LeBron: Free Agency Speculation Easier This Season Than 2010

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron: Free Agency Speculation Easier This Season Than 2010 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:36 pm

LeBron James will likely become a free agent this offseason, but the experience has been easier than the 09-10 season when he was with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James has won two titles with the Miami Heat and the team is hoping to threepeat.

“It’s easier,” James said. “I’ve already addressed it and that’s it. I have a lot of things that I’m more concerned about than free agency this season.”

There have been far fewer rumors involving James this season as the two franchises believed to be in the best position to lure James away from Miami, the Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers, have struggled this season and are no longer consider viable.

“(LeBron) understands,” Dwyane Wade said. “He’s been in this position before. He understands that what he says is highly-documented, very highly documented. He’s very careful about what he says now.”

The free agency question hasn't been raised much to Erik Spoelstra.

“I haven’t even thought about it,” replied Spoelstra, taken aback by the question on James' future.

“We understand what this team is built for and it’s for now,” Spoelstra said. “That’s the only thing that matters. We’ve dealt with enough of all the outside story lines to realize the now is the most precious time and it’s also a fragile time.”

“We don’t make it an issue and I think that’s been a huge part of it,” Chris Bosh said. “We’ve seen this book before. The second time you read it, you’ve kind of seen it all. You’ve been in that situation before. We’re trying to win a championship and that’s going to take everything that we can possibly give. We know that we have to take care of business. That’s what’s important, not free agency.”

Via Shandel Richardson/Sun Sentinel

BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Re: LeBron: Free Agency Speculation Easier This Season Than  

Post#2 » by BloodyNose » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:48 pm

You can see the maturation process before your eyes
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#3 » by 15th overall » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Loyalty's no longer something he's associated with, so of course it'll be easier this time around. Hopefully he'll ease up on the self promotion this time, for everyone's sake.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:04 pm

I hate how people ignore the rockets as a viable free agent destination for lebron. Harden and Howard are way better players than bosh and wade, they are also younger. Morey can easily move the asik and lin expiring deals in salary dump trades for second round picks like they were offered this trade deadline by many teams. They can even send both to the heat in a sign and trade to offer lebron the max deal he wants as well. Morey definitely has the idea of poaching either lebron/bosh from the heat to form his own big 3. Houston is a bigger market than miami with decent weather and there are no state taxes in texas like florida. Lebron like Dwight also has a relationship with Hakeem Olajuwon who worked with him on his post game each offseason prior to his championship seasons after he lost in the 2011 finals.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#5 » by NBADraft2003 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 pm

Sam195 wrote:I hate how people ignore the rockets as a viable free agent destination for lebron. Harden and Howard are way better players than bosh and wade, they are also younger. Morey can easily move the asik and lin expiring deals in salary dump trades for second round picks like they were offered this trade deadline by many teams. They can even send both to the heat in a sign and trade to offer lebron the max deal he wants as well. Morey definitely has the idea of poaching either lebron/bosh from the heat to form his own big 3. Houston is a bigger market than miami with decent weather and there are no state taxes in texas like florida. Lebron like Dwight also has a relationship with Hakeem Olajuwon who worked with him on his post game each offseason prior to his championship seasons after he lost in the 2011 finals.

Houston isn't even a close destination for LeBron. Harden is definitely not better than Wade, gtfoh here with that. Bosh is a WAY better jump shooter than Dwight, which makes is easier for everybody. If you honestly think someone would take on Lin and Omer's deal just like that, you're fooling yourself. Those teams will demand incentives to take $30 million on their books. I lol'd at Houston being a bigger market than Miami and LeBron doesn't care about a max deal, he cares about winning championships which he has 2 of the last 3 years with an organization he LOVES. You have no clue what you're talking about...
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#6 » by artsncrafts » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 pm

I swear if he holds a press conference for ANYTHING I am going to smack a B___H
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#7 » by ybnd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:13 am

15th overall wrote:Loyalty's no longer something he's associated with, so of course it'll be easier this time around. Hopefully he'll ease up on the self promotion this time, for everyone's sake.

You can only be loyal to someone who is starving you for so long
goating
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#8 » by goating » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:51 am

Every year he could win a ring. it makes it a lot easier if he could sign multiple 1 year deals on multiple teams with great supporting cast for him and the league is stacked with this. it actually makes it a lot tougher every time you win with the same team. 4peat is quite unheard of and the heat or any team in history had lapses. but i'm comfty about cp3 being that next 2 option.
Alex I Be
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#9 » by Alex I Be » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 am

Sam195 wrote:I hate how people ignore the rockets as a viable free agent destination for lebron. Harden and Howard are way better players than bosh and wade, they are also younger. Morey can easily move the asik and lin expiring deals in salary dump trades for second round picks like they were offered this trade deadline by many teams. They can even send both to the heat in a sign and trade to offer lebron the max deal he wants as well. Morey definitely has the idea of poaching either lebron/bosh from the heat to form his own big 3. Houston is a bigger market than miami with decent weather and there are no state taxes in texas like florida. Lebron like Dwight also has a relationship with Hakeem Olajuwon who worked with him on his post game each offseason prior to his championship seasons after he lost in the 2011 finals.

I agree with u Patna....Lebron be a fool to not sign with Houston. No other team has the pieces set up better to win like Houston does. Harden right now is better than Wade. Wade is done as a superstar. And im not even worried about Bosch. Rockets got Terrance Jones with high potential and way cheaper contract. If LeBron wants to win championships, he'd go to Houston. That'd be a dynasty. Same goes for Durant coming to Houston. ALL YOU JEALOUS PUNKS CANT STOP OUR DUNKS!
kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#10 » by kobe48306 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:30 am

“(LeBron) understands,” Dwyane Wade said. “He’s been in this position before. He understands that what he says is highly-documented, very highly documented. He’s very careful about what he says now.”
You sure wouldn't know it by all the crap that comes out of his mouth.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#11 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 am

Alex I Be wrote:

I agree with u Patna....Lebron be a fool to not sign with Houston. No other team has the pieces set up better to win like Houston does. Harden right now is better than Wade. Wade is done as a superstar. And im not even worried about Bosch. Rockets got Terrance Jones with high potential and way cheaper contract. If LeBron wants to win championships, he'd go to Houston. That'd be a dynasty. Same goes for Durant coming to Houston. ALL YOU JEALOUS PUNKS CANT STOP OUR DUNKS!

Durant to HOU? SIKE! Lol.
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#12 » by Flight33 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:00 am

I think he was giving serious consideration to resigning with the Cavs, but he sees what a mess they still are so he's most likely going to stay in Miami.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#13 » by your boy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:43 am

Alex I Be wrote:

He's already part of a dynasty. The Rockets aren't winning a championship anytime soon.
DontHateMiami
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#14 » by DontHateMiami » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:44 am

ybnd wrote:
15th overall wrote:Loyalty's no longer something he's associated with, so of course it'll be easier this time around. Hopefully he'll ease up on the self promotion this time, for everyone's sake.

You can only be loyal to someone who is starving you for so long

Exactly... Gilbert was basically treating him like a slave and then expected him to not bite back.
BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Post#15 » by BloodyNose » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:52 am

Well, it is easier to stay in Miami than it is to abandon the crazy cleveland fans (not all of them, just the crazy ones)
Alex I Be
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#16 » by Alex I Be » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:08 am

Your boy dufus, would u rather sign with grandpa legs wade and soft DynoBosh, or rising star Harden and one of the best centers in the league?? He might be in a dynasty now, but not for long. Her definitely continue his legacy of championships with Houston. And Durant is gone as soon as he realizes how cheap OKC is, and when Westbrook bolts in free agency. If they wanna win, Houston is the place. If they care about popularity, then I could care less if they sign with L.A, Miami, Bos, or NY but I doubt they'll have anything of value on those rosters when the time comes. Dwight Howard made the right choice in the offseason.
mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#17 » by mjw9191 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:22 am

NBADraft2003 wrote:

Houston isn't even a close destination for LeBron. Harden is definitely not better than Wade, gtfoh here with that. Bosh is a WAY better jump shooter than Dwight, which makes is easier for everybody. If you honestly think someone would take on Lin and Omer's deal just like that, you're fooling yourself. Those teams will demand incentives to take $30 million on their books. I lol'd at Houston being a bigger market than Miami and LeBron doesn't care about a max deal, he cares about winning championships which he has 2 of the last 3 years with an organization he LOVES. You have no clue what you're talking about...

Wade barely even plays these days. The argument can certainly be made that either is better than the other, but Wade has already seen his best days and is certainly not getting any better or healthier. Going forward, Harden has the chance to be the best SG in the NBA for many years. Dwight is a better and younger player than Bosh, but they clearly both impact game in different ways. While I agree that dumping Lin's and Omer's contracts will not be easy, it's certainly doable. Miami is not an exceptional market either, it's just nice weather. LeBron does not need to improve his marketing; if anything, a switch to Houston will only increase his market potential. Both places have nice weather and a nice night life, but to say that Miami is so much better than Houston is just not true. If LeBron cares about winning championships, he'll test the waters of the entire league, not just Cleveland, Los Angeles and Miami.
aquaadverse
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#18 » by aquaadverse » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:25 am

Alex I Be wrote:Your boy dufus, would u rather sign with grandpa legs wade and soft DynoBosh, or rising star Harden and one of the best centers in the league?? He might be in a dynasty now, but not for long. Her definitely continue his legacy of championships with Houston. And Durant is gone as soon as he realizes how cheap OKC is, and when Westbrook bolts in free agency. If they wanna win, Houston is the place. If they care about popularity, then I could care less if they sign with L.A, Miami, Bos, or NY but I doubt they'll have anything of value on those rosters when the time comes. Dwight Howard made the right choice in the offseason.

LOL. The jackup record number of threes, play no defense Rockets ? HAAAAAAAHAAAA.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#19 » by NBADraft2003 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:40 am

mjw9191 wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:

Wade barely even plays these days. The argument can certainly be made that either is better than the other, but Wade has already seen his best days and is certainly not getting any better or healthier. Going forward, Harden has the chance to be the best SG in the NBA for many years. Dwight is a better and younger player than Bosh, but they clearly both impact game in different ways. While I agree that dumping Lin's and Omer's contracts will not be easy, it's certainly doable. Miami is not an exceptional market either, it's just nice weather. LeBron does not need to improve his marketing; if anything, a switch to Houston will only increase his market potential. Both places have nice weather and a nice night life, but to say that Miami is so much better than Houston is just not true. If LeBron cares about winning championships, he'll test the waters of the entire league, not just Cleveland, Los Angeles and Miami.

What are you talking about? Wade rarely plays? I can tell you don't watch Miami, the only time we sit Wade out is when they decide that he needs the rest. Harden has that chance to be the best SG but not until he starts playing some defense and don't act like Dwight is significantly younger than Bosh who'll be 30 in March and Dwight is 28. You tell me when a team decides to take on both Lin and Asik and pigs will start flying out of my ass. Miami is just nice weather? Bet you never been to Miami. LeBron already said that he wants to stay in Miami and he loves it here, said it on numerous occasions. If Miami and Houston was in the Final right now, Miami would mop the floor with them.
mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#20 » by mjw9191 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:09 am

NBADraft2003 wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:Houston isn't even a close destination for LeBron. Harden is definitely not better than Wade, gtfoh here with that. Bosh is a WAY better jump shooter than Dwight, which makes is easier for everybody. If you honestly think someone would take on Lin and Omer's deal just like that, you're fooling yourself. Those teams will demand incentives to take $30 million on their books. I lol'd at Houston being a bigger market than Miami and LeBron doesn't care about a max deal, he cares about winning championships which he has 2 of the last 3 years with an organization he LOVES. You have no clue what you're talking about...

What are you talking about? Wade rarely plays? I can tell you don't watch Miami, the only time we sit Wade out is when they decide that he needs the rest. Harden has that chance to be the best SG but not until he starts playing some defense and don't act like Dwight is significantly younger than Bosh who'll be 30 in March and Dwight is 28. You tell me when a team decides to take on both Lin and Asik and pigs will start flying out of my ass. Miami is just nice weather? Bet you never been to Miami. LeBron already said that he wants to stay in Miami and he loves it here, said it on numerous occasions. If Miami and Houston was in the Final right now, Miami would mop the floor with them.

They don't need to trade both those players to the same team you idiot. LeBron said on numerous occasions he wanted to stay in Cleveland and even went so far as to say he wouldn't leave til he wins a championship. I've been to Miami, and I've been to Houston. You are just some delusional nuthugging bandwagoner

Return to Wiretap Discussion