Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Re: Ricky Rubio Could Seek Extension Offer Of $10M Per Year 

Post#41 » by Raps Maniac » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:02 am

mjw9191 wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:EVEN Kyle Lowry? Lmao he's arguably the best PG in the East, playing out of his mind. Wolves would need to bend over backwards to get him.

I wouldn't call him close to the best. I can name a long list of ECF PGs better than Lowry:

Irving
Wall
Williams
Rondo
MCW
Kemba Walker
Jennings
D Rose
Teague
Oladipo

That would effectively put him out of the top 10. He's playing for the contract. He's overrated to be honest and will likely become a Raymond Felton light (fat PG) as he gets older and has earned his big contract.

Lol don't bother man, there's so many canuck fans on this site

Well at least us canuck fans don't lack ignorance
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#42 » by God Squad » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:25 am

lol that list
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#43 » by RedX » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 am

Knicks Universe wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
RandyBreuer wrote:Dont' do it Minnesota! Hell, even Kyle Lowry would be an upgrade.

EVEN Kyle Lowry? Lmao he's arguably the best PG in the East, playing out of his mind. Wolves would need to bend over backwards to get him.

I wouldn't call him close to the best. I can name a long list of ECF PGs better than Lowry:

Irving
Wall
Williams
Rondo
MCW
Kemba Walker
Jennings
D Rose
Teague
Oladipo

That would effectively put him out of the top 10. He's playing for the contract. He's overrated to be honest and will likely become a Raymond Felton light (fat PG) as he gets older and has earned his big contract.

That's as much of a bs statement and list as I've seen around here.

Oh wait... You're a Knicks fan...
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#44 » by God Squad » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 am

Knicks Universe wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
RandyBreuer wrote:Dont' do it Minnesota! Hell, even Kyle Lowry would be an upgrade.

EVEN Kyle Lowry? Lmao he's arguably the best PG in the East, playing out of his mind. Wolves would need to bend over backwards to get him.

Irving
Wall
Williams
Rondo
MCW
Kemba Walker
Jennings
D Rose
Teague
Oladipo

Bold = :noway:
Bold Underline = :crazy: :banghead:
Dre-tones
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#45 » by Dre-tones » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:16 am

Knicks Universe wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:

Irving
Wall
Williams
Rondo
MCW
Kemba Walker
Jennings
D Rose
Teague
Oladipo

hahahaha Felton wishes he was half as good as Kyle Lowry, Lowry will NEVER be that bad. MCW shoots less than 40% from the field, with a pretty bad ast/to ration how is he better? Not sure how you can say Rose is better, he used to be but he's coming off two serious knee surgeries and the last time he was playing basketball he looked ike a scrub. Oladipo is not a point guard(atleast I hope he's not, that's a terrible ast/to ration for a PG) and he's not close to as good as Lowry.

Also I'm wondering why you think Kemba is better? They average about the same amount of points but Kemba takes almost two more shots a game. They also average the same amount of turnovers but Lowry averages almost 2 more assists a game. Lowry is also a better rebounder, better defender and he shoots a higher percentage from the field and from 3. Kemba Walker does have a better free throw percentage, is that why you think he's better?

Iring is a better scorer than Lowry... barely.. that's about it. Brandon Jennings shoots 37% from the field.. enough said. I'll give you Wall, Rondo and Williams.

I get that your mad that Dolan thought Shumpert was too good to trade for Lowry and now you're stuck with Felton (who's arguably the worst starting PG in the NBA) but don't act like Lowry is a scrub. You should know better than most how a scrub plays, your team is full of them.
mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#46 » by mjw9191 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Raps Maniac wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

Irving
Wall
Williams
Rondo
MCW
Kemba Walker
Jennings
D Rose
Teague
Oladipo

Like I said man, a lot of butt hurt Canadians on this site that think Kyle Lowry is an all-star. A lot of them also think Jonas V, Ross, and DeRozan are some sort of future group of contenders... Just live with it, smh.
BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Post#47 » by BloodyNose » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Raps Maniac wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

Irving
Wall
Williams
Rondo
MCW
Kemba Walker
Jennings
D Rose
Teague
Oladipo

:o
Dre-tones
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#48 » by Dre-tones » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:36 pm

mjw9191 wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:

Like I said man, a lot of butt hurt Canadians on this site that think Kyle Lowry is an all-star. A lot of them also think Jonas V, Ross, and DeRozan are some sort of future group of contenders... Just live with it, smh.

I'm far from a Toronto fan but if you think half those players he mentioned are better than Lowry, well you should check into rehab immediately.
AngryPistonsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#49 » by AngryPistonsGuy » Tue Apr 1, 2014 8:33 pm

Raps Maniac wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

Irving
Wall
Williams
Rondo
MCW
Kemba Walker
Jennings
D Rose
Teague
Oladipo

Am I the only one that caught this? "Well at least us canuck fans don't lack ignorance"

heh

Anyway, Toronto is one of the teams I like. Kyle Lowry is a beast, but it's pretty ignorant and biased to call him arguably the best PG in the East. The list above is exaggerated, but I'd definitely take a couple of those guys over him. But that's not to downplay his abilities, the kid can ball, and it's great his attitude issues have resolved over time.
KobeKenobi wrote:We can just package Nash with rising star Marshall. Marshall is basically Jeremy Lin on steroids. That way we keep Randle. Think about it:

Lebron
Kobe
Gasol
Melo
Randle
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#50 » by Knicks Universe » Tue Apr 1, 2014 8:35 pm

AngryPistonsGuy wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:

Am I the only one that caught this? "Well at least us canuck fans don't lack ignorance"

heh

Anyway, Toronto is one of the teams I like. Kyle Lowry is a beast, but it's pretty ignorant and biased to call him arguably the best PG in the East. The list above is exaggerated, but I'd definitely take a couple of those guys over him. But that's not to downplay his abilities, the kid can ball, and it's great his attitude issues have resolved over time.

Each player on the list is better than Lowry.
Mr_President
Senior
And1: 285

Post#51 » by Mr_President » Wed Apr 2, 2014 5:39 pm

nikster wrote:
Mr_President wrote:
holla3mikeg wrote:Rubio is a beast and is well worth 8 figures, imo. Especially, if it means keeping Love. Calderon got 4 years/28 million atage 32. Rubio still has tremendous upside and his one flaw is easily fixable. Any player can practice and be coached into being a good shooter. There are infinitely many examples of that. What can't be taught is an innate sense for the game and court vision. He leads the league in steals and is not far back in assists. He's still very young too. I recently went to a Mavs game to see him and Love in person. He was very impressive and scored 22 points, 15 assists, 10 boards and 4 steals. The kid can ball. Also, his shooting has actually improved from distance this year. His% has been negatively effected by his inability to finish at the rim. As his game evolves, he will continue to improve his jumper and be more judicious with his drives to the basket. He has the potential to be one of, if not the best PGs in the game and that's well worth 10+ mill. Particularly in Minnesota

:nod:

Exactly. His innate talents making him a rare, valuable, and true point guard. His youth to fix shooting flaws and become tougher at the rim. Plays the passing lane and on ball defense. He we would a steal in a 5yr 45million deal that gives him his last two years of the deal above 10 mill.

I dont think hes ever gonna fix his shot. Have you seen his shot chart? its the ugliest thing ive ever seen.
In the restricted area he shoots below 50%, in the rest of the paint he shoots 26%. On 2pt field goals outside the paint he shoots 28%, and is a career 33% shooter from 3. He is a horrible scorer from every where on the court.
and yeah he plays the passing lanes, but he is still a horrible defender.
To say he could be one of the best PGs in the league is a joke

To take current stats of a player who is 23 yrs old and is in just his third year in league, then to use those stats as justification to why he "COULD NEVER" become on the best PGs in the league IS RIDICULOUS.
Jason Kidd had a rough start to his career shooting the ball and your telling me Rubio just simply "Cannot" improve. You my friend use the term "Cannot" a bit to loosely, I hope you don't limit your own future aspirations with such loosely stated negative "Cannot" terminology. :noway:
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,854

Post#52 » by nikster » Wed Apr 2, 2014 11:39 pm

Mr_President wrote:
nikster wrote:
Mr_President wrote:
:nod:

Exactly. His innate talents making him a rare, valuable, and true point guard. His youth to fix shooting flaws and become tougher at the rim. Plays the passing lane and on ball defense. He we would a steal in a 5yr 45million deal that gives him his last two years of the deal above 10 mill.

I dont think hes ever gonna fix his shot. Have you seen his shot chart? its the ugliest thing ive ever seen.
In the restricted area he shoots below 50%, in the rest of the paint he shoots 26%. On 2pt field goals outside the paint he shoots 28%, and is a career 33% shooter from 3. He is a horrible scorer from every where on the court.
and yeah he plays the passing lanes, but he is still a horrible defender.
To say he could be one of the best PGs in the league is a joke

To take current stats of a player who is 23 yrs old and is in just his third year in league, then to use those stats as justification to why he "COULD NEVER" become on the best PGs in the league IS RIDICULOUS.
Jason Kidd had a rough start to his career shooting the ball and your telling me Rubio just simply "Cannot" improve. You my friend use the term "Cannot" a bit to loosely, I hope you don't limit your own future aspirations with such loosely stated negative "Cannot" terminology. :noway:

There is no comparison between Kidd and Rubio. Kidd was actually a good defender and could finish around the rim. And his jump shot was never this bad. Compare Kidd and Rubios shooting from their 3rd seasons. Kidd shot 11% better from 3-10 feet, 19% from 10-16, and 7% from 2 pointers outside 16 feet.
there are a ton of point guards that are already certified stars that have plenty of time left in the league like Curry, CP3, Westbrook, Rondo, Dragic, Rose, etc..
Not to mention young up and coming PGs that have way more potential than Rubio
Holiday, Irving, Lillard, MCW, John Wall...
Rubio is a horrible scorer from anywhere on the field, and a horrible defender. He COULD NEVER become the best PG in the league.

Return to Wiretap Discussion