Executives Believe Chris Bosh Most Likely To Leave Heat If Big 3 Breaks Up

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Executives Believe Chris Bosh Most Likely To Leave Heat If Big 3 Breaks Up 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Chad Ford is skeptical of whether the Big 3 of the Miami Heat will remain on the roster heading into the 14-15 season.

"Doubt it," wrote Ford about LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade all remaining with the Heat beyond the current season. "But I'm not sure it will be LeBron that leaves. From what I can gather talking to teams and agents around the league, it's Chris Bosh who is the most likely to leave. LeBron and Wade are so good, I think we all forget what a force Bosh can be. Lots of teams would give him the max and feature him in ways Miami can't. LeBron might leave, but I think the odds are in Miami's favor."

Bosh was previously the franchise player of the Toronto Raptors.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

VC-INJURY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,417

Re: Executives Believe Chris Bosh Most Likely To Leave Heat  

Post#2 » by VC-INJURY » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Whoever tries to turn him into a franchise player again is going to be in for a major disappointment...
Nox_Caelum
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#3 » by Nox_Caelum » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:48 pm

I see him staying in MIA, but becoming a 2nd option on offense, with Wade playing whenever healthy.
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#4 » by Fellow72 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm

VC-INJURY wrote:Whoever tries to turn him into a franchise player again is going to be in for a major disappointment...

Bosh is better now than he ever was and you think he'll be a disappointment? As a franchise player he would put up 26 and 8 a night. Perhaps more since his game has expanded a lot since his toronto days. Put a few working pieces around him and you can build a contender.
VC-INJURY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,417

Post#5 » by VC-INJURY » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Fellow72 wrote:
VC-INJURY wrote:Whoever tries to turn him into a franchise player again is going to be in for a major disappointment...

Bosh is better now than he ever was and you think he'll be a disappointment? As a franchise player he would put up 26 and 8 a night. Perhaps more since his game has expanded a lot since his toronto days. Put a few working pieces around him and you can build a contender.

He's not a leader. CB just wants to help his team out then go sit in his room and play computer games, he doesn't want to be the one responsible for the success/failure of the team.

He always had talent, but he's never had the character of a genuine leader. He's a second fiddle at heart, and he knows it too.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#6 » by JazzMatt13 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:07 pm

I think if they win, Wade will quit while on top, because he can't even play a full season this year. Meaning LeBron will need to leech off some other old talent like Kobe, or Melo, so he can try and get another Championship. Meaning Bosh will be a nobody again, and Miami will just be another team in the east, again.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#7 » by RaptorRed » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Fellow72 wrote:

No. You cannot build a contender around Chris Bosh. The guy is not clutch and is not a leader and is not a good defender. He is also an overrated rebounder. But please feel free to build a team around him , have fun with that.
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#8 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:44 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:I think if they win, Wade will quit while on top, because he can't even play a full season this year. Meaning LeBron will need to leech off some other old talent like Kobe, or Melo, so he can try and get another Championship. Meaning Bosh will be a nobody again, and Miami will just be another team in the east, again.

"Bosh will be a nobody again" is a great comment - considering that he was a major part of their playoff runs, and an all-star caliber player while he was playing for the Raptors (in case you didn't know, that is in Toronto, Ontario - Canada, and yes...that is an NBA team, it seems you don't follow much outside of nationally televised games based on your comment there). While he isn't the superstar caliber player that LeBron/Durant/Kobe are, he is definitely a significant piece of the team.

So before you bash him, or any other player that isn't a franchise star but knows how to play the game - do some research and think through your posts.
SteveNizzy
Junior
And1: 8

Post#9 » by SteveNizzy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:18 pm

bosh is a baller, y'all just buy into that media ****. Def a second option tho
n8sheikh
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#10 » by n8sheikh » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 pm

I think people don't realize how much Bosh's defensive game has improved since he first arrived in Miami. Chris has good off-ball and on-ball defence. If he was a GREAT defender, he would've been a franchise player. Defence is the same reason Dwight Howard was able to carry his team to the finals. No matter how good the opposing team is, you can neutralize their offensive pressure with great defence. Every great player has played phenomenal defence. LeBron James has grown into a great defender, his teams improved likewise. I wud still sign him to a max deal, I know Toronto wouldn't welcome him back but the Raptors are a GREAT fit for Bosh.
T-mac_1_175
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#11 » by T-mac_1_175 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:37 pm

If Houston has that cap space available. I see them making a run at Bosh, perfect fit around Dwight, Harden, Parsons.
Voice_of_Reason
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#12 » by Voice_of_Reason » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:51 pm

It can't believe some of these comments?

Bosh has carried the Heat in multiple games where LeBron, and sometimes Wade hasn't played. Do none of you remember when Miami beat Portland in Portland without LBJ? In the final timeout Bosh asked for the ball, for a 3 to win the game, instead of settling for a 2 to try and tie.

and thats how that went down. He always steps up and plays big games when the team is without a leader.

Game winners v Spurs without LBJ/Wade and that 2OT win v Hawks where he hit a huge 3 to tie at end of regulation
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#13 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:04 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:I think if they win, Wade will quit while on top, because he can't even play a full season this year. Meaning LeBron will need to leech off some other old talent like Kobe, or Melo, so he can try and get another Championship. Meaning Bosh will be a nobody again, and Miami will just be another team in the east, again.

Nah, he doesn't have to leech off of Kobe or Melo. There is guys like K-Love and Kyrie Irving who more than likely won't be with their respective teams in the future and will be looking to play on winning teams.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#14 » by Donnyxc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Why?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
armchairgm
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#15 » by armchairgm » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 pm

-In the Atlantic division, only Philadelphia has room to offer a max contract. Toronto could if they don't pick up the team option on Amir Johnson, but I don't see Masai Ujiri taking that course of action. (2 teams)
-In the Central division, Cleveland has room to offer a max contract, but why give it to Bosh when it's LeBron's hometown? Detroit should have the room to offer a max contract to Bosh, but that leaves Josh Smith stuck at the 3. (2 teams)
-In the South East division, Charlotte, Miami, and Orlando (depending on how they handle team options) can all afford to give Bosh a max contract. (3 teams)
-In the South West division only Dallas has enough cap room to offer a max contract. The Spurs maybe could offer one if Duncan declines his player option for 10 million. (2 teams)
-In the North West division only Utah could afford to pay Bosh what he wants. (1 team)
-In the Pacific Division the Los Angeles Lakers could give Bosh a max contract and the Phoenix Suns could give him the max. (2 teams)

I apologize if I am wrong anywhere, I pulled all the salary numbers from Hoopshype and added in the big contract extensions that I remembered (Favors and Cousins). I count 12 teams who could offer a max contract, and of those 12, there are roughly 6 that don't make sense based on the team's situation.

Things change all the time, but right now if I was Chris Bosh and my best options were Dallas, Phoenix, LAL, Utah, Cleveland, and Miami I would be hard pressed to move north. He has a good thing going in Miami. He could be a part of a very fun (and competitive) Phoenix team. He could be the next star in LA. Or he could return to his hometown of Dallas and play next to Dirk, which would make for a very interesting front court.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up, but based on cap space and team situations I don't see Bosh playing his 2015 home games in a cold environment.
Roseventyfour
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Roseventyfour » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Not sure why everyone is bashing Bosh dude is pretty good. Don't see why a team can't build around him. The last time i checked building teams around Chris Paul, Carmelo, Dwight Howard and Kevin Durant hasn't really panned out to championships either. Just saying.
T-mac_1_175
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#17 » by T-mac_1_175 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Bosh is a Texas native is he not? I'm pretty sure if he doesnt get the max from Miami he would be happy to head to Texas as his next choice? Asik and Lins contracts are up next year. Houston could really be a fit for Bosh but no way LBJ lets him leave. Hes Miamis next important player after LBJ.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,858

Post#18 » by nikster » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Roseventyfour wrote:Not sure why everyone is bashing Bosh dude is pretty good. Don't see why a team can't build around him. The last time i checked building teams around Chris Paul, Carmelo, Dwight Howard and Kevin Durant hasn't really panned out to championships either. Just saying.

But unlike Bosh, those players made it out of the first round...
Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Post#19 » by Arsilva » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 pm

T-mac_1_175 wrote:Bosh is a Texas native is he not? I'm pretty sure if he doesnt get the max from Miami he would be happy to head to Texas as his next choice? Asik and Lins contracts are up next year. Houston could really be a fit for Bosh but no way LBJ lets him leave. Hes Miamis next important player after LBJ.

It would be fascinating to see an all star like Bosh replacing Duncan once he retires. A big three of Parker, Lenard and Bosh could still make a lot of noise.
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#20 » by The Watcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:57 am

nikster wrote:
Roseventyfour wrote:Not sure why everyone is bashing Bosh dude is pretty good. Don't see why a team can't build around him. The last time i checked building teams around Chris Paul, Carmelo, Dwight Howard and Kevin Durant hasn't really panned out to championships either. Just saying.

But unlike Bosh, those players made it out of the first round...

Ummm... Bosh is a 2-time NBA Champion and played in the last 3 NBA Finals. I don't think your argument holds any merit considering his recent history.

Return to Wiretap Discussion