James Anderson Finding Solidified NBA Role With 76ers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

James Anderson Finding Solidified NBA Role With 76ers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 pm

After splitting time between the San Antonio Spurs and Houston Rockets over the past two seasons, James Anderson understood the Philadlephia 76ers’ claim of him in the offseason represented perhaps his best chance to find a role within an organization, especially a franchise with one of his former executives.

Nearly two months into the season, Anderson has fortified a two-guard spot, averaging 9.9 points highlighted by his 36-point game against the Houston Rockets on Nov. 13. The 24-year-old is confident he’s finding his place to stay among the 76ers’ young core.

“I’m definitely trying to establish myself playing with this young team that we have,” Anderson told RealGM. “I’m just continuing to grind and make a name for myself. Being that it’s my first real opportunity since my rookie year, I want to take advantage of it and keep pushing.”

Sam Hinkie had been with Anderson in Houston, and Brett Brown served as the guard’s assistant coach with the Spurs. Now, Anderson credits their presence for him landing with the 76ers and receiving playing time to prove himself.

“I knew both of them and they both knew my game,” Anderson said. “That definitely played a big part in me signing here. They both gave me the opportunity to establish myself in the NBA.”

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Re: James Anderson Finding Solidified NBA Role With 76ers 

Post#2 » by JazzMatt13 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:27 am

Yeah him and half the 76er's "normally" wouldn't get a chance in this league. When teams like 76er's allow a bunch of scrubs that couldn't make it on teams who want playoffs, it degrades the league, and people wonder why the NBA isn't thinking about a new draft system.

No hate on these guys, but d-league is a place where many belong, but good for them if they can find a resurgence in their career and finally make it....luckily half the "East Coast" is basically low level quality basketball, or else this would have never happened. I don't think many players can succeed in a West Coast team. Jazz are filled with lottery picks, and brought in 2 D-League guys to work with, but they ain't getting no time, because we can barely compete, even with quality draft picks. No way Jaz would even have 7 wins in West Coast if they had 76er's roster.

I "wonder" why no one wrote an article about John Lucas making a "come back" in the league or even Richard Jefferson reigniting his career....I bet plenty of fans probably don't even know who they are.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,301

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:15 am

JazzMatt13 wrote:I "wonder" why no one wrote an article about John Lucas making a "come back" in the league or even Richard Jefferson reigniting his career....I bet plenty of fans probably don't even know who they are.

It's because they suck.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#4 » by IMAN5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:51 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
JazzMatt13 wrote:I "wonder" why no one wrote an article about John Lucas making a "come back" in the league or even Richard Jefferson reigniting his career....I bet plenty of fans probably don't even know who they are.

It's because they suck.

LOL spot on. We have people complaining about John Lucas and RJ not getting credit? come on.
instagram.com/510movement

Return to Wiretap Discussion