Trey Burke, Victor Oladipo Named Rookies Of Month

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Trey Burke, Victor Oladipo Named Rookies Of Month 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 4, 2014 12:33 am

Trey Burke and Victor Oladipo have been named the NBA Western and Eastern Conference Rookies of the Month, respectively, for December.

Burke averaged 14.8 points, 5.9 assists and 3.1 rebounds for the Utah Jazz.

Oladipo averaged 12.7 points, 4.5 rebounds & 3.8 assists for the Orlando Magic.

Via RealGM Staff Report

CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Re: Trey Burke, Victor Oladipo Named Rookies Of Month 

Post#2 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Jan 4, 2014 2:00 am

Lol, k, suppose you couldn't give it to MCW because of the injury, but still, idk.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
jjscap
Bench Warmer
And1: 323

Post#3 » by jjscap » Sat Jan 4, 2014 2:16 am

Burke contributing beyond numbers, winning games for his team... showing great leadership.
JazzMatt13
Analyst

Post#4 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Jan 4, 2014 2:36 am

I know for a fact Trey Burke earned this. I am so happy, I want him to get all the respect he deserves, even though I don't personally care for awards. McLemore is also a great player who did get nominated but lost, he is still a great asset in SAC, which goes to show, awards aren't everything!

As far as Hardaway vs Oladipo, honestly, I thought of these 2 nominees (because they only pick from 2 hand picked candidates), Hardaway has impressed me for the month of December, maybe not more than Oladipo, but I think he has been better than what I expected. I am happy for Oladipo because even if Hardaway deserved or not, Oladipo deserved it for what he has done. Like they say, there can only be 1!

Hardaway and McLemore got nominations, which is still something to be happy about. I like all 4 of them. As far as MCW, you just can't miss half a month and expect to be nominated for ROTM, not when 2 others were having great months, especially 2 who were hard to pick from. I mean Burke was the clear cut winner, I honestly expected Tim to win, not Victor.
JazzMatt13
Analyst

Post#5 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Jan 4, 2014 2:39 am

jjscap wrote:Burke contributing beyond numbers, winning games for his team... showing great leadership.

Everyone has a case. McLemore and Hardaway both were great, but didn't deserve it "as much", which is hard pill to swallow on account that they are still great athletes. I think it would give them even more motivation to try in January.

I do want to point out, Trey Burke is on Jazz, who had the #1 hardest schedule in league through all of December. How they managed the wins they got is beyond me, all I know is we couldn't have got even 1, without him!

Return to Wiretap Discussion