Warriors Pursue Trade For Kirk Hinrich

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Warriors Pursue Trade For Kirk Hinrich 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 7, 2014 8:52 pm

Kirk Hinrich is drawing interest in trade talks with the Chicago Bulls as they appear settled on giving up on a playoff push.

The Golden State Warriors have expressed serious interest in trading for Hinrich.

Hinrich is making approximately $4 million in the final season of his contract.

The Warriors are searching for a point guard to backup Stephen Curry, and are also in the mix for Andre Miller.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Warriors Pursue Trade For Kirk Hinrich 

Post#2 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jan 7, 2014 8:59 pm

Toney Douglas for Kirk Hinrich. Salary dump for the Bulls and further help them with the tanking.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#3 » by IMAN5 » Tue Jan 7, 2014 9:15 pm

I would say two second rounders and filler for Hinrich gets it done.

Warriors move most of their 1st rounders in that previous salary dump and probably don't want to move any more.
instagram.com/510movement
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#4 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jan 7, 2014 9:26 pm

Is there some sort of fire-sale going on? The Bulls kind of need Hinrich. Just because Deng is gone and Boozer is probably gone doesn't mean the Bulls won't try to keep Hinrich for the foreseeable future. This Bulls team doesn't look like they're pursuing a full rebuild. Maybe I'm in denial. I guess if it clears caps space and helps us tank, it should be fine.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 329

Post#5 » by trebone » Tue Jan 7, 2014 9:32 pm

I think they would move the salary to have a shot at Melo after they amnesty Boozer
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#6 » by donaldtrump_00 » Tue Jan 7, 2014 9:43 pm

trebone wrote:I think they would move the salary to have a shot at Melo after they amnesty Boozer

kirk is gone anyway after this season. its pointless to trade him now. plus he is working miracles on offense for chi with the tank. why would golden state want to slow the offense down. isn't gs a fast paste team. I doubt hinrich goes anywhere because if Teague is brought back from the d league its depressing watching him try to play a sport he has no business playing
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#7 » by malgus » Tue Jan 7, 2014 10:12 pm

If I was the Bulls I'd take Bazemore from the Ws for Hinrich. That would probably work out well for the Bulls and would give the Ws a reliable veteran presence rather than the untapped potential on the bench.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#8 » by inquisitive » Tue Jan 7, 2014 10:14 pm

bulls going out on a selling spree it seems now? will gibson and noah be on the list for feb 20th?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
aussiewill
Rookie
And1: 179

Post#9 » by aussiewill » Tue Jan 7, 2014 10:31 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
trebone wrote:I think they would move the salary to have a shot at Melo after they amnesty Boozer

kirk is gone anyway after this season. its pointless to trade him now. plus he is working miracles on offense for chi with the tank. why would golden state want to slow the offense down. isn't gs a fast paste team. I doubt hinrich goes anywhere because if Teague is brought back from the d league its depressing watching him try to play a sport he has no business playing

This made me laugh...
truthiness
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#10 » by truthiness » Tue Jan 7, 2014 10:35 pm

The Bulls are too cheap to go for Melo.
Not that going for Melo would be such a good idea anyway.

But even if Lebron was available, they're too cheap to take on 2 max contracts, cause they might need to go into the luxury tax to fill out the team. And Reinsdorf is allergic to the luxury tax.
themeccamsg
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by themeccamsg » Tue Jan 7, 2014 10:50 pm

I get the Hinrich for Douglas proposal as a starter, but more salary is needed leaving GSW for it to work. But my guess is the Bulls don't want to take any contracts back that last longer than this year. The only players that qualify are O'Neal and Bazemore, but I doubt GSW wants to give up either of them. Therefore, a third team with expiring contracts is needed.

The Knicks can step in and give the Bulls Udrih and Aldrich who both expire. GSW can still send 2 second rounders to the Bulls, that part makes sense. The Knicks get Ezeli and Green who are role players, but are willing to accept their contracts that don't expire this year. The Knicks get no draft picks because Ezeli and Green have a bit more upside at this point than Udrih and Alrich.

To New York
Festus Ezeli ($1.1M for 3 years)
Draymond Green ($0.9M for 2 years)

To Chicago
Toney Douglas ($1.6M EXPIRING)
Beno Udrih ($0.9M EXPIRING)
Cole Aldrich ($0.9M EXPIRING)
GSW 2018 2nd Round Pick (earliest 2nd rounder available)
GSW 2019 2nd Round Pick

To Golden State
Kirk Hinrich ($4.1M EXPIRING)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ojl6pwl
BScoreez
Senior
And1: 151

Post#12 » by BScoreez » Tue Jan 7, 2014 11:02 pm

themeccamsg wrote:I get the Hinrich for Douglas proposal as a starter, but more salary is needed leaving GSW for it to work. But my guess is the Bulls don't want to take any contracts back that last longer than this year. The only players that qualify are O'Neal and Bazemore, but I doubt GSW wants to give up either of them. Therefore, a third team with expiring contracts is needed.

The Knicks can step in and give the Bulls Udrih and Aldrich who both expire. GSW can still send 2 second rounders to the Bulls, that part makes sense. The Knicks get Ezeli and Green who are role players, but are willing to accept their contracts that don't expire this year. The Knicks get no draft picks because Ezeli and Green have a bit more upside at this point than Udrih and Alrich.

To New York

To Chicago
GSW 2019 2nd Round Pick

To Golden State

There is no way Hinrich costs that much. His stats may not show it, but Green has easily been the Warriors best bench player, one of the best defenders on the team, is younger, and is locked in really cheap for an additional year. I also don't think the team would be willing to part with Ezeli due to Bogut being the only healthy center on the team and Ezeli is likely coming back before O'Neal. Remember Ezeli started the most games at center for the Warriors last season. NY easily gets the best of this deal.
LakersFan82505
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#13 » by LakersFan82505 » Tue Jan 7, 2014 11:06 pm

aussiewill wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:

This made me laugh...

LOL i think you mean a fast PACED team not paste.
micromonkey
Starter
And1: 627

Post#14 » by micromonkey » Tue Jan 7, 2014 11:08 pm

Just the TPE and garbage picks please.
He isn't part of future even 1-2 years out--so he needs to go to protect the tank.
Dunleavy is next. Good enough win now for GSW to lose a 2nd rounder--which they'd probably waive anyway.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#15 » by your boy » Tue Jan 7, 2014 11:24 pm

themeccamsg wrote:I get the Hinrich for Douglas proposal as a starter, but more salary is needed leaving GSW for it to work. But my guess is the Bulls don't want to take any contracts back that last longer than this year. The only players that qualify are O'Neal and Bazemore, but I doubt GSW wants to give up either of them. Therefore, a third team with expiring contracts is needed.

To New York

To Chicago
GSW 2019 2nd Round Pick

To Golden State

you're an idiot
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#16 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Jan 8, 2014 12:18 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:Toney Douglas for Kirk Hinrich. Salary dump for the Bulls and further help them with the tanking.

I agree.
Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Post#17 » by Arsilva » Wed Jan 8, 2014 12:21 am

truthiness wrote:

But even if Lebron was available, they're too cheap to take on 2 max contracts, cause they might need to go into the luxury tax to fill out the team. And Reinsdorf is allergic to the luxury tax.

Gibson-Melo-Noah-Butler and Rose is a championship starting lineup.
kordian
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#18 » by kordian » Wed Jan 8, 2014 2:07 am

Arsilva wrote:
truthiness wrote:

Gibson-Melo-Noah-Butler and Rose is a championship starting lineup.

Your very close
Mirotic-Melo-Noah-Butler and Rose

Gibson would have to get traded for everything to work financially, dont forget additonal salary to high 1st pick
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#19 » by Temuhjan » Wed Jan 8, 2014 2:15 am

inquisitive wrote:bulls going out on a selling spree it seems now? will gibson and noah be on the list for feb 20th?

Firesale, yes. Gibson and Noah on the list, no. Think about it, if you are rebuilding, you will want good young players, young prospects, draft picks as well as keeping your cornerstone players. Gibson is a young player whereas Noah is a top-5 Center and cornerstone player in his 20s.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#20 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Jan 8, 2014 4:39 am

To New York

To Chicago
GSW 2019 2nd Round Pick

To Golden State

You're delusional.

Return to Wiretap Discussion