Wiggins Remains No. 1 On Most NBA Boards

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Wiggins Remains No. 1 On Most NBA Boards 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Andrew Wiggins struggled in his final collegiate game as Kansas was eliminated by Stanford in the Round of 32, but the game won't hurt his draft stock.

"Wiggins is going to have to continue to improve his skill set," writes Chad Ford. "But I haven't heard anyone in the NBA suggest that this one game will affect his draft stock at all. He's the No. 1 guy on our board and he's the No. 1 guy on most NBA boards right now. That can still change as we get into workouts and physicals, but I'd be surprised if it did."

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Re: Wiggins Remains No. 1 On Most NBA Boards 

Post#2 » by zronv7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:20 pm

If only he had more intangibles and leadership abilities.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#3 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Good prospects in this draft especially Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Exum, Smart, and so forth, but way overhyped. One guy in particular is Julius Randle. He can be the next Zach Randolph 2.0, but I question how he can play against bigs that are athletic and has length. He's not explosive and plays below the rim. The other thing is every time he gets the ball, he's going to get his. He has tunnel vision. He doesn't see the open man or make a effort to kick it out. Lastly, he thinks he's a guard at times. Grab the rebound and kick it out to the PG, but he would rather showboat his handles thinking he's a And 1 street ball player or something by bringing it up and overdoing it, which is why he's a turnover waiting to happen.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#4 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:27 pm

zronv7 wrote:If only he had more intangibles and leadership abilities.

He needs to have that attack mentality as well like a Kevin Durant and a lesser attack mentality of Carmelo Anthony haha
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#5 » by artsncrafts » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:29 pm

What is he 18, 19? Wait til he does HGH like Lebron and adds 100 pounds. 8-)
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,049

Post#6 » by Jester_ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Rudy Gay 2.0?
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Combs84
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#7 » by Combs84 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:29 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Good prospects in this draft especially Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Exum, Smart, and so forth, but way overhyped. One guy in particular is Julius Randle. He can be the next Zach Randolph 2.0, but I question how he can play against bigs that are athletic and has length. He's not explosive and plays below the rim. The other thing is every time he gets the ball, he's going to get his. He has tunnel vision. He doesn't see the open man or make a effort to kick it out. Lastly, he thinks he's a guard at times. Grab the rebound and kick it out to the PG, but he would rather showboat his handles thinking he's a And 1 street ball player or something by bringing it up and overdoing it, which is why he's a turnover waiting to happen.

You're so far off it's not even funny.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,857

Post#8 » by nikster » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:45 pm

artsncrafts wrote:What is he 18, 19? Wait til he does HGH like Lebron and adds 100 pounds. 8-)

Lebron was a freak athlete in high school
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#9 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Combs84 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:Good prospects in this draft especially Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Exum, Smart, and so forth, but way overhyped. One guy in particular is Julius Randle. He can be the next Zach Randolph 2.0, but I question how he can play against bigs that are athletic and has length. He's not explosive and plays below the rim. The other thing is every time he gets the ball, he's going to get his. He has tunnel vision. He doesn't see the open man or make a effort to kick it out. Lastly, he thinks he's a guard at times. Grab the rebound and kick it out to the PG, but he would rather showboat his handles thinking he's a And 1 street ball player or something by bringing it up and overdoing it, which is why he's a turnover waiting to happen.

You're so far off it's not even funny.

Do u even watch his game or are you looking at his stats?
jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Post#10 » by jhern87 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Parker's game looks much more refined than Wiggins, imo. Too bad Embiid has back issues, he looks like a 7 foot physical phenom with a knack for blocking shots.
Captain Tsubasa
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#11 » by Captain Tsubasa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:12 pm

1.Wiggins (most upside)
2.Embiid (great upside, NBA ready right now, amazing skillset. would be number 1 without the injuries)
3.Parker (most NBA ready. he could turn into the next Melo)
4.Randle (he plays like Z-Bo, but is not as tall. he is quicker and more athletic tho)
5.Smart (my rookie of the year pick. this guy has tons to prove)
6.Exum (I have seen 2-3 games so its hard to say where hes gonna land)
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#12 » by Donnyxc » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Captain Tsubasa wrote:3.Parker (most NBA ready. he could turn into the next Melo)

He reminds me more of Paul Pierce. But then again Melo and Pierce have identical Career Stats.

Paul is a better 3 point shooter, but Melo scores more per game.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#13 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Captain Tsubasa wrote:1.Wiggins (most upside)
2.Embiid (great upside, NBA ready right now, amazing skillset. would be number 1 without the injuries)
4.Randle (he plays like Z-Bo, but is not as tall. he is quicker and more athletic tho)

Embiid has by far the most upside IMO. Everyone assumed it was Wiggin's back in October but his ceiling is significantly lower now.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#14 » by MaxRider » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:38 pm

i would go with Embiid right now
7 footer is harder to come by
i have a feeling wiggins will be another trevor ariza
parker look like a tweener
i don't think he's fast enough for sf
he's another beasley
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#15 » by Donnyxc » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:05 pm

MaxRider wrote:i would go with Embiid right now
7 footer is harder to come by
i have a feeling wiggins will be another trevor ariza
parker look like a tweener
i don't think he's fast enough for sf
he's another beasley

I disagree, I think Parker was way more consistent in his first season than Wiggins. He doesn't need to be fast to be a good SF.

I agree with you that Embiid might be a better signing thatn Wiggins. It depends on the needs of the particular team. Would the 76ers sign Embiid over Wiggins? Probably not.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Captain Tsubasa
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#16 » by Captain Tsubasa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 pm

The_Hater wrote:

Embiid has by far the most upside IMO. Everyone assumed it was Wiggin's back in October but his ceiling is significantly lower now.

I say Wiggins has the most upside, because Embiid most of the times looks like a pro out there. He is a man amongst boys. I do realize tho, that there still is a lot of potential to improve with him. But he surprisingly doesnt look as raw as Wiggins.
Narjee
Senior
And1: 627

Post#17 » by Narjee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:35 pm

To all NBA GM's: Wiggins really sucks. Don't waste your draft pick, just let him slip to the Toronto Raptors and karma will reward you.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#18 » by Marty McFly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:37 pm

it's pretty obvious that this is a given. even if a think him staying the year would do him some good. i expect him to declare.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#19 » by Marty McFly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Captain Tsubasa wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I say Wiggins has the most upside, because Embiid most of the times looks like a pro out there. He is a man amongst boys. I do realize tho, that there still is a lot of potential to improve with him. But he surprisingly doesnt look as raw as Wiggins.

embiid started playing basketball a couple of years ago. his ceiling is higher than wiggins.

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#20 » by Marty McFly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:39 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
zronv7 wrote:If only he had more intangibles and leadership abilities.

He needs to have that attack mentality as well like a Kevin Durant and a lesser attack mentality of Carmelo Anthony haha

fail.

Return to Wiretap Discussion