Joakim Noah Believes Bulls Eventually Win Title

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Joakim Noah Believes Bulls Eventually Win Title 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Joakim Noah has had great individual success, making another All-Star Game, despite a trying season in which Derrick Rose was lost to injury and the Chicago Bulls made a financial move in trading away close teammate Luol Deng.

Noah remains optimistic of the Bulls chances of one day winning a title with him and Rose as the core pieces.

‘‘My ultimate goal is to win a championship,’’ he said. ‘‘I believe we’re going to win a championship in Chicago — and I want to win it with Derrick Rose. That’s the ultimate goal, and I’m going to do everything I can to put us in a position to play in those big games. And when our time will come, whenever that is, it’ll be the best party in the world.’’

Noah, Tom Thibodeau and company continue to exceed expectations.

‘‘I think we’re the hardest-working team in the NBA, on the court or off the court. The way we practice. The way we carry ourselves. I’m proud that we have that identity — when you play the Chicago Bulls, we’re crackin’. We’re going to the offensive glass every time. We’re playing defense. We’re the first to the floor. I’m proud to be a part of that.’’

Via Mark Potash/Chicago Sun-Times

donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Re: Joakim Noah Believes Bulls Eventually Win Title 

Post#2 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:55 pm

all I want from noah is to glance at the team and look at who is on the roster and ask himself does he truly think they beating mia, indy, spurs, with a non offensive team. I guess hes talking in the long run like 2 or 3 years from now when mia will be watered down or indy is lost most of its core. they way they spend money is not helping either
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:10 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:all I want from noah is to glance at the team and look at who is on the roster and ask himself does he truly think they beating mia, indy, spurs, with a non offensive team. I guess hes talking in the long run like 2 or 3 years from now when mia will be watered down or indy is lost most of its core. they way they spend money is not helping either

Noah should being talking melo up at all star weekend and saying bro D-rose is a work horse he gonna be a superstar again next season, I'm gonna win defensive player of the year - you come to the bulls and you can win a scoring title and an nba championship. Drose and I are a better supporting cast than what lebron got goin in South Beach.
Mightymosdef
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#4 » by Mightymosdef » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:12 pm

He's right and when/if we win it'd be a bigger deal than if any other team won.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 am

Mightymosdef wrote:He's right and when/if we win it'd be a bigger deal than if any other team won.

lol, if the bull won it wouldn't be as big a deal - they've won multiple times before and have a former mvp on their roster. The teams where it would be a big deal to a global scale if the won would be knicks, nets or clippers. NY hasn't won't an nba championship since 1973 and the nets are now on ny real estate so if thy win - the city would also go crazy. If the clippers won, la sports fans would start switching allegiances from the historic lakers franchise. But out of the four teams discussed, bull likely will be the first to win a title. But GM Gar Forman is an idiot so I don't see that happening any time soon.
Mightymosdef
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#6 » by Mightymosdef » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:53 am

Sam195 wrote:
Mightymosdef wrote:He's right and when/if we win it'd be a bigger deal than if any other team won.

lol, if the bull won it wouldn't be as big a deal - they've won multiple times before and have a former mvp on their roster. The teams where it would be a big deal to a global scale if the won would be knicks, nets or clippers. NY hasn't won't an nba championship since 1973 and the nets are now on ny real estate so if thy win - the city would also go crazy. If the clippers won, la sports fans would start switching allegiances from the historic lakers franchise. But out of the four teams discussed, bull likely will be the first to win a title. But GM Gar Forman is an idiot so I don't see that happening any time soon.

LOL what?! On a global scale? Only team that rivals the Bulls in global support are the Lakers.

Clippers really? And believe it or not NY no longer is the global darling it once used to be.
mauromartins
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#7 » by mauromartins » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:27 am

Here in Brazil, only Lakers has a comparable fanbase. Bulls are the most reconigzed NBA brand around the world.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#8 » by King4Day » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:23 am

Why is it news when a player thinks his team will win a title? I bet if you interviewed anyone on that team they'd say the same thing. That'd give us 13-15 articles for our reading pleasure!!
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,504

Post#9 » by HornetJail » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:23 am

DarkHawk wrote:Why is it news when a player thinks his team will win a title? I bet if you interviewed anyone on that team they'd say the same thing. That'd give us 13-15 articles for our reading pleasure!!

Exactly. I bet someone like Monta Ellis or Damian Lillard might say the same thing Noah said.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,022

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Mightymosdef wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

LOL what?! On a global scale? Only team that rivals the Bulls in global support are the Lakers.

Clippers really? And believe it or not NY no longer is the global darling it once used to be.

This is based on?
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#11 » by ybnd » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm

mauromartins wrote:Here in Brazil, only Lakers has a comparable fanbase. Bulls are the most reconigzed NBA brand around the world.

Thank MJ for that
samjones
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#12 » by samjones » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Bring MJ back
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#13 » by Fellow72 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 pm

LoL, Noah is never winning a title with Rose and the roster they have. None of the roster's they have had in the past 4 years were even legitimate contenders. They were just another overhyped underdog team that never lived up to their expectations in the playoffs. Not to mention Rose is overrated. People talk about him like he is the Iverson of this era lol. He's good but even when he plays like he did in his MVP season he still doesn't have enough in the tank to actually take bulls to a championship. Their poor performances against miami in the playoffs say enough. They first need a replacement for deng, which even then wouldn't be enough. Plus he also needs an additional star at the wing. It doesn't have to be a superstar obviously but it will have to be the next best thing. Only then would they be a legit top 3-4 team.

On top of all that, rose may never live up to his potential due to his injuries. We saw how he struggled after sitting out a year and training for the next season for nearly 5 months after completing rehab. We'll at most see one or 2 of those MVP season stats and that will most likely be his peak.
datmi
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#14 » by datmi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Fellow72 wrote:LoL, Noah is never winning a title with Rose and the roster they have. None of the roster's they have had in the past 4 years were even legitimate contenders. They were just another overhyped underdog team that never lived up to their expectations in the playoffs. Not to mention Rose is overrated. People talk about him like he is the Iverson of this era lol. He's good but even when he plays like he did in his MVP season he still doesn't have enough in the tank to actually take bulls to a championship. Their poor performances against miami in the playoffs say enough. They first need a replacement for deng, which even then wouldn't be enough. Plus he also needs an additional star at the wing. It doesn't have to be a superstar obviously but it will have to be the next best thing. Only then would they be a legit top 3-4 team.

On top of all that, rose may never live up to his potential due to his injuries. We saw how he struggled after sitting out a year and training for the next season for nearly 5 months after completing rehab. We'll at most see one or 2 of those MVP season stats and that will most likely be his peak.

Big facepalm!

Obviously they will not win a ring with their current roster in 1000 years. But add Melo and some ring chasers, there you have a contender with healthy D-Rose. About D-Rose being overrated: LMAO! You say like D-Rose is scrub because he could not beat a loaded Miami with 3 Superstars (one being the best player in the league). He is not Jesus, he cannot operate any miracles, like LBJ could not do it by himself in Cleveland. Saying D-Rose is overrated, your intelligence is beyond questionable. When healthy he was top 2 guard (behind CP3 of course).

He is 25 years old, might not even reached his prime yet. He is young, we are no doctor to predict whether he will remain crippled or not. Unfortunately we will have to wait another season to find out.
Vash wrote:Lebron is way better than Jordan. Put Scottie next to Patrick Ewing, Ewing wins 8 titles....sorry that's true. MJ scored points and????

greenhughes wrote:Noah is good but he ain't a star.
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#15 » by Fellow72 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:49 pm

datmi wrote:
Big facepalm!

Obviously they will not win a ring with their current roster in 1000 years. But add Melo and some ring chasers, there you have a contender with healthy D-Rose. About D-Rose being overrated: LMAO! You say like D-Rose is scrub because he could not beat a loaded Miami with 3 Superstars (one being the best player in the league). He is not Jesus, he cannot operate any miracles, like LBJ could not do it by himself in Cleveland. Saying D-Rose is overrated, your intelligence is beyond questionable. When healthy he was top 2 guard (behind CP3 of course).

He is 25 years old, might not even reached his prime yet. He is young, we are no doctor to predict whether he will remain crippled or not. Unfortunately we will have to wait another season to find out.

Whenever Bulls faced Miami in the playoffs, it wasn't just rose. He had Deng, Boozer, and Noah. All who were good players at the time and made a good roster. You think if lebron had those players his team would have performed so badly in the playoffs? Not a chance, so clearly your analogy is faulty.

He's overrated because 1, lebron got snubbed that year for MVP due to voter fatigue. He clearly had better stats and both teams had similar records but Rose was voted in because he improved so much and got better a lot quicker than people anticipated.

My second reason is because he only played at that level once. The amount of If statements we've heard with the name "Derrick Rose" since has been far too high. One good season associated with poor playoff performances isn't enough and leaves him questionable.

I was a rose fan from the beginning, still am. I just think the amount of praise he receives is premature. He is treated like a superstar when he only put up superstar numbers once. We all know how many times we've seen players put up those numbers and fall off the radar after. Until he can make a repeat performance I will stand by my statement. People talk about rose as if he's performed at that level 2-3 times already. He's a partially proven superstar at best, but not a legitimate superstar yet...

Return to Wiretap Discussion