Pistons Could Be Without New GM, Coach Before Draft

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Pistons Could Be Without New GM, Coach Before Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 5, 2014 10:11 pm

The right-hand man of Tom Gores, Mark Barnhill, did not close the door on the Detroit Pistons not having a new general manager and head coach in place before the June NBA Draft.

The Pistons are continuing their search after the resignation of Joe Dumars.

“We’re doing our work on all levels,” Barnhill said. “We’re getting ready for the draft. We’re preparing for identifying a new head coach and general manager. But there’s nothing to report."

The Pistons have cast a wide net in their hiring search, and Barnhill did not rule out anyone in his radio interview, including Isiah Thomas.

“We’re in a process and that process entails a number of steps,” Barnhill said. “If people are currently employed, you have to get their permission. I’d rather not getting into now who we’re or not talking to."

Via Vincent Goodwill/Detroit News

kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Re: Pistons Could Be Without New GM, Coach Before Draft 

Post#2 » by kobe48306 » Tue May 6, 2014 1:54 am

So, you are saying they have a chance to make some good moves. If the Pistons need my help they know how to reach me.
gmehl
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#3 » by gmehl » Tue May 6, 2014 2:54 am

“We’re in a process and that process entails a number of steps,” Barnhill said. “If people are currently employed, you have to get their permission. I’d rather not getting into now who we’re or not talking to."

Translation = We're pretty much waiting for the Spurs and Thunder to finish their seasons so we can get permission to interview their people for the GM and head coaching gigs.
airaaron32
Senior
And1: 773

Post#4 » by airaaron32 » Tue May 6, 2014 3:41 am

gmehl wrote:“We’re in a process and that process entails a number of steps,” Barnhill said. “If people are currently employed, you have to get their permission. I’d rather not getting into now who we’re or not talking to."

Translation = We're pretty much waiting for the Spurs and Thunder to finish their seasons so we can get permission to interview their people for the GM and head coaching gigs.

Dude your avatar made me flinch
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#5 » by CHAMPi0N » Tue May 6, 2014 3:01 pm

That's OK. It seems like ownership makes all the decisions anyway.

Return to Wiretap Discussion