Casey: Raptors 'Fighting Like Crap For The Playoffs'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Casey: Raptors 'Fighting Like Crap For The Playoffs' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:18 pm

The Toronto Raptors gave the Oklahoma City Thunder their first loss at home on Sunday as they continue to fight for a spot in the playoffs.

The Raptors are now in first place in the Atlantic Division.

Dwane Casey said before the win that the Raptors are "at a crossroads with our organization" but also "fighting like crap for the playoffs." 

The Raptors could still trade some of their key assets such as DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Re: Casey: Raptors 'Fighting Like Crap For The Playoffs' 

Post#2 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Interesting choice of words.
Championships
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Championships » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I'd rather them not be in the Playoffs, nothing more embarrassing than making it and then getting blown out in 4 straight games.
burritoKURUMA
Senior
And1: 498

Post#4 » by burritoKURUMA » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Championships wrote:I'd rather them not be in the Playoffs, nothing more embarrassing than making it and then getting blown out in 4 straight games.

Pretty sure Charlotte's 2011-12 team or Cleveland's 2010-11 team would disagree with you.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#5 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:15 pm

I think Masai is prepared for both options: if the Raps hit the lottery this year and miss the playoffs, the pickings are good. But he also has lots of flexibility with the players and contracts (cap space as well) now that he has cleared Bargnani and Gay from the roster. He most likely has a plan for both scenarios, whether the Raptors are in the playoffs or not. So Raptors fans like myself can enjoy perhaps an above .500 season for the first time in a long time, or be prepared for low results (nothing new if you've followed the last 2-3 seasons) and a draft pick.

They have been player better since Gay left - hopefully they keep that up. Personally, I don't think they will get swept in the playoffs - they will make it very hard for someone to get through them if they make it that far.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#6 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:11 pm

burritoKURUMA wrote:
Championships wrote:I'd rather them not be in the Playoffs, nothing more embarrassing than making it and then getting blown out in 4 straight games.

Pretty sure Charlotte's 2011-12 team or Cleveland's 2010-11 team would disagree with you.

yup and what's worse our 10-11 season that also featured worst losing streak in professional north american sports history netted us Tristan Thompson.

Tristan Thompson.

Netted Charlotte Michael Gilchrist.
#FreeGuwop
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#7 » by JazzMatt13 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:09 am

Which side of this double meaning does he mean?

1: Yea our fighting is crap, for any chance in playoffs

or

2: We are trying as hard as crap, to fight for a spot in playoffs
williamsonfox
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#8 » by williamsonfox » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:19 pm

that's if they get the 7/8 seed and play Indiana or Miami - but if they win the Atlantic they are guaranteed the 4th seed and will be matched up against one of the other underwhelming eastern teams (Charlotte, Washington, Detroit, Atlanta) - very possible to win a match up there - which will give them very good experience and give the fans something to cheer about - and give something to Ujiri to build on.

We aren't getting Andrew Wiggins folks - there are too many bad teams this year aiming for the same thing. He will come to Toronto after his qualifying deal - 5-7 yrs if he wants to. But who knows... he may not be that good.

Return to Wiretap Discussion