Jabari Parker Expects To Make Draft Decision After Meeting Coach K

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jabari Parker Expects To Make Draft Decision After Meeting Coach K 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Jabari Parker said he expects to make a decision by next Tuesday or Wednesday on whether he will enter the June NBA Draft.

Parker plans to meet Mike Krzyzewski to make his decision.

"It's a very tough decision especially potentially leaving behind my coach and the program that really helped me out this year, so I really have to keep them in consideration in this whole process," Parker said on Friday.

Parker does not view returning for his sophomore season at Duke as risky.

"I think there's no risk," Parker said. "I think the community at Duke has really done a good job of taking care of my safety and they make sure that everything is done by the playbook. My parents, they come from different backgrounds. They don't even value money. My situation isn't the best, but they're not complaining and I've been going on this long so why can't I wait another year? That's the mindset in my head that keeps me moving."

Via ESPN

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,861

Re: Jabari Parker Expects To Make Draft Decision After Meeti 

Post#2 » by Mik317 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:23 pm

If this jerk doesn't declare, I am going to say very nasty things about him on the internet. That'll show him.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#3 » by caronimo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:42 pm

looks like all the big names are entering the draft, i'll be surprised if he doesn't
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#4 » by 2Mas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Man you better get your ------- in the draft & be ready to rock that Green up in Beantown!
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#5 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:32 pm

If you're a potential #1 overall pick, top 3 guaranteed, you should ALWAYS enter the draft. Staying a second year will not help you in the long run.

If you stay another year, that means you lose another year in the league, which could cost tens of millions of dollars.

Also, if he stays another year, people will just pick his game apart and his lack of defense will be criticized constantly.

Even if money isn't an issue. Optimizing your value absolutely should.

Enter the draft Jabari. Teams threw away their entire season in hopes of employing you.
Flyologist
Banned User
And1: 395

Post#6 » by Flyologist » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Mik317 wrote:If this jerk doesn't declare, I am going to say very nasty things about him on the internet. That'll show him.

:rofl:
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#7 » by Shem » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:56 am

I would laugh my ass off if he went back. Only because teams tanked this year in hopes to get him.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#8 » by Shem » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:57 am

Mik317 wrote:If this jerk doesn't declare, I am going to say very nasty things about him on the internet. That'll show him.

If your team gets the 2nd pick, I would see why. Yep, you tanked for nothing! :lol:
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#9 » by Marty McFly » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 am

he's got a better shot at number 1 next year, than again, if he stays teams up with okafor and they win the 'ship, okafor might leap frog him for that number spot. he'll probably declare, and ruin the rest of my decade just like wiggins.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,861

Post#10 » by Mik317 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:37 am

Shem wrote:

If your team gets the 2nd pick, I would see why. Yep, you tanked for nothing! :lol:

I was joking as if he feels like it is best for him then go for it...but yeah...it totally would suck for us in terms of the draft lol..albeit at 2 we get one of Embiid or Wiggins. Its the 4th spot on that becomes "bad" if Parker goes back.

and I will make him pay via nasty internet posts if he does.

so when it happens and a rumor about him selling crack pops up....you know where it will coem from
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Gannet
Junior
And1: 20

Post#11 » by Gannet » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:05 am

Why are top Duke draft picks always a little lacking in athleticism (i.e. like Irving and Brand)? He should definitely go #3 behind Embiid and Wiggins. His ceiling is basically Melo. Good scorer but average athlete.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#12 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:08 am

How many guys leave College for NBA, tons, and he is worried about his college team and his coach??

Isn't the point of a potential All-Star to join the NBA cause he is NBA ready. There is no point in staying in college, and there is a big risk, cause the sooner he starts working on his NBA team the sooner he can win an O'Brian.
Magic Jordan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#13 » by Magic Jordan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:12 am

It's not only about the money, going back to play against people he is obviously head and shoulders better than doesn't help his game at all. He needs to play against the best competition, the sooner he does that the better for his game.
Circ
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#14 » by Circ » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:39 am

Be a man and make your own damn decisions.
dannyh8181
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#15 » by dannyh8181 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Gannet wrote:Why are top Duke draft picks always a little lacking in athleticism (i.e. like Irving and Brand)? He should definitely go #3 behind Embiid and Wiggins. His ceiling is basically Melo. Good scorer but average athlete.

I agree with your thoughts on Parker but you think Kyrie irving is lacking in athleticism? I'd watch some highlight tapes or something and re-think that statement
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#16 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:18 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:If you're a potential #1 overall pick, top 3 guaranteed, you should ALWAYS enter the draft. Staying a second year will not help you in the long run.

If you stay another year, that means you lose another year in the league, which could cost tens of millions of dollars.

Also, if he stays another year, people will just pick his game apart and his lack of defense will be criticized constantly.

Enter the draft Jabari. Teams threw away their entire season in hopes of employing you.

How do people still not get this?!?! It is worth staying one more year and getting more money in the next draft by being a higher draft pick (because this year is stacked) and therefore getting better salaries and more endorsement deals. The shortsightedness that NBA players always show is clearly shared by dimwitted fans.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#17 » by Mamba Venom » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:If you're a potential #1 overall pick, top 3 guaranteed, you should ALWAYS enter the draft. Staying a second year will not help you in the long run.

How do people still not get this?!?! It is worth staying one more year and getting more money in the next draft by being a higher draft pick (because this year is stacked) and therefore getting better salaries and more endorsement deals. The shortsightedness that NBA players always show is clearly shared by dimwitted fans.

The money difference between the #1 pick and the #3 pick is negligible. All top 3 picks will get endorsements. What makes the biggest money difference is getting past that rookie contract. Rookies like Parker don't get paid enough. He is NBA ready.

He can only improve a spot or 2. He is definitely top 3 pick.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#18 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

The money difference between the #1 pick and the #3 pick is negligible. All top 3 picks will get endorsements. What makes the biggest money difference is getting past that rookie contract. Rookies like Parker don't get paid enough. He is NBA ready.

There is more value attached to a 1st overall pick as opposed to a top 3 pick. More endorsements.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#19 » by RaptorRed » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
Mamba Venom wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

There is more value attached to a 1st overall pick as opposed to a top 3 pick. More endorsements.

Are you seriously starting this argument AGAIN ??!! , the ENTIRE RealGM bored has proved your theory wrong(see Joel Embid thread). What you are saying is simply wrong and not true , get that through your head.
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#20 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:23 pm

RaptorRed wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
Mamba Venom wrote:

Are you seriously starting this argument AGAIN ??!! , the ENTIRE RealGM bored has proved your theory wrong(see Joel Embid thread). What you are saying is simply wrong and not true , get that through your head.

Lol none of you were business students or graduates so whatever, I'll stop the argument although it's amazing how shortsighted you all are.

Return to Wiretap Discussion