RealGM Radio: Mega NBA Playoffs Preview

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

RealGM Radio: Mega NBA Playoffs Preview 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:14 pm

In this episode of RealGM Radio, host Daniel Leroux previews the NBA Playoffs with four different guests. 

Beckley Mason (@BeckleyMason) of the New York Times and ESPN joins the show to work through the bracket and provide his take from the first round to the finals.

After that, Nate Duncan (@NateDuncanNBA) of Basketball Insiders comes on to provide his insight on the various matchups he is looking forward to in the next few weeks.

Following him, Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) of RealGM projects how the various first round series will shake out and what he is looking forward to the most.

Finally, Arturo Galletti (@ArturoGalletti) of BoxScoreGeeks.com shares his playoff predictions and discusses the playoff prediction contest his site is running with Wages of Wins.

Click here to listen or download.

You can also click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.

Via RealgM Staff Report

Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Re: RealGM Radio: Mega NBA Playoffs Preview 

Post#2 » by Knicks Universe » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 pm

My predictions:

Indiana vs. Atlanta - Indiana in 5
Miami vs. Charlotte - Miami in 6
Toronto vs. Brooklyn - Brooklyn in 4
Chicago vs. Washington - Chicago in 6

San Antonio vs Dallas - San Antonio in 5
OKC vs Memphis - OKC in 6
LA Clippers vs. GSW - LAC in 7
Houston vs. Portland - Houston in 6
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#3 » by jlokine » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:My predictions:

wow.. you give washington and charlotte so much more credit just cause raptors are the raptors.. a 50-win team if not for the 6-12 start, they went 2-2 in the season series with brooklyn.. brooklyn is old and slower, raps is young and hungry and motivated by nets tanking. if your prediction is based on the whole experience factor, why are you pegging miami in 6 vs the lowly bobcats.. and even indiana in 5... who does atlanta have that makes you think they can win 1 game and raptors cant win any?

talk about a bitter knicks fan...
Camboflage
Veteran
And1: 1,725

Post#4 » by Camboflage » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:56 pm

This KnicksUniverse guy stays hating on the Raptors.

I really try not to pay no mind to what he says about the city and the team because it's all spewed on hatred moreso just opinion.

Might want to order knee pads, seeing as you'll likely be begging Melo to stay during the off season.

(I am aware all he said was his predictions but i see his posts on wiretap and it's all about how the Raptors/Toronto suck)
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#5 » by Knicks Universe » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 pm

jlokine wrote:

wow.. you give washington and charlotte so much more credit just cause raptors are the raptors.. a 50-win team if not for the 6-12 start, they went 2-2 in the season series with brooklyn.. brooklyn is old and slower, raps is young and hungry and motivated by nets tanking. if your prediction is based on the whole experience factor, why are you pegging miami in 6 vs the lowly bobcats.. and even indiana in 5... who does atlanta have that makes you think they can win 1 game and raptors cant win any?

It's just my prediction man, there is always at least one sweep so I had to pick one. It's the most likely series to be one given the amount of experience on Brooklyn and how well they've played lately. Remember they're the 6th seed but playing like one of the better teams in the last while. It's about the trend upwards, not about their final place in the standings.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#6 » by CHAMPi0N » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
jlokine wrote:

It's just my prediction man, there is always at least one sweep so I had to pick one. It's the most likely series to be one given the amount of experience on Brooklyn and how well they've played lately. Remember they're the 6th seed but playing like one of the better teams in the last while. It's about the trend upwards, not about their final place in the standings.

lol "the trend upwards" ... what a guy :lol: ... :nonono:
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,857

Post#7 » by nikster » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
jlokine wrote:

How the hell isnt Atlanta or Charlotte more likely to be swept. Are you on crack?
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#8 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:29 am

nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
jlokine wrote:

How the hell isnt Atlanta or Charlotte more likely to be swept. Are you on crack?

Charlotte has some pretty strong defense. I think they may get two wins at home. Don't think they will win in Miami though.

Atlanta has some players with quite a bit of playoff experience and Indiana hasn't played that well of late. I think they will give the Pacers problems, but ultimately the Pacers will win in 6.
Robin_Banks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Robin_Banks » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 am

KNICKS UNIVERSE is a fukking ret@rd! You fukking piece of $h!t.
ripchard32
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#10 » by ripchard32 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:08 am

So many butthurt Raptors fans on here lately. Just cuz someone doesn't think your team is all that, that must mean that they are are dumb or ignorant. No not really how about the fact that no one on your team has playoff experience except for frigging Tyler Hansbrough. Jump on the bandwaggon before there no longer is one I guess.
nikster
RealGM

Post#11 » by nikster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:03 am

ripchard32 wrote:So many butthurt Raptors fans on here lately. Just cuz someone doesn't think your team is all that, that must mean that they are are dumb or ignorant. No not really how about the fact that no one on your team has playoff experience except for frigging Tyler Hansbrough. Jump on the bandwaggon before there no longer is one I guess.

Since the trade they have the best record in the Eastern conference. Plenty analysts think the Nets experience gives them an edge, but to say they will be swept is plain dumb
btw both Lowry & Johnson have playoff experience
nikster
RealGM

Post#12 » by nikster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:04 am

Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

Charlotte has some pretty strong defense. I think they may get two wins at home. Don't think they will win in Miami though.

Atlanta has some players with quite a bit of playoff experience and Indiana hasn't played that well of late. I think they will give the Pacers problems, but ultimately the Pacers will win in 6.

theres no point in arguing with you. We will see the results of your predictions
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#13 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:06 am

nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:How the hell isnt Atlanta or Charlotte more likely to be swept. Are you on crack?

theres no point in arguing with you. We will see the results of your predictions

Remember this moment then when the Raptors lose. You will have to agree that I was right the whole time. But fine, let's wait and see what happens.
smartsalman
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#14 » by smartsalman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 am

Visit http://www.HashTagWeTheNorth.com to see all tweets/Instagram posts live!! #WeTheNorth

GO RAPTORS GO!

Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#15 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:31 pm

nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:How the hell isnt Atlanta or Charlotte more likely to be swept. Are you on crack?

How is your prediction looking so far hmm? I was right.
nikster
RealGM

Post#16 » by nikster » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 am

Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

What prediction? I just said it wouldnt be a sweep. And Raps played a close game today despite huge struggles from Derozan & Ross
nikster
RealGM

Post#17 » by nikster » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:06 am

Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

There goes your prediction
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#18 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 pm

nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:theres no point in arguing with you. We will see the results of your predictions

Haha nice lucky win there at the end. Gonna be tough for Raptors to get a win at Barclays so my prediction still holds true.
nikster
RealGM

Post#19 » by nikster » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

Haha nice lucky win there at the end. Gonna be tough for Raptors to get a win at Barclays so my prediction still holds true.

You predicted a sweep. the Raps won a game so your prediction was wrong.
We dominated the boards 52-30. We took over in the 4th quarter, like we have all season. Nothing lucky about it
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#20 » by Knicks Universe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 pm

nikster wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
nikster wrote:There goes your prediction

You predicted a sweep. the Raps won a game so your prediction was wrong.
We dominated the boards 52-30. We took over in the 4th quarter, like we have all season. Nothing lucky about it

I meant my prediction about winning their series. Nets will take it for sure. No way they win at Barclays like I said. Also, did you watch the game? Raptors did not really dominate. They got really fortunate on a few circus shots all over the game and man did the refs favour the Raptors on some calls. Pretty crazy that they called the techs on Garnett and Blatche (i think it was him) yet Lowry and Derozan were talking smack all game and got no Ts. It's definitely more interesting seeing a balanced series but I don't think this win will change the ultimate outcome of the series.

Return to Wiretap Discussion