LeBron Has NBA's Most Popular Jersey Again, Carter-Williams At No. 15 As Highest Rookie

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron Has NBA's Most Popular Jersey Again, Carter-Williams At No. 15 As Highest Rookie 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:06 pm

LeBron James has the NBA's most popular jersey again this year.

James is followed by Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.

Michael Carter-Williams is the only rookie on the list, coming in at No. 15.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,381

Re: LeBron Has NBA's Most Popular Jersey Again, Carter-Willi 

Post#2 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Kobe still has it.. :o
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Curry is #6.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SacTownKings4Life
Starter
And1: 118

Post#4 » by SacTownKings4Life » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm honestly shocked, given how much hate Lebron gets nationwide.
Just
Image Image
B Cuz
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#5 » by CoreyGallagher » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Amazing that MCW is amongst such names in regards to popularity when he's played in just 15 games, good for him.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
JazzMatt13
Analyst

Post#6 » by JazzMatt13 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:50 pm

This is BS, the media and NBA have been downplaying Burke, so no one besides Utah gives a crap.

MCW has a season high for rookies, he is all over the news and in Top 10 Highlights. Burke gets the season high, and greatest performance by a rookie, and even against Oladipo, and his name isn't even mentioned, let alone put in a Top 10 Highlight.

Oladipo had a crap night, because of a thing called DEFENSE, go check Defensive ratings, and then ask why Ty Lawson, Oladipo, etc, have had crappy nights when facing Jazz. It is cause Trey Burke, Hayward and Favors are 3 crazy good defensive players.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,196

Post#7 » by kenwood3333 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:14 pm

I think its because MCW is such an easy name to remember, as compare to that rookie in utah
kb24vskb8
Junior
And1: 405

Post#8 » by kb24vskb8 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:22 pm

What about Rudy Gay?
JazzMatt13
Analyst

Post#9 » by JazzMatt13 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:13 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:Trey Burke, Hayward and Favors are 3 crazy good defensive players.

Having Hayward in your back court with you, kind of helps, but Trey's defensive rating and offensive rating is just as good as Damien Lillards last year, and same with Deron WIlliams rookie year. So I can live with a new D-Will, casue he didn't get ROTY, which is fine, I just hope everyone realizes that Burke is in a very hard conference, yet is equal to Dwill in almost every category.

Like I have said a hundred times, ROTY is only about popularity and PPG. They don't take anything into consideration. To ROTY, it is more important to have 3 steals a game, but in reality, if you want to win, you need a guy who gets 0 steals, but can make his Free Throws. Hence, MCW's steals aren't worth his terribly low FT% especially with his 3.7 TO's a game, compared to Trey Burke, who gets 1.4 TO's a game(lower than D-Will's rookie year at 1.8), Trey is almost getting 1 steal at 0.8, but his 90% of his Free Throws are more important than anything, compared to MCW's 67% FT%!!!
themeccamsg
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by themeccamsg » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:30 pm

IMO Carmelo should be higher on this list. Both Kobe and Rose are injured this year and Durant is in a small market, while Carmelo is in the largest NBA market. Say what you want about the Knicks' poor performance, they are still the mecca of basketball and should sell the most jerseys. Lebron is no doubt #1 as he's the greatest player in the world
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#11 » by CoreyGallagher » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:39 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:
JazzMatt13 wrote:Trey Burke, Hayward and Favors are 3 crazy good defensive players.

Having Hayward in your back court with you, kind of helps, but Trey's defensive rating and offensive rating is just as good as Damien Lillards last year, and same with Deron WIlliams rookie year. So I can live with a new D-Will, casue he didn't get ROTY, which is fine, I just hope everyone realizes that Burke is in a very hard conference, yet is equal to Dwill in almost every category.

Like I have said a hundred times, ROTY is only about popularity and PPG. They don't take anything into consideration. To ROTY, it is more important to have 3 steals a game, but in reality, if you want to win, you need a guy who gets 0 steals, but can make his Free Throws. Hence, MCW's steals aren't worth his terribly low FT% especially with his 3.7 TO's a game, compared to Trey Burke, who gets 1.4 TO's a game(lower than D-Will's rookie year at 1.8), Trey is almost getting 1 steal at 0.8, but his 90% of his Free Throws are more important than anything, compared to MCW's 67% FT%!!!

You realize MCW allows 0.79 points per possession according to synergy, Burke allows 0.84... MCW is the better defender even without considering the fact that he leads the league in steals and all PG's in blocks and rebounds per game... I'll respond more fully when I get off work, you're so wrong its going to annoy me the rest of the night now, ugh.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.

Return to Wiretap Discussion