Andre Miller Has No Interest In Returning To Nuggets' Lineup

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Andre Miller Has No Interest In Returning To Nuggets' Lineup 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Andre Miller has no desire to return to the Denver Nuggets.

The Nuggets were attempting to bring Miller back to the team after more than a month in which they were unsuccessful in trading him away.

"The vibe is delusional," the source said. "It's a burned bridge. No reconciliation. He's waiting by the door with his bag already packed. The relationship is irreparable. Under no circumstances does he want to come back to Denver.

"Andre hasn't spoken about the situation. He's being quiet out of goodwill."

Miller has been working out daily at the Nuggets' practice facility, but mostly at night away from the team.

Brian Shaw also has no interest in bringing Miller back.

Miller's camp hopes the Nuggets can still find a suitable trade before the deadline.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,834

Re: Andre Miller Has No Interest In Returning To Nuggets' Li 

Post#2 » by nikster » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:54 pm

why hasnt he been traded by now
Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#3 » by Slim_Charles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:02 pm

nikster wrote:why hasnt he been traded by now

Because the ownership of the Nuggets suck
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#4 » by CHAMPi0N » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:10 pm

This has been mishandled from the start... If the coach and the veteran can't get along, then the veteran can't really provide any substance for the younger players...

Andre Miller is a quality player that can provide a lot of knowledge and leadership to any team, and if Denver doesn't want him to play, then trade him! 29 other teams would gladly take him.
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 938

Post#5 » by rapluva » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:19 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:This has been mishandled from the start... If the coach and the veteran can't get along, then the veteran can't really provide any substance for the younger players...

Andre Miller is a quality player that can provide a lot of knowledge and leadership to any team, and if Denver doesn't want him to play, then trade him! 29 other teams would gladly take him.

Easily said than done... there are other reasons why he's not traded...

His contract is partially guaranteed next season, which means if he gets traded to a team that wants cap relief, that works.. but if he gets traded to a playoff team .. his services will come handy and his cap relief will be an additional bonus to that team.. Denver just doesn't want to give him away for a bag of peanuts, that's probably what they are getting from the other GMs out there. Maybe they wait till the deadline when some team gets desperate or just let him rot on the bench and try it again at the beginning of next season.. it's not like Miller is helping the team now, they are doing without him and seem to be going ahead in that direction, so if are going to eventually give him up for a bag of peanuts, wait it out..

Would love to do a Grevias Vasquez for Andre miller trade.. but to make things work, how about throw in Amir Johnson for Faried as well... (never will happen, but I think it helps both teams right now).
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#6 » by ybnd » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:59 pm

good for andre
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,196

Post#7 » by kenwood3333 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:12 pm

He is under contract and can just do that. Does the Nuggets has any obligation to pay him?
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#8 » by br7knicks » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:12 pm

knicks desperately need a PG with an IQ over 40.

i hear felton/jr smith are dying to get back to denver. i also hear bargs and amare want to go to denver as well.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#9 » by PDX_DL0 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:52 pm

br7knicks wrote:knicks desperately need a PG with an IQ over 40.

i hear felton/jr smith are dying to get back to denver. i also hear bargs and amare want to go to denver as well.

If what you're saying is true, that's wonderful news for NY! You dump fatty Felton, the Blackhole 2.0, and/or two of the worst contracts in the league. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. NY is gonna have to give up something for this cap relief but it would be worth it if it can free up space. It's a shame NY is so cheap when they shouldn't be
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:53 pm

PDX_DL0 wrote:

If what you're saying is true, that's wonderful news for NY! You dump fatty Felton, the Blackhole 2.0, and/or two of the worst contracts in the league. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. NY is gonna have to give up something for this cap relief but it would be worth it if it can free up space. It's a shame NY is so cheap when they shouldn't be

lol i love your enthusiasm, but the second part of my statement was tongue-in-cheek. i wish a team would take amare, bargs, felton, and JR.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Lakers4Life310
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#11 » by Lakers4Life310 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm

I dont blame my Niiiiig*a Andre. This is all on the Nuggets. You tell him stay home and we're gonna trade you then all of a sudden you want him to play. Make up your **** mind.Trade him. Yall need a PG so badly since lawson went down. Andre is still a solid PG.
Bryan Colangelo
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Post#12 » by Bryan Colangelo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:41 pm

nikster wrote:why hasnt he been traded by now

They don't have Masai anymore.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,724

Post#13 » by the_process » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Felton and Shumpert and 2018 lotto protected for Faried and Hamilton and Miller
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#14 » by CHAMPi0N » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:24 pm

rapluva wrote:
CHAMPi0N wrote:This has been mishandled from the start... If the coach and the veteran can't get along, then the veteran can't really provide any substance for the younger players...

Easily said than done... there are other reasons why he's not traded...

His contract is partially guaranteed next season, which means if he gets traded to a team that wants cap relief, that works.. but if he gets traded to a playoff team .. his services will come handy and his cap relief will be an additional bonus to that team.. Denver just doesn't want to give him away for a bag of peanuts, that's probably what they are getting from the other GMs out there. Maybe they wait till the deadline when some team gets desperate or just let him rot on the bench and try it again at the beginning of next season.. it's not like Miller is helping the team now, they are doing without him and seem to be going ahead in that direction, so if are going to eventually give him up for a bag of peanuts, wait it out..

Would love to do a Grevias Vasquez for Andre miller trade.. but to make things work, how about throw in Amir Johnson for Faried as well... (never will happen, but I think it helps both teams right now).

I would do that trade if I was Ujiri
LA Scissors
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#15 » by LA Scissors » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Lakers4Life310 wrote:I dont blame my Niiiiig*a Andre. This is all on the Nuggets. You tell him stay home and we're gonna trade you then all of a sudden you want him to play. Make up your **** mind.Trade him. Yall need a PG so badly since lawson went down. Andre is still a solid PG.

I feel ya brother.
decu21
Banned User
And1: 315

Post#16 » by decu21 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 am

smith definitely wanna go back to denver, they have much more to offer ;)
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#17 » by Temuhjan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:47 am

As much as I would like to see the Professor playing in MSG, the matter of fact is Denver is doing poorly on both ends of the floor and have a slim chance of making the Finals this Season. Against this background, Tim Connelly should blow it up and tank hard. Everyone not named Lawson and Faried should be on the block.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#18 » by God Squad » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:10 pm

No one wants the Knicks assests.
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#19 » by PDX_DL0 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:54 pm

br7knicks wrote:
PDX_DL0 wrote:

lol i love your enthusiasm, but the second part of my statement was tongue-in-cheek. i wish a team would take amare, bargs, felton, and JR.

Hahah thanks, its all about that positive thinking bro. I'm excited for the trade deadline, gluck. If you need to cheer up just look at the 8 previous years for my team. Can't get much worse lol
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#20 » by pickaxe » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 am

Denver Nuggets management are coming to be known as Napolean's Ghost.

Take the territory by storm and burn each bridge as you go. Make as many enemies as you can that once traded or signed elsewhere invite all that heat back on your team.

Why do business with class?

Team was so fortunate to make out like it did post-Melo. Obtained and maintained assets so well.

Then the ones that wanted Melo gone so bad that they had to boo him out of the city don't have a damn thing to say now that the team is falling apart over far pettier things. Brilliant, Denver!

put the ball in the basket like this

Return to Wiretap Discussion