NBA Exec: Any Team In League Would Love To Have Thaddeus Young

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NBA Exec: Any Team In League Would Love To Have Thaddeus Young 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 4, 2014 4:46 pm

Thaddeus Young would like a trade from the Philadelphia 76ers as they rebuild their roster under Sam Hinkie.

"I've been patient since Day 1 in '07," Young said. "I can keep trying my best to be patient. I've been doing it so far. When stories came out about being disgruntled, I look at the stories and I laugh, and then I keep going out and playing basketball. This is my craft, this is my job, this is what I love to do, and I'm not going to let anything stop me playing the game.

"We had this conversation before coach [Doug] Collins came in, about the stability issue. I feel that's something that every player wants, that he can be comfortable, that he doesn't have to be having to prove something each and every year. I felt like I had to prove something since the year I came in, especially with all the different coaches I've had. When you get a coach and get more and more comfortable with him and then he's gone, I have to start all over again. Then I have to prove that I can be a star forward in this league again, and that I can do this, I can do that. It's always been that situation."

Young has averaged 25.8 points per game over the past six games in which Philadelphia has a 4-2 record.

"Any team in the league would love to have Thaddeus Young," said one NBA executive.

Via Bob Cooney/Philadelphia Daily News

Bryan Colangelo
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Re: NBA Exec: Any Team In League Would Love To Have Thaddeus 

Post#2 » by Bryan Colangelo » Sat Jan 4, 2014 5:07 pm

Says Philadelphia's executive :lol: /greenfont
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Sat Jan 4, 2014 5:09 pm

Bryan Colangelo wrote:Says Philadelphia's executive :lol: /greenfont

Not just a Philly exec, I assure you anyone would love for the 76ers to trade him to them
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#4 » by Leto » Sat Jan 4, 2014 6:41 pm

"Any team in the league would love to have Thaddeus Young," said one NBA executive. - See more at: posting.php?mode=reply&f=415&t=1295032#sthash.7pxlHIKT.dpuf

...as a back up tweener. If Thad is your starting PF, that's not going to get it done.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#5 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 4, 2014 6:42 pm

Who won't? Works harder than anyone on the court, is a very good team player, plays very efficient and is just 25 years old.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#6 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 4, 2014 6:46 pm

Leto wrote:"Any team in the league would love to have Thaddeus Young," said one NBA executive. - See more at: posting.php?mode=reply&f=415&t=1295032#sthash.7pxlHIKT.dpuf

...as a back up tweener. If Thad is your starting PF, that's not going to get it done.

He's not really that small. He's got almost the same standing reach with Joakim noah.

And FWIW, Thad's probably the best tweener PF in the league right now.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
gcates
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#7 » by gcates » Sat Jan 4, 2014 8:57 pm

Young can score efficiently at either forward position and effectively guard them both. Yes...I think any team would love to have him.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#8 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Jan 4, 2014 10:49 pm

Plenty of suitors. Just depends who needs him now.

I mean just under 10 million, is a steep price, I think if teams really wanted him they would take his current contract in trade. But he is only guaranteed through next season, after that there is just 1 player option. Which isn't worth it to me.

I think it is funny how teams give up big assets for great players, who end up leaving in 1 season.
dynamicswami
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#9 » by dynamicswami » Sun Jan 5, 2014 1:01 am

76ciology wrote:
Leto wrote:"Any team in the league would love to have Thaddeus Young," said one NBA executive. - See more at: posting.php?mode=reply&f=415&t=1295032#sthash.7pxlHIKT.dpuf

He's not really that small. He's got almost the same standing reach with Joakim noah.

And FWIW, Thad's probably the best tweener PF in the league right now.

That's why you don't DRAFT HIGH (Top 5) for forward tweeners. See: Anthony Bennett (1st pick), Michael Beasley (2nd), Derrick Williams (2nd). Thad was picked 12th overall, 2007. It's either they are going to be a full time wing players (SF) or a (PF) stretch four/small ball bigs who can rebound and defend. As of now, at best, they are going to be role players.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#10 » by floppymoose » Sun Jan 5, 2014 1:29 am

Forget the tweener stuff, on my Warriors he'd be the backup C. :-D
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#11 » by dballislife » Sun Jan 5, 2014 6:08 am

at 9mill not all teams would want player of thads skillset, most though
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,733

Post#12 » by the_process » Sun Jan 5, 2014 8:35 am

I hope this is true. Sixers are listening, guy has been putting up 30 and 10's like its going out of style... best offers only. BTW Thad can play the 3.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#13 » by PrecociousNeoph » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:42 am

"NBA exec"... more like thaddeus young's agent.
“Bye, Felicia.”
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,733

Post#14 » by the_process » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:16 am

As usual, all of you guys criminally underrate Thad's game. He's locked in contractually and puts up efficient numbers at the 3 and at the 4. He doesn't require a high usage rate to put up those numbers. He can start at either position. His P&R defense is very good.

Return to Wiretap Discussion