Rockets Expected To Check In On Rajon Rondo's Availability

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Expected To Check In On Rajon Rondo's Availability 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 4, 2014 3:23 pm

The Houston Rockets are expected to pursue a trade for Rajon Rondo again this offseason.

Daryl Morey checked in with the Celtics on Rondo at the February deadline.

Rondo seems like an odd fit for the Rockets since he operates with the ball in his hands and isn't a particularly skilled perimeter shooter.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Re: Rockets Expected To Check In On Rajon Rondo's Availabili 

Post#2 » by Arsilva » Sun May 4, 2014 4:35 pm

Good idea...they need thoughness...it won't come from "goofy" Howard or "I'll throw my body at you and ask for a foul" Harden.
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#3 » by dkjjr » Sun May 4, 2014 4:50 pm

Rondo seems like an odd fit for the Rockets since he operates with the ball in his hands and isn't a particularly skilled perimeter shooter.

Nobody cares about your opinion! You write news stories, things that come from facts. Stop putting opinions in your "news" RealGM. It makes you look incompetent.
IDBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#4 » by IDBall » Sun May 4, 2014 4:56 pm

They could use an elite point guard to compete with the likes of Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, etc. out west. At the very least Rondo would stop Harden from jacking up 30+ shots.
ocker
Sixth Man
And1: 197

Post#5 » by ocker » Sun May 4, 2014 4:59 pm

dkjjr wrote:

Nobody cares about your opinion! You write news stories, things that come from facts. Stop putting opinions in your "news" RealGM. It makes you look incompetent.

They were just reporting what the article from Stein said hater.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#6 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 4, 2014 5:41 pm

not many realistic scenarios that this could happen.
Rondo and Green for Asik / Lin / Parsons, Beverly and 2014 pick.... I think Houston balks and i think Boston balks at anything less.
Sign here
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#7 » by d boy gentleman » Sun May 4, 2014 8:28 pm

Interesting move by Houston would give them a true point guard on the roster, although it would be interesting to see how he would coexist with Harden who is a ball dominant player. I would figure they would give up Asik/Lin and another piece to make it work.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
ggeorge115
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#8 » by ggeorge115 » Sun May 4, 2014 8:48 pm

getting rondo doesnt make any sense to me... yeah we need a tough pg but why settle for someone who doesnt fit the system? if anything upgrade the pf position... push for k love!
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#9 » by CHAMPi0N » Sun May 4, 2014 8:51 pm

Asik + Lin on the table again? Yeah, no thanks... Even if Celtics send back Gerald Wallace this is crazy. Rondo is an elite PG. They don't have enough to offer for him.
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#10 » by dkjjr » Sun May 4, 2014 10:04 pm

ocker wrote:
dkjjr wrote:

They were just reporting what the article from Stein said hater.

Where does it say that? And Stein's article was made for him to give his view on things. These wiretaps are supposed to be factual news, something that article and statement is not.
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#11 » by lakersin4 » Sun May 4, 2014 11:10 pm

This rumor confuses me every time I see it.. Rondo has to dominate the ball to have a big enough impact to justify his contract.. He needs to be surrounded by good shooters to drive & kick to, & Dwight not being able to come out of the paint will limit his space in there. His poor outside shooting prevents him from splitting the ballhandling duties with Harden, it'd be hard to have both of them performing at a high level. Just a terrible fit all around.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#12 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon May 5, 2014 12:38 pm

"Ainge - we will give you Asik for Rondo, Green, and 1 first round pick and one 2nd round pick...take it or leave it" - Morey :lol:
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#13 » by Donnyxc » Mon May 5, 2014 3:45 pm

I already get a lot of heat for saying this, from fellow Celtics fans, but I think the team should draft Napier in the 1st round (not the lotto pick) and Trade Rajon. It's time for a new image, C's.

I would be happy to take Asik off of the Rockets hands. We can space the floor with that front court, as Sullinger can hit consistent 3's.

Two cents.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
denimourson
Rookie
And1: 615

Post#14 » by denimourson » Mon May 5, 2014 4:23 pm

That's going to be some awesome floor spacing.

/sarcasm

Brady to LBJ: Psst...hey, man you want these deflated basketballs?

Return to Wiretap Discussion