Raptors Interested In Pursuing Vince Carter

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Raptors Interested In Pursuing Vince Carter 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 5, 2014 2:48 pm

The Toronto Raptors are internally considering pursuing Vince Carter in free agency.

Carter wants to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks by all accounts after finishing his three-year, $9 million deal.

Carter was traded by the Raptors to the then-New Jersey Nets in 2004.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,396

Re: Raptors Interested In Pursuing Vince Carter 

Post#2 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Mon May 5, 2014 2:53 pm

Oh no you didn't...... :lol:
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#3 » by IMAN5 » Mon May 5, 2014 2:59 pm

oh god make it happen. just so the best raptor of all time can finally make peace with the city and team.

he would also be a huge upgrade off the bench for us. we badly needed a scorer and a vet and VC would be exactly that. bring in vc so I never have to see john salmons in a raptors uniform ever again.
instagram.com/510movement
Flyologist
Banned User
And1: 395

Post#4 » by Flyologist » Mon May 5, 2014 3:21 pm

why?! **** this bs :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#5 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon May 5, 2014 3:28 pm

Sigh...hopefully just a rumor and nothing more.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#6 » by Donnyxc » Mon May 5, 2014 3:38 pm

I don't think this will actually happen, but good for Vince and the Raptors Team/Fan base if they can make up.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
ahoang
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#7 » by ahoang » Mon May 5, 2014 4:03 pm

2014/15 Line up:

Lowry/Vasquez/ De YOLO
Ross/draft pick
DD/VC/Fields
Amir/2Pat/Psycho T
JV/Okafor or Blair
stopndrop88
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#8 » by stopndrop88 » Mon May 5, 2014 4:30 pm

VC and the Toronto fan base reconciling would be amazing to see. I'd like the move so that Ross can be the 6th man and wait one more year before he finally takes off. VC still has enough in the tank to start and make a huge impact for the Raptors. Would be nice to see Bosh as well but I'm not sure what the cap space is going to look like.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#9 » by LApwnd » Mon May 5, 2014 4:51 pm

REUNITE the cousins, bring back T-mac too.
ace198
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#10 » by ace198 » Mon May 5, 2014 4:52 pm

Come back to the Nets! 8-)
ratmrocks89
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#11 » by ratmrocks89 » Mon May 5, 2014 5:02 pm

awesome idea. great way to close out his career where it all started.

toronto may have a love/hate relationship with him, but there is no denying his star power helped them get some attention in the late 90's-early 2000's
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#12 » by Raps Maniac » Mon May 5, 2014 5:07 pm

LApwnd wrote:REUNITE the cousins, bring back T-mac too.

To what, the Blue Jays?
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#13 » by CHAMPi0N » Mon May 5, 2014 5:13 pm

Wow, are you kidding me? This is a joke right? This guy should never be welcomed back in Toronto. :nonono:

Just because of how he left, it tainted his legacy and I wouldn't even retire his number. #F***WhatJalenSays
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#14 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon May 5, 2014 5:26 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:Wow, are you kidding me? This is a joke right? This guy should never be welcomed back in Toronto. :nonono:

Just because of how he left, it tainted his legacy and I wouldn't even retire his number. #F***WhatJalenSays

Agree 100% - despite what people think about him being a great option behind DD, not a good idea. How often does anyone get back with their ex and have it work out? Plus I am sure at this point in his career, VC is looking for a title contender - not a playoff hopefully team (no disrespect to the Raps, but they are not title contenders at this moment).

Move on everyone, as a Raps fan I have...so has the team. I am positive VC has as well. Not all stories are fairy tales, and that is ok!
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#15 » by plainballing » Mon May 5, 2014 5:47 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:
CHAMPi0N wrote:Wow, are you kidding me? This is a joke right? This guy should never be welcomed back in Toronto. :nonono:

Agree 100% - despite what people think about him being a great option behind DD, not a good idea. How often does anyone get back with their ex and have it work out? Plus I am sure at this point in his career, VC is looking for a title contender - not a playoff hopefully team (no disrespect to the Raps, but they are not title contenders at this moment).

Move on everyone, as a Raps fan I have...so has the team. I am positive VC has as well. Not all stories are fairy tales, and that is ok!

No disrespect to the Mavs, but neither is Dallas a contender. It would be a difference maker if we can play Vince instead of Salmon in that series...Salmon didn't give us great defence nor a threat on the other end.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
Tdot24
Pro Prospect
And1: 52

Post#16 » by Tdot24 » Mon May 5, 2014 6:54 pm

plainballing wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:

No disrespect to the Mavs, but neither is Dallas a contender. It would be a difference maker if we can play Vince instead of Salmon in that series...Salmon didn't give us great defence nor a threat on the other end.

I like VC, always been a fan. But I doubt he'll provide that defensive stopper that we're looking for. We need someone like Sefolosha or Jimmy Butler. Someone who knows their game and isn't looking to do too much.
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#17 » by aroba » Mon May 5, 2014 6:56 pm

First of all, you should know the real story and stop this BS once for all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G2L0WZPM-Q
it was NOT HIS FAULT. HE went to Sam Mitchell and told him "please don't trade me", right the day before.
Check interview there, Raptors GM then saying it was necessary to trade him

Ha actually should come back to Toronto as the greatest Raptor ever and make justice to him :evil:
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#18 » by mawbsta » Mon May 5, 2014 9:55 pm

Would love the opportunity for Vince to retire in Toronto!!
Forget the past. Life is too short. Yes he dogged his season and forced a trade that set the organization back 10 years, but he built Basketball in this country (ask Steve Nash, Wiggins, Bennet and Thompson) and should rightfully be considered a legend in this city and country and after 10 years would welcome him back for an opportunity for all parties to MOVE FORWARD
rapz101
Senior
And1: 716

Post#19 » by rapz101 » Mon May 5, 2014 9:57 pm

aroba wrote:

First of all, you should know the real story and stop this BS once for all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G2L0WZPM-Q
it was NOT HIS FAULT. HE went to Sam Mitchell and told him "please don't trade me", right the day before.
Check interview there, Raptors GM then saying it was necessary to trade him

Ha actually should come back to Toronto as the greatest Raptor ever and make justice to him :evil:

I saw this clip back on SN, but it still didnt justify him avging 14 ppg a game and then getting traded and exploding for 24-25ppg a game?

obv im not as sour on him as i was back then, but jheez, u can;t go down that much in ur statistics then come on the air 10 years later to say "I was pushed out"...and im not denying he was pushed out of the raptor organization, but im gunna go out on a limb and say VC isn't a perfect person, there was animosity from both sides, and maybe VC's animosity was shown in his lack of effort on the raps floor during his closing yrs in toronto

Having said that, i wouldn't want this guy back, and i sure as hell would slap the ish out of rob babcock for even thinking that was a good trade.
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#20 » by The Watcher » Mon May 5, 2014 10:52 pm

stopndrop88 wrote:VC and the Toronto fan base reconciling would be amazing to see. I'd like the move so that Ross can be the 6th man and wait one more year before he finally takes off. VC still has enough in the tank to start and make a huge impact for the Raptors. Would be nice to see Bosh as well but I'm not sure what the cap space is going to look like.

No way Ross comes off the bench, this would severely stunt his development (see "the Rudy Gay experiment" in Raptorland). Ross is good enough to start now and may be a star one day, so if Wince comes back, it'll be off the bench.

Return to Wiretap Discussion