Rajon Rondo: Return In January Isn't Realistic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rajon Rondo: Return In January Isn't Realistic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 am

Rajon Rondo was asked on Sunday about whether a return in January is realistic for him as he comes back from a torn ACL.

"No," Rondo said. "I've had one practice and a pickup game. My endurance is key for me."

Rondo made it clear that he wants to be in complete physical shape when he returns to the Boston Celtics.

"I’m just listening to my body," Rondo said. "If my body told me I was 100 percent, I’d be playing now.”

Via Gary Washburn/Boston Globe

CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Re: Rajon Rondo: Return In January Isn't Realistic 

Post#2 » by CHAMPi0N » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:18 am

Glad to hear him talking sense... Come back when you're strong, Celtics aren't exactly hurting this year.
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#3 » by ybnd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:40 am

As long as he doesnt pull a Derek Rose
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#4 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:53 am

Considering how Kobe's quick return worked out, this is a smart move. Celtics are doing alright with their new team and coach, there's no reason to rush him back. Plus if any divison is highly uncompetitive, its the Atlantic.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#5 » by deeps6x » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:12 am

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Considering how Kobe's quick return worked out, this is a smart move. Celtics are doing alright with their new team and coach, there's no reason to rush him back. Plus if any divison is highly uncompetitive, its the Atlantic.

Said the guy who didn't watch the Raptors beat OKC and the refs tonight.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
JazzMatt13
Analyst

Post#6 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 am

If NBA players weren't so "egotistical" he could spend a couple weeks in D-League, and pracitce on somebody elses time and money.

I can't belive that more teams don't use D-League. No team plays 15 guys, most have like 3-4 in pocket for back up, but I don't see why more put pieces there who aren't getting time.
MKG35
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#7 » by MKG35 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 am

JazzMatt13 wrote:If NBA players weren't so "egotistical" he could spend a couple weeks in D-League, and pracitce on somebody elses time and money.

I can't belive that more teams don't use D-League. No team plays 15 guys, most have like 3-4 in pocket for back up, but I don't see why more put pieces there who aren't getting time.

The D-league isn't the right place for Rondo to practice and get back in shape.

Everyone playing there has a very selfish mindset because they want to make it to the NBA. I'm pretty sure every opponent would play hard against Rondo to show they can stop one of the best PG's in the league. The risk of him getting injured by some fool, it's one you shouldn't take.
MKG35
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#8 » by MKG35 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 am

JazzMatt13 wrote:If NBA players weren't so "egotistical" he could spend a couple weeks in D-League, and pracitce on somebody elses time and money.

The D-league isn't the right place for Rondo to practice and get back in shape.

Everyone playing there has a very selfish mindset because they want to make it to the NBA. I'm pretty sure every opponent would play hard against Rondo to show they can stop one of the best PG's in the league. The risk of him getting injured by some fool, it's one you shouldn't take.
JazzMatt13
Analyst

Post#9 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:53 am

MKG35 wrote:

That makes sense, I just know that some teams refuse to do it because of "to cool for it", like Anthony Bennett who really needs a boost! If Rondo is at full health, they got a training facility who plenty of guys who can practice with him to get him in shape. Game ready is just a whole different thing, if they waited for a good home stretch that would be best, not against someone like Pacers or Hawks.

I am the #1 person who said Kobe was coming back too soon, but this is the one side of the "extreme" that is too soon, while Derrick Rose not playing last season was opposite "extreme" for too long.

If they can find a happy medium, like returning after All-Star break, that is more realistic and the best option in my opinion! It gives him enough games to get back in shape, and it is like "halftime", where things are a new start!

The fact is Celtics are a playoff team, so Rondo could really help them! If they pull this crap like Bulls, and don't bring him back, I would find that very weird. I would find it even more weird if they bring him back right when Playoffs start. If they want him playing in playoffs, he needs a month or 2 of play in regular season before the season ends.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#10 » by your boy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:29 am

deeps6x wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:Considering how Kobe's quick return worked out, this is a smart move. Celtics are doing alright with their new team and coach, there's no reason to rush him back. Plus if any divison is highly uncompetitive, its the Atlantic.

Regardless of who the raptors beat tonight, the Atlantic division is by far the least competitive division in the nba. Every other division leader had at least 20 wins. The raptors are leading that division and they aren't even at .500
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#11 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:45 pm

your boy wrote:
deeps6x wrote:

Regardless of who the raptors beat tonight, the Atlantic division is by far the least competitive division in the nba. Every other division leader had at least 20 wins. The raptors are leading that division and they aren't even at .500

Exactly - and as a matter of fact I did watch the game. Raptors played great - still doesn't change the fact that the division is miserable compared to the rest of the league.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#12 » by Donnyxc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Not a matter of egoism. Playing in the D-League would in no way help Rajon or the Celtics right now.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
ybnd
Senior

Post#13 » by ybnd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:41 pm

LOL if you think Rondo wanna spend time in Portland Maine you are insane!
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#14 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:43 pm

I thought there was a rule where only players with 3 years or less can be assigned in teh D league.
BarnabyJones
Sixth Man
And1: 292

Post#15 » by BarnabyJones » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 pm

No point in Rondo coming back early. He needs to sit out as long as possible.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”― Mark Twain
McPrezy
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#16 » by McPrezy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:17 pm

BarnabyJones wrote:No point in Rondo coming back early. He needs to sit out as long as possible.

you have no idea what are you talking about. More time you didn't play after ACL injury the worse it is.
If he is cleared by the doctors he should play. The same thing was with Rose, he waited too long because he was weak mentally and look what happened.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#17 » by thegreenlife » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:28 pm

McPrezy wrote:
BarnabyJones wrote:No point in Rondo coming back early. He needs to sit out as long as possible.

you have no idea what are you talking about. More time you didn't play after ACL injury the worse it is.
If he is cleared by the doctors he should play. The same thing was with Rose, he waited too long because he was weak mentally and look what happened.

no no, YOU have no idea what you're talking about. Rose made the right decision by skipping the entire season and when he came back, he was doing pretty well (albeit a little rusty). The fact that he got another injury cant be correlated to his old acl tear. That's like comparing apples to oranges
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#18 » by U hova » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:50 pm

thegreenlife wrote:
McPrezy wrote:

no no, YOU have no idea what you're talking about. Rose made the right decision by skipping the entire season and when he came back, he was doing pretty well (albeit a little rusty). The fact that he got another injury cant be correlated to his old acl tear. That's like comparing apples to oranges

The "little rusty" part is what I think he means with "look what happened"
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#19 » by your boy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:54 pm

thegreenlife wrote:
McPrezy wrote:

Rose looked terrible. He wasn't just a little rusty.
ybnd
Senior

Post#20 » by ybnd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:43 pm

your boy wrote:
thegreenlife wrote:
McPrezy wrote:you have no idea what are you talking about. More time you didn't play after ACL injury the worse it is.

Rose looked terrible. He wasn't just a little rusty.

When you injure one part of your body you tend to favor not using that piece of your body and putting stress other places....which often time causes other injuries

Return to Wiretap Discussion