Lillard Close To New Deal With Adidas

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Lillard Close To New Deal With Adidas 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 2, 2014 3:25 pm

Damian Lillard is close to agreement on a multi-year deal with adidas.

adidas had a 30-day exclusive window to reach an agreement with Lillard.

“We’re close,” Lillard said on Tuesday. “Nothing final yet. I'm excited.”

As Haynes reported in February, due to Lillard reaching certain performance incentive clauses in his adidas rookie shoe deal, he was able to opt out at the end of the season to pursue a long-term, prosperous contract.

Via Chris Haynes/Comcast

IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Re: Lillard Close To New Deal With Adidas 

Post#2 » by IMAN5 » Wed Apr 2, 2014 4:45 pm

Don't do it Lillard, we care too much about your health.
instagram.com/510movement
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#3 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 2, 2014 5:07 pm

The next D-Rose. His career is done. adidas shoes are horrible quality and part of the reason games lost to injury is so high this year. If I'm Portland management and fans, I suspend him if he decides to make this deal. Portland has already had to deal with enough career-ending injuries with their star players (Brandon Roy, Greg Oden) - they don't want to repeat history.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#4 » by Dolphin Lips » Wed Apr 2, 2014 6:21 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:The next D-Rose. His career is done. adidas shoes are horrible quality and part of the reason games lost to injury is so high this year. If I'm Portland management and fans, I suspend him if he decides to make this deal. Portland has already had to deal with enough career-ending injuries with their star players (Brandon Roy, Greg Oden) - they don't want to repeat history.

Not the shoes, hes played the most minutes as a rookie ever and I think hes second this year behind Melo-- Or he can come to the Knicks and have his career ruined even quicker
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Mr Grant Hill
Sixth Man
And1: 102

Post#5 » by Mr Grant Hill » Wed Apr 2, 2014 6:43 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:adidas shoes are horrible quality and part of the reason games lost to injury is so high this year.

what a bunch of BS. all those shoes come from the same bangladeshi factories. look at what happened with ginobili's shoes.
Wake up, girl. I wanna go surfing.
Badandy
Junior
And1: 18

Post#6 » by Badandy » Wed Apr 2, 2014 6:47 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:The next D-Rose. His career is done. adidas shoes are horrible quality and part of the reason games lost to injury is so high this year. If I'm Portland management and fans, I suspend him if he decides to make this deal. Portland has already had to deal with enough career-ending injuries with their star players (Brandon Roy, Greg Oden) - they don't want to repeat history.

You truly are a moron.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Post#7 » by Shem » Thu Apr 3, 2014 1:28 am

Both Greg Oden and Brandon Roy wore Nike. Ginobili just blew out his shoe not too long ago and he wore Nike as well.

And think before you post. If there were truly problems you claim about Adidas, then the NBA wouldn't allow players to wear them. Plus Adidas would want to fix that issue because they want their athletes to be healthy like any other company that wants to sign them to endorsement deals.

On top of that, you're just speculating with out any facts to backup your claims though you act like you have. Basically you have no credibility on this topic. But thanks for the laugh. ;)
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Post#8 » by jhern87 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 5:26 pm

Adidas actually makes some of the better basketball shoes out. I've played in all sorts of different kinds and my Crazy Quicks are by far the best.
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#9 » by Knicks Universe » Fri Apr 4, 2014 6:26 am

jhern87 wrote:Adidas actually makes some of the better basketball shoes out. I've played in all sorts of different kinds and my Crazy Quicks are by far the best.

You will probably get a major injury in them pretty soon. It's just a matter of time.

Return to Wiretap Discussion