Harrisons Waiting For Feedback From NBA Before Making Decision

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Harrisons Waiting For Feedback From NBA Before Making Decision 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Andrew and Aaron Harrison are continuing to weigh their options about returning to Kentucky for their sophomore season or leaving for the NBA.

The Harrisons are waiting for feedback from the NBA before reaching a decision.

“I just sent the paperwork in two or three days ago,” Aaron Harrison Sr told Fox 26. “I talked to a gentleman at the NBA and he said he would get it to me as fast as possible and then we’ll go from there. 

“It’s important. You’re trying to find out what the prospects are for them and where they’ll be drafted and all those things.” 

“It’s basically my career really,” Aaron said. “Don’t leave anything out. Think about all the angles and everything that goes into it and just try to make the best choice for your family.”

“It’s tough,” Andrew added. “You got to keep praying on it and just keep talking with your family and see what’s the best thing for you and your family.”

Via Terrence Payne/College Basketball Talk

miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Re: Harrisons Waiting For Feedback From NBA Before Making De 

Post#2 » by miltk » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41 pm

am i missing something???
the deadline to be eligible to return to college has dun passed (april 16). they have no options.
CrymeTime
Bench Warmer
And1: 265

Post#3 » by CrymeTime » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:19 pm

It would be interesting if 1 declared and the other didn't
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#4 » by MRxBLACK » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:49 pm

2nd round talents.
ESPN Sucks
hodgy#11
Sixth Man
And1: 663

Post#5 » by hodgy#11 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Depends if they have agents I believe.

miltk wrote:am i missing something???
the deadline to be eligible to return to college has dun passed (april 16). they have no options.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#6 » by Jvaughn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:41 am

CrymeTime wrote:It would be interesting if 1 declared and the other didn't

They've maintained they'll both leave at the same time. Probably the smartest decision. I have a feeling they're not going to look as good (which isn't very good anyway) away from each other.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
anmolnadkarni94
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#7 » by anmolnadkarni94 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 am

hodgy#11 wrote:Depends if they have agents I believe.

miltk wrote:am i missing something???

The NCAA set that date as the “withdrawal” deadline for underclassmen to pull their name out of the pool for the draft. That day happens to come one day before the spring period for signing recruits to letters of intent opens up. In essence, the NCAA protects coaches by ensuring that they have an idea of whether there is an open scholarship they can fill during the window that runs until May 21.

The official deadline set by the NBA is April 27.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:24 pm

If they declared right now Aaron would be a 2nd round pick and Andrew might go undrafted. I'm not sure why either of them would be under the illusion that they're remotely close to being NBA level players right now. There's a good chance Andrew will never be an NBA player based on what he showed this season. Unless shooting 36% in college is suddenly going to improve vs a higher level of defense.

But they wouldn't be the first college players to grossly over-inflate their value and make the mistake of declaring.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Discussion