Kobe Bryant Confident Lakers Will Develop Chemistry Quickly

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kobe Bryant Confident Lakers Will Develop Chemistry Quickly  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:17 am

Kobe Bryant scored nine points to go with eight rebounds and four assists in his season debut for the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday night, and he believes his return will not disrupt the team's chemistry.

"Chemistry will be fine. It's not like we were gangbusters before," Bryant said. "Guys know how to play. We'll be fine."

Bryant is comparing the next few weeks to a preseason schedule.

"I've always had sucky preseasons. Always," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of just kind of building your legs, finding your rhythm. Now there's a little bit more pressure obviously than in a preseason game. The crowd's a little bit more worried for me in between games to get ready."

Via Mike Bresnahan/Los Angeles Times

kb all day
Sophomore
And1: 7

Re: Kobe Bryant Confident Lakers Will Develop Chemistry Quic 

Post#2 » by kb all day » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Its a matter of conditioning. His legs probably feel like their stuck in mud. Nothing to worry about there. As for the chemistry? Well that's gonna be a team effort. They all need to try to read their leader's thinking and adjust anything he might need them to do. From too much joking, to practice, to playing the game a certain way. And Kobe has to make sure his presence doesn't intimidate or create tension around them. He has to make them feel at ease and approach any dislikes with a big brother type of attitude. Hope it clicks fast.. as I'm sure it will.

Go Lakers!
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#3 » by mj_shoefanatic » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:19 pm

bye bye Lakers
Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Arsilva » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:36 pm

kb all day wrote:Its a matter of conditioning. His legs probably feel like their stuck in mud. Nothing to worry about there. As for the chemistry? Well that's gonna be a team effort. They all need to try to read their leader's thinking and adjust anything he might need them to do. From too much joking, to practice, to playing the game a certain way. And Kobe has to make sure his presence doesn't intimidate or create tension around them. He has to make them feel at ease and approach any dislikes with a big brother type of attitude. Hope it clicks fast.. as I'm sure it will.

Go Lakers!

---
Mike's systems is based on building a game flow where perimeter players don't have second thoughts about shooting.... ...can't envision Kobe accepting giving up shots in favor of N.Young, J.Farmar, Wesley Johnson and the other blue collar players.

Return to Wiretap Discussion