Cavaliers In Mix For Omer Asik

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Cavaliers In Mix For Omer Asik 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:14 am

The Houston Rockets are poised to trade Omer Asik by Dec. 18 or Dec. 19.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are in the mix for Asik and could offer Anderson Varejao.

Asik has reportedly requested multiple trades from the Rockets.

Via David Aldridge/NBA.com

MalcolmXing
Banned User
And1: 503

Re: Cavaliers In Mix For Omer Asik 

Post#2 » by MalcolmXing » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:32 am

I WANT HIM dang it lol.

Not sure how much happier he'd be in Cleveland..it's Cleveland.

But I'd suspect it'd be a trade for Waiters not Varejo, no?
IMHO
Junior
And1: 24

Post#3 » by IMHO » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:39 am

It is Varejao, while casual fans know him as a hustle player, he has developed nice mid range game in post LeBron era.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#4 » by Reverse_Angle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:03 am

Just purchase another **** picture already you cheap pinheads. :lol:

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
LaLa
Banned User
And1: 202

Post#5 » by LaLa » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:41 am

Why would Asik want to go to Cleveland though, makes no sense. He'd be playing behind Bynum and we know damn well that frontcourt wouldn't work.
stycool24
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#6 » by stycool24 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:48 am

MalcolmXing wrote:I WANT HIM dang it lol.

haha you are hilarious. You think Cavs give up Waiters for Asik? Really? :lol:
MalcolmXing
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#7 » by MalcolmXing » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:51 am

stycool24 wrote:
MalcolmXing wrote:I WANT HIM dang it lol.

haha you are hilarious. You think Cavs give up Waiters for Asik? Really? :lol:

You're weird.

With that said, they were shopping Waiters which is why I was wondering.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#8 » by jlokine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 am

LaLa wrote:Why would Asik want to go to Cleveland though, makes no sense. He'd be playing behind Bynum and we know damn well that frontcourt wouldn't work.

why would rockets management care whether or not Asik wants to go to Cleveland or not. they'll send him to wherever they can get the best deal from. Nuggets had to trade melo to NY because that's the only place he'll sign an extension and therefore that's the only place nuggets can get the most in return vs other teams where he'd be a rental. but what i am trying to say is, it is not management's issue where Asik wants to play, he doesnt have a no trade clause. And Bynum is playing like 20-25 mins a game if even... and he sits out on back to back games.. i wouldnt call playing behind Bynum a problem..
LaLa
Banned User
And1: 202

Post#9 » by LaLa » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:54 am

jlokine wrote:
LaLa wrote:Why would Asik want to go to Cleveland though, makes no sense. He'd be playing behind Bynum and we know damn well that frontcourt wouldn't work.

why would rockets management care whether or not Asik wants to go to Cleveland or not. they'll send him to wherever they can get the best deal from. Nuggets had to trade melo to NY because that's the only place he'll sign an extension and therefore that's the only place nuggets can get the most in return vs other teams where he'd be a rental. but what i am trying to say is, it is not management's issue where Asik wants to play, he doesnt have a no trade clause. And Bynum is playing like 20-25 mins a game if even... and he sits out on back to back games.. i wouldnt call playing behind Bynum a problem..

he wants a trade out of Houston because of PT...wouldn't make sense on Asik's part to go there in all honesty, might as well stay in Houston.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#10 » by mtcan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Cleveland management has no idea what they actually want to do with their roster. They paid Andrew Bynum 12 million and now want to add Asik who would likely be backing up an able-bodied Bynum...which leads Asik to the exact same result in Houston...playing behind a much better and higher paid player and Ask being a backup. So Cleveland has an unhappy Dion Waiters and now wants a piece of an unhappy Omer Asik? Idiots running that franchise with 4 top 5 draft picks on the roster and is still going nowhere.
truthiness
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#11 » by truthiness » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Asik has reportedly requested multiple trades from the Rockets.

So he wants to be traded more than once ?
Or did he request A trade multiple TIMES ?
burritoKURUMA
Senior
And1: 498

Post#12 » by burritoKURUMA » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Varejao has been with the Cavs his entire career, and he's such a fun person to watch. I know he's also probably one of the Cavs' best trade pieces, but I always kinda hoped he would retire here.

I'm also not sure how Asik would fit in with the Cavs.

And would that mean more minutes for Bennett? Not sure how I feel about that either.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#13 » by Donnyxc » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:22 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if a Rondo + Olynyk for Asik trade is in the mix. I would be pretty upset, but it technically would help both teams. Rondo is perfect for playing alongside Harden/Howard. Kelly is more of a stretch 4, and Boston already has Sullinger. Plus Asik would be the guaranteed big they haven't had in a long time. (Shaq and Jermaine were useless, and KG isn't a natural C.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 377

Post#14 » by bballoctober » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Donnyxc wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if a Rondo + Olynyk for Asik trade is in the mix. I would be pretty upset, but it technically would help both teams. Rondo is perfect for playing alongside Harden/Howard. Kelly is more of a stretch 4, and Boston already has Sullinger. Plus Asik would be the guaranteed big they haven't had in a long time. (Shaq and Jermaine were useless, and KG isn't a natural C.

Rondo makes more money than Asik, more players would need to be involved.
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#15 » by The59Sound » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Donnyxc wrote: Rondo is perfect for playing alongside Harden/Howard.

Rondo couldn't possibly be a worse fit. A guy who needs to dominate the ball to be effective and couldn't hit a jump shot if there were a gun to his head? Atrocious fit with the Rockets.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#16 » by puja21 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:36 pm

bballoctober wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if a Rondo + Olynyk for Asik trade is in the mix. I would be pretty upset, but it technically would help both teams. Rondo is perfect for playing alongside Harden/Howard. Kelly is more of a stretch 4, and Boston already has Sullinger. Plus Asik would be the guaranteed big they haven't had in a long time. (Shaq and Jermaine were useless, and KG isn't a natural C.

Rondo makes more money than Asik, more players would need to be involved.

until next year when Asik balloons to 15M in real dollars

regardless Rondo isn't getting traded period
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#17 » by puja21 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:39 pm

The59Sound wrote:
Donnyxc wrote: Rondo is perfect for playing alongside Harden/Howard.

Rondo couldn't possibly be a worse fit. A guy who needs to dominate the ball to be effective and couldn't hit a jump shot if there were a gun to his head? Atrocious fit with the Rockets.

yeah it worked great in boston with all the mid to long range shooters who are comfortable catch-and-shoot. Allen, KG, Bass, House, Posey etc...

3 guys who need to touch the ball 50-60 times per game to be effective/comfortable/happy is a stretch. esp when 2 of them can't shoot at all let alone catch-and-shoot off-ball
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#18 » by Fellow72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:44 pm

If this is true, it just comes to show that Cleveland's management is quite idiotic. First they acquire Bennett, which made no sense due to their roster. They force him to play in a rotation that has no need for him, all while trying to change him into an SF. Now they want to bring Asik into a rotation that won't work for him either and will cause him to be greatly inefficient. Not to mention that Mike Brown is overrated as hell and shouldn't be coaching that team. The only reason he was seen as such a good coach is because he had lebron.
adrian3000
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#19 » by adrian3000 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:46 pm

mtcan wrote:Cleveland management has no idea what they actually want to do with their roster. They paid Andrew Bynum 12 million and now want to add Asik who would likely be backing up an able-bodied Bynum...which leads Asik to the exact same result in Houston...playing behind a much better and higher paid player and Ask being a backup. So Cleveland has an unhappy Dion Waiters and now wants a piece of an unhappy Omer Asik? Idiots running that franchise with 4 top 5 draft picks on the roster and is still going nowhere.

Asik’s problem with the Rox wasn’t only his playing time, it was also how they were using him. He was uncomfortable playing alongside Howard. Howard plays 33 minutes a game, while Bynum plays less than 20, leaving Asik 28 minutes to play as the lone center, not next to another one. I’m sure he’d be good with that.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#20 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:40 am

mtcan wrote:Cleveland management has no idea what they actually want to do with their roster. They paid Andrew Bynum 12 million and now want to add Asik who would likely be backing up an able-bodied Bynum...which leads Asik to the exact same result in Houston...playing behind a much better and higher paid player and Ask being a backup. So Cleveland has an unhappy Dion Waiters and now wants a piece of an unhappy Omer Asik? Idiots running that franchise with 4 top 5 draft picks on the roster and is still going nowhere.

Agree 100%.

Return to Wiretap Discussion