Felton Doesn't Believe Knicks Took Step Back In 41-Point Home Loss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Felton Doesn't Believe Knicks Took Step Back In 41-Point Home Loss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 8, 2013 9:13 pm

The New York Knicks suffered a 114-73 defeat to the Boston Celtics at home on Sunday afternoon, but Raymond Felton does not believe it was a step back for the team after a brief, two-game winning streak.

"I don't think we had a bad effort," Felton said. "Those guys hit shots."

Iman Shumpert added he believed the game would have been different if the Knicks had hit a couple shots they normally make.

Carmelo Anthony called the loss "embarrassing."

Via Chris Herring/Wall Street Journal

kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Re: Felton Doesn't Believe Knicks Took Step Back In 41-Point 

Post#2 » by kobe48306 » Sun Dec 8, 2013 9:19 pm

Carmelo, getting beat by 41 points at home isn't going to encourage Rondo to come to the Knicks. All the bulid up you will give him just went down the tubes.
azncorruptedo17
Starter
And1: 222

Post#3 » by azncorruptedo17 » Sun Dec 8, 2013 9:22 pm

daaaamn.. 41?!
Clipper fan since '95!!
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#4 » by Knicksfan1992 » Sun Dec 8, 2013 9:31 pm

Felton makes me want to castrate myself when i watch him play with that ugly jumper, horrible perimeter d, and terrible basketball iq. And then he'll act care free when the team loses by 41 points at home... This guy doesn't know what it takes to win a game of scrabble nevermind basketball..
strawberry
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by strawberry » Sun Dec 8, 2013 10:17 pm

kobe48306 wrote:Carmelo, getting beat by 41 points at home isn't going to encourage Rondo to come to the Knicks. All the bulid up you will give him just went down the tubes.

LOL If you think Rondo was going to come to the Knicks to begin with, you're nuts. There is three franchises Rondo won't ever play for. Lakers, Heat, and Knicks. Don't get your hopes up, he hates those teams.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Sun Dec 8, 2013 10:18 pm

Losing to a team that just lost PP, KG and their all-star PG in Rondo is not embarrassing? This guy needs to check himself. The only thing they will win this year is the biggest fail of a team...especially in the already terrible Atlantic Division. Rebuild, get rid of everyone and start fresh - good draft coming up.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#7 » by Sn0wman » Sun Dec 8, 2013 10:30 pm

WTF is wrong with this guy? he was 0-6, 0 rebounds, 2 assists and 0 points, Shumpert went 31 mins and was 0-6, 0 points, Bargs 1-7, 2 points. Their starters had 29 points compared to Boston's 89. Knicks played like complete **** and this fat *** is saying "I don't think we had a bad effort" WTF??? This **** is in denial
Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#8 » by Slim_Charles » Sun Dec 8, 2013 11:08 pm

Raymond Felton just needs to be honest with this whole situation. The Knicks SUCK. If they want to remain relevant for the playoffs, they need to trade Melo. If I am Rondo, I would want to stay with the Celtics
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#9 » by 2Mas » Sun Dec 8, 2013 11:12 pm

Sn0wman wrote:WTF is wrong with this guy? he was 0-6, 0 rebounds, 2 assists and 0 points, Shumpert went 31 mins and was 0-6, 0 points, Bargs 1-7, 2 points. Their starters had 29 points compared to Boston's 89. Knicks played like complete **** and this fat *** is saying "I don't think we had a bad effort" WTF??? This **** is in denial

Lmao seriously though. Knicks did miss a lot, but still. To say NY didn't have a bad effort is ridiculous. Now it's only 1 game, but still. It's embarrassing for any team to do that, never the less the Knicks.
jshow34
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#10 » by jshow34 » Mon Dec 9, 2013 12:07 am

People were so high on Shumpert but he hasn't improved his game since his rookie season. Still can't shoot and now doesn't even lock up like he did. He is the new Ronnie Brewer.
Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Post#11 » by Arsilva » Mon Dec 9, 2013 2:17 am

jshow34 wrote:People were so high on Shumpert but he hasn't improved his game since his rookie season. Still can't shoot and now doesn't even lock up like he did. He is the new Ronnie Brewer.

---
Shumpert almost completed his second triple zeros game. Unfortunately, he had two rebounds.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#12 » by NBADraft2003 » Mon Dec 9, 2013 2:39 am

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Losing to a team that just lost PP, KG and their all-star PG in Rondo is not embarrassing? This guy needs to check himself. The only thing they will win this year is the biggest fail of a team...especially in the already terrible Atlantic Division. Rebuild, get rid of everyone and start fresh - good draft coming up.

:lol: With what pick?
Dougiefresh2333
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Dougiefresh2333 » Mon Dec 9, 2013 5:03 am

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Losing to a team that just lost PP, KG and their all-star PG in Rondo is not embarrassing? This guy needs to check himself. The only thing they will win this year is the biggest fail of a team...especially in the already terrible Atlantic Division. Rebuild, get rid of everyone and start fresh - good draft coming up.

The Knicks have absolutely no draft picks.
edward00
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#14 » by edward00 » Mon Dec 9, 2013 5:06 am

I highly doubt Rondo would want to join with Knicks after this game...

I feel sorry for the Knicks for letting Copeland go in the first place...

If you look at the production from copeland from last season, you'll know what I'm talking about...

I'm kinda surprised that metta didn't have a significant impact after joining the team...

I'm even more surprised by the fact that J.R. and Metta both made a statement before the season started they can win a Championship this season...

As of now, if they can squeeze into the playoffs, I would give themselves a pat on the back....

It's also quite pathetic to see how the West is so lopsided against the East this year...

As of now, only 3 teams in the East are over .500

If you look at the West... 10 teams are over .500

Even the West 9th seed's record is better than East 3rd seed...

sigh, I hope we can see more action in the East side...or else, I think is pretty much the same teams we're going to see in the ECF again...
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#15 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Dec 9, 2013 8:27 am

"I don't think we had a bad effort." What?! 41 points blowout and that wasn't a bad effort? Go jump off a cliff Felton. U suck.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#16 » by 6_Rings » Mon Dec 9, 2013 12:30 pm

Felton's mind was elsewhere. Perhaps on the buffet table.

Sent from my
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#17 » by YoungMoney23 » Mon Dec 9, 2013 4:18 pm

Just like you're the best PG in the league, ey Felton?
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#18 » by MegaK » Mon Dec 9, 2013 5:08 pm

Horrible game last night. Probably the worst effort I've ever seen by a Knicks team. Guys have got to remember they make more money per game then most people do all year. If that isn't enough motivation enough then have some personal pride. I was optimistic up until this last game. They've got to blow this team up and try and trade Melo for a high draft pick in the coming draft and rebuild through the draft. Right now the Knicks are already tanking the season away and owe their draft picks to other teams. They've got to dismantle this group, it is not working and they don't deserve playing in New York. If this isn't a wake up call to the Knicks GM I don't what is, does someone have to drop their shorts and **** on the court ?
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#19 » by MegaK » Mon Dec 9, 2013 5:26 pm

Arsilva wrote:
jshow34 wrote:People were so high on Shumpert but he hasn't improved his game since his rookie season. Still can't shoot and now doesn't even lock up like he did. He is the new Ronnie Brewer.

---
Shumpert almost completed his second triple zeros game. Unfortunately, he had two rebounds.

I think Shumpert is still adjusting to the two knee surgeries he had. He has a great body and is or was a defensive minded guard which is always useful on any team. Unfortunately i think the two surgeries on his knees has slowed his development. If he can stay healthy he will be a very productive player, unfortunately that doesn't help us now.
PapaSteveeee
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#20 » by PapaSteveeee » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Lets not act like Brooklyn isn't across the river

Return to Wiretap Discussion