Nets Expected To Sign Jason Collins For Remainder Of Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nets Expected To Sign Jason Collins For Remainder Of Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:16 pm

The Brooklyn Nets are "all but certain" to sign Jason Collins to a contract for the remainder of the season.

Collins' first 10-day contract expires early next week.

Collins began the fourth quarter on Wednesday and played just over seven minutes.

Via Tim Bontemps/New York Post

Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Re: Nets Expected To Sign Jason Collins For Remainder Of Sea 

Post#2 » by Forte IV » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Those jersey sales though
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#3 » by RickB-Orlando » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:22 pm

I find it awfully hard to believe there isn't a young guy in the D-League with a bit more potential that couldn't contribute 1 Point and 1 Rebound per game every nine minutes.

I admire the guy for coming out of the closet, but he's 35 and has been marginal at best for the past five years. This feels like a PR decision, not a basketball decision.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#4 » by CHAMPi0N » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 pm

SuperNova854 wrote:Those jersey sales though

keep gettin them checks Brooklyn lol
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#5 » by Rhythm043 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Man, must be getting old. When did it become cool to add the word "though" to the very end of every sentence. Is this a new fad among the youngsters?

Actually, for like a year or two now. But they'll post a status or something saying "Going to the store tho" where the word is completely irrelevant and unnecessary but they put it there anyways because I guess they think they're all cool and hip for saying it. It just makes me want to go find a cinder block and bash it against my head a hundred times.

On rare occasions, it makes sense. I'm mostly talking about the other 97% of instances where it doesn't, though (<<< another correct usage of it).
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:28 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:I find it awfully hard to believe there isn't a young guy in the D-League with a bit more potential that couldn't contribute 1 Point and 1 Rebound per game every nine minutes.

I admire the guy for coming out of the closet, but he's 35 and has been marginal at best for the past five years. This feels like a PR decision, not a basketball decision.

Feel the same way, plus he was part of that Nets finals run a few years ago with VC, JKidd and Jefferson so some symbolic value maybe? Unless they think he will somehow match-up with Hibbert in the playoffs as a big body if they face them in the post season
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#7 » by RickB-Orlando » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Rhythm043 wrote:On rare occasions, it makes sense. I'm mostly talking about the other 97% of instances where it doesn't, though (<<< another correct usage of it).

My guess is it is much, much higher than 97%; I could be wrong, though.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#8 » by thegreenlife » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Rhythm043 wrote:Man, must be getting old. When did it become cool to add the word "though" to the very end of every sentence. Is this a new fad among the youngsters?

Actually, for like a year or two now. But they'll post a status or something saying "Going to the store tho" where the word is completely irrelevant and unnecessary but they put it there anyways because I guess they think they're all cool and hip for saying it. It just makes me want to go find a cinder block and bash it against my head a hundred times.

On rare occasions, it makes sense. I'm mostly talking about the other 97% of instances where it doesn't, though (<<< another correct usage of it).

Dat ass doe
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#9 » by Rhythm043 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:41 am

RickB-Orlando wrote:
Rhythm043 wrote:On rare occasions, it makes sense. I'm mostly talking about the other 97% of instances where it doesn't, though (<<< another correct usage of it).

My guess is it is much, much higher than 97%; I could be wrong, though.

Lol
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014

Return to Wiretap Discussion