Report: Thaddeus Young Requests Trade From 76ers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Report: Thaddeus Young Requests Trade From 76ers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Thaddeus Young has requested a trade from the Philadelphia 76ers.

Young and his agent, Jim Tanner, submitted a trade request to Sam Hinkie and the Sixers weeks ago, according to a source close to Young.

"Thad is ready to leave Philly," the source said. "He isn't with the whole tanking thing." 

Young was excited about the possibility of being traded to the Houston Rockets in a deal for Omer Asik before talks broke apart.

Via Jake Fischer/Liberty Ballers

dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Re: Report: Thaddeus Young Requests Trade From 76ers 

Post#2 » by dkjjr » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Thad to the Rockets for Asik.
themeccamsg
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by themeccamsg » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:04 pm

dkjjr wrote:Thad to the Rockets for Asik.

Why would the Sixers want Asik when they have Hawes and Noel?
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#4 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:17 pm

themeccamsg wrote:

Asik is a much better defender/rebounder than Hawes and considered more valuable overall as a result.

Hawes is a pending free-agent.

Noel isn't big enough to play Center, at least not in the forseeable future.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#5 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 pm

You wish you're going to Houston, Thad. Haha
themeccamsg
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by themeccamsg » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:42 pm

The_Hater wrote:
themeccamsg wrote:

Asik is a much better defender/rebounder than Hawes and considered more valuable overall as a result.

Hawes is a pending free-agent.

Noel isn't big enough to play Center, at least not in the forseeable future.

Noel isn't big enough to play center??? He's 7 feet. He will fill into his frame eventually.

Hawes is a free agent the Sixers have a ton of cap space, they should have no problem resigning him. Why waste an asset to replace a guy you let leave in free agency, when you can just sign Hawes in the first place and trade Young for another asset instead?
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:51 pm

themeccamsg wrote:
Noel isn't big enough to play center??? He's 7 feet. He will fill into his frame eventually.

Eventually, sure. But he weighed 206 lbs at the combine so they'd be doing he absolutely no favors asking him to bang down low with the 260+ pounders that man the position for most teams. That's why I said he probably isn't a Center in the foreseeable future. In a few years I agree that he's probably a Center.

AS for Hawes, you assume that the Sixers want to use their cap space on him. My guess is he's either traded before the deadline or let go as a free-agent after the season. Rebuilding teams generally like to save their cap space for players better than Hawes. I like him, he's a good offensive big man but well below average defensively.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#8 » by inquisitive » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Noel will be thrown around like a rag doll as center...sure he can eventually bulk up and become one, but i can't see him being effective right now as a 5.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
2k14beast
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#9 » by 2k14beast » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:37 pm

if you put into account the pace the 76ers have been playing at maybe a 260 pound center doesn't really make sense...they could effectively use a mobile big man like noel to push the tempo even further.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#10 » by LiSTWithLani » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:44 pm

2k14beast wrote:if you put into account the pace the 76ers have been playing at maybe a 260 pound center doesn't really make sense...they could effectively use a mobile big man like noel to push the tempo even further.

Exactly, they play a heavily trap-oriented defense with him in and would look great!
Jordan Rose123
Pro Prospect
And1: 117

Post#11 » by Jordan Rose123 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:37 am

He's going to cleveland, book it
You mad?
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#12 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:05 am

They'd only want a draft pick for him.
Credits to Jstock12
DangerG
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#13 » by DangerG » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:56 am

If Sixers are actually offering him for Asik, would be ridiculous for Houston not to take it.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,858

Post#14 » by nikster » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:32 am

The_Hater wrote:
themeccamsg wrote:

Eventually, sure. But he weighed 206 lbs at the combine so they'd be doing he absolutely no favors asking him to bang down low with the 260+ pounders that man the position for most teams. That's why I said he probably isn't a Center in the foreseeable future. In a few years I agree that he's probably a Center.

AS for Hawes, you assume that the Sixers want to use their cap space on him. My guess is he's either traded before the deadline or let go as a free-agent after the season. Rebuilding teams generally like to save their cap space for players better than Hawes. I like him, he's a good offensive big man but well below average defensively.

He'll definitely play center. People said the same thing about anthony Davis but hes played lots of center with, especially with Anderson playing. Not to mention, Davis actually has the offensive skills to play power forward, unlike Noel
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#15 » by Temuhjan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:08 am

Honestly, the only team desperate enough to take on Asik's ballooning 2014-15 salary would be a serious contender with a apping hole in the low post. That team is the Portland Trailblazers. However, the Blazers does not have the assets Daryl Morey like.

Enters the tanking 76ers who is interested in the assets the Blazers are dangling (Thomas Robinson and Joel Freeland) and has the asset Morey covets (Thad Young). The three-way swap can be constructed as follows:

Rockets get Young for Asik
Blazers get Asik for Robinson, Freeland and Wright
76ers get Robinson, Freeland and Wright for Young
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#16 » by Temuhjan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:19 am

DangerG wrote:If Sixers are actually offering him for Asik, would be ridiculous for Houston not to take it.

Correction: Daryl Morey wanted Thad for Asik. Unfortunately, Sam Hinkie wants none of it
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#17 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:22 am

I find that very noble. 76er's gave away a great PG in Holiday and are "Seriously" tanking beyond belief and I don't blame him for wanting out, because 76er's are accomplishing little this season. They are filled with so many scrubs it is unbelievable.

76er's Team (at a glance):

Rookies: (5 of them) 2 building blocks, 3 scrubs

Michael Carter-Williams: 11th overall, great pickup
Lorenzo Brown: 52nd Overall and waived, 76ers then picked him up
Brandon Davies: Undrafted 2013
Hollis Thompson: Undrafted 2012, Summer League scrub
Nerlens Noel: #6 Overall, traded Holiday and also got 2014 1st round pick Pelicans

1st Year: (2 of them) 1 decent, and 1 not bad

Tony Wroten: 25th Overall, decent pick up, worth building in the bench
Arnett Moultrie: 27th Overall, *76er's traded their 2014 1st round pick (top 14 protected) for 45th overall Justin Hamilton (who got waived) and Arnett. This is a very dumb trade, but they knew they were tanking so no big deal. they just get a 2nd rounder now.

2nd Year: (3 of them) 1 Decent, 2 Scrubs

-Lavoy Allen: 50th Overall, decent pick up, worth building in the bench
-Daniel Orton: "29th in 2010" (and yes a 2nd year, 291 minutes coming in this season) he was sent to D-league and got injured, later got waived by his second team who used only used him in for Summer!
-Darius Morris: 41st Overall, he got waived last month

3rd Year: (3 of them) 1 Great, 2 Scrubs

-James Anderson: 20th overall, small injury was put on D-League twice first year and then SAS didn't take player option
-Evan Turner: #2 Overall, Best asset on this team, only young guy who is any experience.
-Elliot Williams: 22nd Overall, injury out rookie year, injury most of 1st year, and then a 3rd injury out all of 2nd year

The Rest:
6th Year-Spencer Hawes
6th Year-Thaddeus Young
12th Year-Jason Richardson

Bottom Line:
They are tanking for the development of all these young players. Before season started, the only guys worth building were Evan Turner, Lavoy Allen and Tony Wroten. When you add your new rookie PG, Carter-Williams that makes only 4 solid pieces who are building for the future this year, make it 5 guys if Noel returns.

With 15 players on roster, I count 7 scrubs on this team right now! When I say scrub, I mean guys who basically belong in d-league, who are making up almost half the team. It is normal to have guys in your pocket that you build, guys who you obtained in 2nd round, but they have an excessive amount of 2nd rounders that they personally sign, which is an "iconic" move for tanking teams, no team in right mind does this.

So Hawes, Richardson and Young are going no where fast on this team. Why delay their move out of here, when 76ers are obviously tanking. I bet you dollar and donuts less than half these 7 scrubs don't even play on the team next year.

Return to Wiretap Discussion