Tony Parker To Become Majority Owner, President Of ASVEL

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Tony Parker To Become Majority Owner, President Of ASVEL 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Tony Parker has become the majority shareholder of ASVEL of the French league.

Parker had served as the team's Vice President of Basketball Operations.

“I decided to buy the whole club. Now I’m the majority shareholder and from the end of May I will be president of the Asvel," said Parker.

“I started to have a real history with this club, I am involved in the City of Lyon, with my foundation, my basketball camps. I told myself that if I wanted to apply my vision, my philosophy, inspire me that I know the Spurs to only one benefits Asvel up there I had to be president to impose it all.”

Via Jeff Garcia/Project Spurs

mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Re: Tony Parker To Become Majority Owner, President Of ASVEL 

Post#2 » by mjw9191 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:57 pm

I told myself that if I wanted to apply my vision, my philosophy, inspire me that I know the Spurs to only one benefits Asvel up there I had to be president to impose it all.”

Wtf language is this?
Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#3 » by Airmax3D » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm

mjw9191 wrote:I told myself that if I wanted to apply my vision, my philosophy, inspire me that I know the Spurs to only one benefits Asvel up there I had to be president to impose it all.”

Wtf language is this?

Well I guess the journalist who wrote this article couldn't quite well translate French into English. Just a google translate fail...
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#4 » by jlokine » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:54 pm

mjw9191 wrote:I told myself that if I wanted to apply my vision, my philosophy, inspire me that I know the Spurs to only one benefits Asvel up there I had to be president to impose it all.”

Wtf language is this?

good to know it wasn't just me.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#5 » by pylb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 pm

J’ai commencé à avoir une vraie histoire avec ce club, je me suis impliqué dans la Ville de Lyon, avec ma fondation, mes camps de basket. Je me suis dit que si je voulais appliquer ma vision, ma philosophie, m’inspirer de ce que je connais aux Spurs pour qu’à l’Asvel on en profite un maximum, il fallait que je sois président pour imposer tout ça.

I started to really be a part of this club, I got involved with the city of Lyon, with my foundation, my bball camps. I told myself that if I wanted to apply my vision, my philosphy, use what I learned with the Spurs to really benefit ASVEL, I needed to be president to impose all that.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,834

Post#6 » by nikster » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:51 pm

pylb wrote:
J’ai commencé à avoir une vraie histoire avec ce club, je me suis impliqué dans la Ville de Lyon, avec ma fondation, mes camps de basket. Je me suis dit que si je voulais appliquer ma vision, ma philosophie, m’inspirer de ce que je connais aux Spurs pour qu’à l’Asvel on en profite un maximum, il fallait que je sois président pour imposer tout ça.

I started to really be a part of this club, I got involved with the city of Lyon, with my foundation, my bball camps. I told myself that if I wanted to apply my vision, my philosphy, use what I learned with the Spurs to really benefit ASVEL, I needed to be president to impose all that.

thanks
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#7 » by LaRance » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:27 pm

nikster wrote:
pylb wrote:

I started to really be a part of this club, I got involved with the city of Lyon, with my foundation, my bball camps. I told myself that if I wanted to apply my vision, my philosphy, use what I learned with the Spurs to really benefit ASVEL, I needed to be president to impose all
that.

thanks

LoL thanks cause the original translation was cracking me up

Return to Wiretap Discussion