J.R. Smith: Communication From My End Is Over

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Re: J.R. Smith: Communication From My End Is Over 

Post#21 » by pkiskool » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Such a mess/horrible team...lol
The moment they lost Linsanity, the Knicks were done.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#22 » by Temuhjan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:45 pm

pkiskool wrote:Such a mess/horrible team...lol

Imagine the Knicks FO gave the Felton money to Linsanity and the JR money to a decent swinger like Arron Affalo or Kevin Martin. Imagine a starting lineup of Lin-Affalo-W.Chandler-Melo-T.Chandler with STAT and Shumpert running the second unit. Get the picture?
PapaSteveeee
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#23 » by PapaSteveeee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 pm

nonameguy wrote:
PrecociousNeoph wrote:
Sam195 wrote:lol, it's like the knicks are tanking for JRs bad behaviour. He is arguably the team's third best player and woodson is an idiot for benching him in games the knicks could easily win if he got a few minutes. If he played in tonight's charlotte game, the knicks would have won. JR is not going to change if woodson keeps giving him dnps, cause he is still getting paid. They should suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and he will start behaving when he starts losing game cheques.

more like smith has unapologetically betrayed the unrivaled level of support he was afforded by mike woodson, who has tolerated smith's erratic play more than any other coach he's played under, allowing smith to play through mistakes as long as he was convinced that smith was taking ownership of and learning from said mistakes. the knicks bent over backwards by succumbing to smith's terms of resigning by giving a spot to his brother, who frankly has no business being on an NBA roster. the fact is that this is obviously not in response to any one single incident like the shoe lace untying, which is merely the latest in what is an impressive resume of buffoonery. he was warned multiple times before being fined and had the consequences of further behavior and not growing up clearly communicated to him by woodson on more than one occasion: and yet despite this he continued his juvenility. you would be hard pressed to identify another coach who would have reacted different, let alone one who willing to give smith the level of freedom he enjoyed in the first place. between the loss of last season's veteran presence and the inexplicably inconsistent play so far this season, the last thing this team needs is malcontent and locker room unrest. the league has no shortage of shoot-first guards and smith's production can be largely parceled across the roster. frankly at this point his minutes are better spent given to shumpert, hardaway and when healthy prigioni, who can collectively substitute for smith's scoring and do so without a marathon of callow self-pity. if smith's contribution was harder to replicate, such as if he was pulling down 6 offensive rebounds per game or reliably playing the kind of defense that shumpert does, it would be a different story. should the knicks have tolerated stephon marbury's poisonous presence and perpetual negativity simply because he was the most reliable perimeter scorer on a pathetic team lacking reliable perimeter scoring and featuring a shooting guard who can't shoot (jamal crawford)? if a player is perpetually poking holes into the umbrella during a down pour after being warned several times, you get rid of him. it's a no-brainer. you can DNP him all you want but the team is powerless to intercept smith's effort to nourish public turmoil by peddling his woe-is-me stuff to the press without even having to lace up

I can't tell, are you a troll?

You use a big vocabulary but write like a total baboon..

Lmao WOW!!
Architek9
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Architek9 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Come on, shove out the trade scenarios. It's got to be the reason he didn't play last night.
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#25 » by keyindabox » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Have you watched any games this year? No, obviously not.

JR is the only distraction on this team. You get rid of him, which the Knicks are working on, and it's fine.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#26 » by Dolphin Lips » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:07 pm

keyindabox wrote:

JR is the only distraction on this team. You get rid of him, which the Knicks are working on, and it's fine.

Oh yeah because we went 5-0 without him to start the year and we beat the bobcats last night too... SMH the Knicks need JR what the knicks dont need is Woodson--- he is the one acting like a child, at press conferences not talking about why hes benching him... Either Woodson is mentally handicapped or he has a gun to his head by Dolan and is just following instructions
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#27 » by your boy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:
keyindabox wrote:

Oh yeah because we went 5-0 without him to start the year and we beat the bobcats last night too... SMH the Knicks need JR what the knicks dont need is Woodson--- he is the one acting like a child, at press conferences not talking about why hes benching him... Either Woodson is mentally handicapped or he has a gun to his head by Dolan and is just following instructions

Yeah cause the Knicks have been great while he's playing right? JR Smith is horrible dude, get over it
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,833

Post#28 » by nikster » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:13 pm

your boy wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:
keyindabox wrote:

Yeah cause the Knicks have been great while he's playing right? JR Smith is horrible dude, get over it

JR Smith was a huge part of their success last year
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#29 » by dkjjr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:20 pm

nikster wrote:
your boy wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:

LAST YEAR! He is a one-and-done player, just in the NBA not NCAA. One good season does not make you a star, or even a starter.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#30 » by pkiskool » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:41 pm

keyindabox wrote:

No I have not watched the Knicks play much this year, even though I have league pass, and I used to like Bargs a little.
It's because I think you guys are horrible and not worth my time or the bandwidth.
th1
Senior
And1: 409

Post#31 » by th1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 pm

nonameguy wrote:
Spoiler:
PrecociousNeoph wrote:
Sam195 wrote:lol, it's like the knicks are tanking for JRs bad behaviour. He is arguably the team's third best player and woodson is an idiot for benching him in games the knicks could easily win if he got a few minutes. If he played in tonight's charlotte game, the knicks would have won. JR is not going to change if woodson keeps giving him dnps, cause he is still getting paid. They should suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and he will start behaving when he starts losing game cheques.

more like smith has unapologetically betrayed the unrivaled level of support he was afforded by mike woodson, who has tolerated smith's erratic play more than any other coach he's played under, allowing smith to play through mistakes as long as he was convinced that smith was taking ownership of and learning from said mistakes. the knicks bent over backwards by succumbing to smith's terms of resigning by giving a spot to his brother, who frankly has no business being on an NBA roster. the fact is that this is obviously not in response to any one single incident like the shoe lace untying, which is merely the latest in what is an impressive resume of buffoonery. he was warned multiple times before being fined and had the consequences of further behavior and not growing up clearly communicated to him by woodson on more than one occasion: and yet despite this he continued his juvenility. you would be hard pressed to identify another coach who would have reacted different, let alone one who willing to give smith the level of freedom he enjoyed in the first place. between the loss of last season's veteran presence and the inexplicably inconsistent play so far this season, the last thing this team needs is malcontent and locker room unrest. the league has no shortage of shoot-first guards and smith's production can be largely parceled across the roster. frankly at this point his minutes are better spent given to shumpert, hardaway and when healthy prigioni, who can collectively substitute for smith's scoring and do so without a marathon of callow self-pity. if smith's contribution was harder to replicate, such as if he was pulling down 6 offensive rebounds per game or reliably playing the kind of defense that shumpert does, it would be a different story. should the knicks have tolerated stephon marbury's poisonous presence and perpetual negativity simply because he was the most reliable perimeter scorer on a pathetic team lacking reliable perimeter scoring and featuring a shooting guard who can't shoot (jamal crawford)? if a player is perpetually poking holes into the umbrella during a down pour after being warned several times, you get rid of him. it's a no-brainer. you can DNP him all you want but the team is powerless to intercept smith's effort to nourish public turmoil by peddling his woe-is-me stuff to the press without even having to lace up

I can't tell, are you a troll?

You use a big vocabulary but write like a total baboon..

Is this the best counter argument you could come up with ? :roll:
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#32 » by your boy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:36 pm

nikster wrote:
your boy wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:

Yes last year he had a good season. It was a fluke. He's beyond terrible. Watch him play
Xerxes_Tetra
Junior
And1: 177

Post#33 » by Xerxes_Tetra » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:41 pm

What's the over/under on how many hours before JR tweets after saying "Communication from my end is over."
The Watcher
Senior

Post#34 » by The Watcher » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:58 pm

A great article about Smith by a man who is perhaps the most prolific and well respected NBA journalist on the planet:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-ben ... 12473.html

Worth a read.
The Watcher
Senior

Post#35 » by The Watcher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:06 am

Dolphin Lips wrote:
keyindabox wrote:

I think you are both crazy.

1) JR is not the only distraction on the team, and it's not "fine": the team is crappy and doesn't have a draft pick in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory, and there is an impending threat of 'Melo leaving them high and dry. Both are related, and are certainly a distraction.

2) Woodson is not talking about benching Smith because everyone KNOWS why he's benching him: because he's an unprofessional idiot who doesn't help the team win. Why give the press a sound byte to add more fuel to the fire and give JR a reason to start popping off at the mouth on twitter? He'd simply create a much bigger problem by saying anything at all.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#36 » by Temuhjan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:24 am

Just curious, if you are James Dolan, how much will you give Melo in his new contract this summer?

Just to kick it off, I would play the Linsanity trick: I will tell Melo to go shopping and assure him the team will match, then let whoever the winner is eats it. That way I can begin re-building immediately and cross out a potential rival in the chase for Kevin Love in Summer '15.
bbintheheezy
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#37 » by bbintheheezy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:41 am

Temuhjan wrote:Just curious, if you are James Dolan, how much will you give Melo in his new contract this summer?

Just to kick it off, I would play the Linsanity trick: I will tell Melo to go shopping and assure him the team will match, then let whoever the winner is eats it. That way I can begin re-building immediately and cross out a potential rival in the chase for Kevin Love in Summer '15.

Melo will get a max contract wherever he goes, if he wants one.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,833

Post#38 » by nikster » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:59 pm

your boy wrote:
nikster wrote:
your boy wrote:

Yes last year he had a good season. It was a fluke. He's beyond terrible. Watch him play

You could say the exact same thing about the Knicks as a whole. Last year was just a fluke

Return to Wiretap Discussion