Post#21 » by yicb » Mon May 5, 2014 1:42 pm

we cant afford to lose asik
and no one wants lin
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Re: Morey Doesn't Anticipate Big Move Including Asik, Lin 

Post#22 » by imDatknicksTape » Mon May 5, 2014 2:13 pm

Have fun paying Lin 15 mil and his average PG skills rockets fans.

I dont hate Lin. but he is way overpaid for what he produces. from a proud knicks fan.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#23 » by Marty McFly » Mon May 5, 2014 3:06 pm

KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:
johne86 wrote:
KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:Yeah yeah.

That's always the headline

then he trades a first rounder or 2 for a superstar.

Except for the small fact that no team would be stupid enough to trade their star for 1st round picks that in short would be completely worthless, because it's not like the Rockets will be a lottery team anytime soon. It's a sad reality Rockets fan are going to have to deal with that when you're a luxury tax team, there are simply no moves to make. And say what you will about Lin and Asik but no team will give up their star for either or both of these guys, why?, if teams wanted them they would have traded for them by the trade deadline.

Thunder pretty much did and they have a highly regarded front office so, i dont know.

lets not pretend that money wasn't a factor.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#24 » by GreenRiddler » Mon May 5, 2014 3:29 pm

Temuhjan wrote:
bastillon wrote:
spaceman_E wrote:Something tells me Harden and Howard aren't leaders. Also, Asik is in his 4th year in the league and has been beyond the 1st round once. Francisco Garcia and Howard are the only vets on the team, they're exactly as green as Morey says.

lmao its not like they lost to a veteran team like Spurs, Mavs or Nets. inexperience could be an issue in the further rounds but it wasn't the case in this particular loss. Rockets lost because of their basketball-related weaknesses such us perimeter defense, lack of PF etc. Rockets have no business getting past the WC teams unless they make couple changes and cover their weaknesses. inexperience aside - they're simply too weak. Portland was actually a great matchup for them and they had HCA. they could've played Grizzlies who matched up great against the Rockets (Tony Allen on Harden, Gasol/Zach on Dwight, no 2nd big to guard both Gasol and Zach) or OKC (literally nobody to stop KD from putting up whatever he wants every game, Perkins v Dwight, Sefolosha guarding Harden) and it would be a beatdown.

Rockets need to adress their weaknesses and have those teams in mind. matchups matter a lot in the playoffs and that makes them very vulnerable. as far as I'm concerned Rockets are a complete non-threat in the west with the current lineup. I think they should trade Asik because he's reduntant and takes too much cap space with Dwight on the team. they should definitely trade Parsons, even though he's good, simply bc they're never getting out of the west against KD with Parsons defending him. playing in the WC, they need to have some perimeter stopper. they should also look for a better floor-spreading PG. I really like Jeremy Lin but he's not a good fit next to James Harden and everybody knows it. so basically the Rockets need 2 all-defense forwards (that dont ruin spacing) just to have a chance to make it out of the west. they have a LONG way to go.

The Rockets need a Paul Pierce, an Andre Iguodala, a Kirk Hinrich and a Mike Miller. Daryl Morey should regret on the duo of smart-ass poison pill contracts he gave JLin and Asik two seasons ago. He could have netted all 4 plus more if he has not done what he did.

Yeah they need a glue guy 3 and D. Deng would be great for Parsons is too much of a volume shooter and has bad perimeter D.
minimalist1972
Senior
And1: 167

Post#25 » by minimalist1972 » Mon May 5, 2014 5:19 pm

Therefore, Morey anticipates big move including Asik, Lin.
DIRK DIKEMBE IS THE CEILING!
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#26 » by inquisitive » Mon May 5, 2014 5:34 pm

the mistake was that mchale didnt play the TTs at the start of the series which i wanted him to do before the start of series. that put them in an 0-2 hole right away.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,501

Post#27 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 5, 2014 6:36 pm

Translation "If I couldn't trade them when they were making far less than their cap hit, I sure as hell won't be able to trade them when they are being paid double their cap hit>"

The only teams willing to trade anything of value for these guys are probably teams that have no incentive to make money. Brooklyn makes sense for Asik as Lopez insurance, but does Houston want anyone from them?

Return to Wiretap Discussion