Kevin Jones Leaves D-League To Sign In Phillippines

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Jones Leaves D-League To Sign In Phillippines 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 6, 2014 4:35 pm

Kevin Jones will sign with San Miguel Beermen in the Philippines for the remainder of the season, a league source tells RealGM.

Jones was playing for the Canton Charge of the D-League, averaging 16.9 points and 8.0 rebounds in 30.5 minutes per game.

Jones appeared in 32 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 12-13 season.

Via Shams Charania

TV63
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Kevin Jones Leaves D-League To Sign In Phillippines 

Post#2 » by TV63 » Thu Mar 6, 2014 7:31 pm

He's a victim of Mike Brown hating on the D-league. Cavs have had injuries where they could have used him. Brown is so behind the times of player development ; he just put the Canton Charge years back. Wish Kevin Jones all the luck. He's a good player just didn't get a fair shake this season.
IMHO
Junior
And1: 24

Post#3 » by IMHO » Fri Mar 7, 2014 12:29 pm

TV63 wrote:He's a victim of Mike Brown hating on the D-league. Cavs have had injuries where they could have used him. Brown is so behind the times of player development ; he just put the Canton Charge years back. Wish Kevin Jones all the luck. He's a good player just didn't get a fair shake this season.

I dislike Mike Brown as much as the next guy but you're just hating with that one, the guy didn't even play on mike brown's team, he was drafted to Byron.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#4 » by CHAMPi0N » Fri Mar 7, 2014 3:01 pm

IMHO wrote:
TV63 wrote:He's a victim of Mike Brown hating on the D-league. Cavs have had injuries where they could have used him. Brown is so behind the times of player development ; he just put the Canton Charge years back. Wish Kevin Jones all the luck. He's a good player just didn't get a fair shake this season.

I dislike Mike Brown as much as the next guy but you're just hating with that one, the guy didn't even play on mike brown's team, he was drafted to Byron.

lol Cleveland is always looking for the NEXT 10-day contract to sign. Which usually leads to a "signing for the remainder of the season"

Christian Eyenga (traded, cut)
Carrick Felix
Alonzo Gee (wow he's still on ANY team)
Henry Sims
Matthew Dellavadova
Kevin Jones (already forgotten by most non-Cavs fans like myself)
Boobie Gibson
Arinze Onuaku

This is just a short list of guys off the top of my head... But my point isn't that these players are bad... They were serviceable I guess. But the franchise's lethal cycle of short-term signings designed to help the team tank have led to their current state. They lucked out with LBJ and now Kyrie, but what's the point of continuing to tank if nobody can develop the talent you acquire?

Bennett still has a lot to prove if he's given the damn minutes, and Brown is just a questionable hiring. The decision to keep Brown must have come when they chose to cut then-GM Grant... If they let Brown go too, it looks like they're "calling it a season" so I guess Dan Gilbert chose not to go that route... Even though they've been calling it a wrap since the season tipped off. For years...
IMHO
Junior
And1: 24

Post#5 » by IMHO » Fri Mar 7, 2014 11:26 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:
IMHO wrote:

lol Cleveland is always looking for the NEXT 10-day contract to sign. Which usually leads to a "signing for the remainder of the season"

Christian Eyenga (traded, cut)
Carrick Felix
Alonzo Gee (wow he's still on ANY team)
Henry Sims
Matthew Dellavadova
Kevin Jones (already forgotten by most non-Cavs fans like myself)
Boobie Gibson
Arinze Onuaku

This is just a short list of guys off the top of my head... But my point isn't that these players are bad... They were serviceable I guess. But the franchise's lethal cycle of short-term signings designed to help the team tank have led to their current state. They lucked out with LBJ and now Kyrie, but what's the point of continuing to tank if nobody can develop the talent you acquire?

Bennett still has a lot to prove if he's given the damn minutes, and Brown is just a questionable hiring. The decision to keep Brown must have come when they chose to cut then-GM Grant... If they let Brown go too, it looks like they're "calling it a season" so I guess Dan Gilbert chose not to go that route... Even though they've been calling it a wrap since the season tipped off. For years...

dude what are you talking about?

I just said Kevin Jones isn't NBA caliber player, lol.

Return to Wiretap Discussion