sacramento Kings have exchanged Derrick Williams for Luc Mbah a Moute.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports first reported the deal on Monday.

Williams was the second overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft behind Kyrie Irving.

"We see this as an opportunity for (Williams) to have a fresh start," said Pete D'Alessandro of USA Today.

Via RealGM Staff Report

luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Re: Wolves Trade Derrick Williams To Kings For Luc Mbah a Mo 

Post#2 » by luss54321 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Wow. This is a steal for Sacramento. Derrick Williams is only 22 years old and averaged 12 points and 5 rebounds last year.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Good trade for both sides. Mbah a Moute could potentially start at SF for Minnesota giving them a lock down defender in their lineup and Sac gets Derrick Williams who many believe is a "bust." Sac is the perfect place for him because the expectations aren't high for him and perhaps he can turn things around.
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#4 » by PDX_DL0 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Good trade for the Kings. They should draft Marcus Smart and have him setup Ben/Williams/Cousins. We know he's a legit PG and not a tweener/undersized like what they currently have.
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#5 » by Dolphin Lips » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:30 pm

PDX_DL0 wrote:Good trade for the Kings. They should draft Marcus Smart and have him setup Ben/Williams/Cousins. We know he's a legit PG and not a tweener/undersized like what they currently have.

Good luck with that-- Smart is the #1 player in the country better than Wiggans, Parker and whoever else... Unless the Kings get that 1st pick but it looks like the Celtics will get the 1st pick thanks to the Nets
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Maf » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:
PDX_DL0 wrote:Good trade for the Kings. They should draft Marcus Smart and have him setup Ben/Williams/Cousins. We know he's a legit PG and not a tweener/undersized like what they currently have.

Good luck with that-- Smart is the #1 player in the country better than Wiggans, Parker and whoever else... Unless the Kings get that 1st pick but it looks like the Celtics will get the 1st pick thanks to the Nets

Celtics? What I understand from this site Nets better pick goes to Atlanta and worse to Celtics.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#7 » by Takingbaconback » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 am

Dolphin Lips wrote:

Even if they don't get Smart, they can get Exum, Wiggins, Parker, Randle if they get top 5 pick. And I doubt Smart is going to go number one overall although it is definitely possible
Loose
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Loose » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:42 am

Interesting trade, could open things up for Cousins with Williams stretching the floor a bit at the 4, but they'll suffer defensively.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:47 am

Luc's got some skills, but I think Wolves would've gotten more for Derrick.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
VintageVince
Rookie
And1: 926

Post#10 » by VintageVince » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:25 am

Lol, Marcus Smart won't be the first pick, trust me on that one
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#11 » by God Squad » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Winners obviously Sac Kings
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#12 » by IMAN5 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:

smart ain't going #1... he wasn't even going #1 in this draft he just withdrew from.
instagram.com/510movement
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#13 » by IMAN5 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:Good trade for both sides. Mbah a Moute could potentially start at SF for Minnesota giving them a lock down defender in their lineup and Sac gets Derrick Williams who many believe is a "bust." Sac is the perfect place for him because the expectations aren't high for him and perhaps he can turn things around.

my thoughts exactly
instagram.com/510movement
Mag12
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#14 » by Mag12 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 pm

God Squad wrote:Winners obviously Sac Kings

If you say the Kings win then you're overrating Derrick Williams. There is a reason he couldn't hack it Minnesota and it isn't because he's playing behind the best pf in the league. They never should of drafted him, he just hasn't been that good.
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#15 » by PDX_DL0 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:

Hahaha Smart is not going #1. Even in your scenario, if the Celtics get the #1 pick they aren't picking a PG and passing on Wiggins or Parker
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012

Return to Wiretap Discussion