Garnett: Brooklyn Crowd 'Could Do Better'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Garnett: Brooklyn Crowd 'Could Do Better' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Kevin Garnett and Paul Piece each tried to pump up the Brooklyn Nets' home crowd during Friday's Game 3 win over the Toronto Raptors.

Garnett believes the Nets fed off the crowd but still expected more.

"They could do better," Garnett said on Saturday. "I was expecting Brooklyn to be real hostile, New York-style. I know what it's like to come here as the opposition, so our crowd could do better, but they were there when we needed them, and we fed off of them."

"Well, we know gradually they got into it," Pierce added. "Hopefully the next game, it will get a lot better from the start. We want to come out from the jump, from the beginning, and have them in the game. It shouldn't take a big play from us. We want them behind us. It was a great crowd tonight."

Via Mike Mazzeo/ESPN

Kn1cksNation
Senior
And1: 214

Re: Garnett: Brooklyn Crowd 'Could Do Better' 

Post#2 » by Kn1cksNation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Because you scrubs aint the Knicks! Guaranteed if it was MSG the crowd would be wild. No matter what Brooklyn does, they will always be in the shadow of the Knicks.
smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,734

Post#3 » by smith2373 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Kn1cksNation wrote:Because you scrubs aint the Knicks! Guaranteed if it was MSG the crowd would be wild. No matter what Brooklyn does, they will always be in the shadow of the Knicks.

You're right, they're not the Knicks. They're actually playing in the playoffs instead of watching from home.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#4 » by Adam1221 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Kn1cksNation wrote:Because you scrubs aint the Knicks! Guaranteed if it was MSG the crowd would be wild. No matter what Brooklyn does, they will always be in the shadow of the Knicks.

If the shadow is the post season than yeah the Nets are in the shadow of the Knicks this year.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#5 » by CHAMPi0N » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Lol I guess after playing in Boston and 2 games in the crazy Air Canada Centre, the Barclays Center crowd was a real let down for KG. Anyways, they won game 3 and put the pressure on the young guys once again.
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#6 » by Golden Angel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:15 pm

No ****, kg, but u2 could do a lot better after resting all season..
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#7 » by Sn0wman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:43 pm

LOL what crowd????
Kn1cksNation
Senior

Post#8 » by Kn1cksNation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 pm

smith2373 wrote:

You're right, they're not the Knicks. They're actually playing in the playoffs instead of watching from home.

Typical nets fan response, one year and everyone's riding them, they're old and they're gonna be out next round regardless. Highest payroll in the league
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#9 » by Rated T By CBRA » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 pm

This guy probably talks s&%* to his own mother...non-stop mouthing off at something or someone...
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#10 » by Marty McFly » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Adam1221 wrote:

If the shadow is the post season than yeah the Nets are in the shadow of the Knicks this year.

just this year though. :lol: :D
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
BallDontLie_
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#11 » by BallDontLie_ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 pm

smith2373 wrote:You're right, they're not the Knicks. They're actually playing in the playoffs instead of watching from home.

Adam1221 wrote:If the shadow is the post season than yeah the Nets are in the shadow of the Knicks this year.

Great job pointing out the obvious, but playing better than the Knicks this season isn't really something to brag about. The Nets have been a major disappointment themselves.

They have no history or real fans, their arena is filled with bandwagoners and people who want to be in the in-crowd. All the crowd does is chant "Brooklyn" about 5 times a game.

The Knicks suck ass and have done so for years, but the atmosphere in MSG and Knicks crowd are still some of the best in the NBA every single game.
Kn1cksNation
Senior

Post#12 » by Kn1cksNation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:15 pm

BallDontLie_ wrote:
smith2373 wrote:You're right, they're not the Knicks. They're actually playing in the playoffs instead of watching from home.

Adam1221 wrote:If the shadow is the post season than yeah the Nets are in the shadow of the Knicks this year.

Great job pointing out the obvious, but playing better than the Knicks this season isn't really something to brag about. The Nets have been a major disappointment themselves.

They have no history or real fans, their arena is filled with bandwagoners and people who want to be in the in-crowd. All the crowd does is chant "Brooklyn" about 5 times a game.

The Knicks suck ass and have done so for years, but the atmosphere in MSG and Knicks crowd are still some of the best in the NBA every single game.

Yep agreed with all the above, and not to mention with their enormous payroll and with their Russian owner they might end up moving to Moscow and calling themselves the Moscow Nets. As far as this season goes, just remember the season head to head record was 3-1 in favor of the Knicks.
BallDontLie_
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#13 » by BallDontLie_ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Kn1cksNation wrote:As far as this season goes, just remember the season head to head record was 3-1 in favor of the Knicks.

Season series records are kinda useless tho as they don't take into account if it was the second of a back-to-back for one of the teams and if it's a meaningless game right before the playoffs (like the last one). I'm a Knicks fans through and through but I gotta keep it real on this one.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#14 » by LiSTWithLani » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:28 pm

I would like to think that this is the affect that playing against the Raptors has. Toronto certainly has some rabid fans (myself being one of them) and after endless chants of K-G-Sucks, I would hope that my home crowd would have words for the opposition.
I too found Brooklyn to be pretty lackluster!
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#15 » by duppyy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:33 pm

lstern wrote:I would like to think that this is the affect that playing against the Raptors has. Toronto certainly has some rabid fans (myself being one of them) and after endless chants of K-G-Sucks, I would hope that my home crowd would have words for the opposition.

Those USA chants totally rattled our players. :wink:
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#16 » by your boy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Garnett could probably play a little better.. actually he probably can't
Kn1cksNation
Senior

Post#17 » by Kn1cksNation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:35 pm

BallDontLie_ wrote:
Kn1cksNation wrote:As far as this season goes, just remember the season head to head record was 3-1 in favor of the Knicks.

Season series records are kinda useless tho as they don't take into account if it was the second of a back-to-back for one of the teams and if it's a meaningless game right before the playoffs (like the last one). I'm a Knicks fans through and through but I gotta keep it real on this one.

While I agree they usually don't, this is strictly bragging rights in an otherwise wasteful season.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#18 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:37 pm

I watched most games in these playoffs, and fans are there like it is an opera, where you sit their quiet, and just watch.
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#19 » by Knicks Universe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:20 am

smith2373 wrote:

Lol you mad bro?

MSG is by far the biggest stage in the world and one of the best crowds. Even with a season like this where the Knicks were terrible, the arena was louder than most playoff atmospheres. Having famous stars show up to the game and one of the most iconic buildings in the world makes it a great place to play and watch.

While I am cheering for the Nets in the playoffs right now, I must agree that the Nets' fanbase is lackluster. Barclays Center is a nice place but the fans are very much bandwagoners.
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#20 » by Knicks Universe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 am

lstern wrote:I would like to think that this is the affect that playing against the Raptors has. Toronto certainly has some rabid fans (myself being one of them) and after endless chants of K-G-Sucks, I would hope that my home crowd would have words for the opposition.

Childish fans disrespecting one of the best power forwards to ever play the game.

Return to Wiretap Discussion