Stan Van Gundy Appears To Be Warriors' Top Target As Kerr Likely To Take Knicks' Job

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Stan Van Gundy Appears To Be Warriors' Top Target As Kerr Likely To Take Knicks' Job 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 11, 2014 3:47 pm

The Golden State Warriors believe Steve Kerr is "too deep" in talks to become the next head coach of the New York Knicks for him to consider their job.

Sources also stressed that Stan Van Gundy is the closest thing the Warriors' have to a top target to replace Mark Jackson.

The Warriors had a small sliver of hope that Kerr's talks with the Knicks could fall apart for him to become a legitimate candidate for their vacancy.

Via Marc Stein, Ian Begley/ESPN

East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Re: Stan Van Gundy Appears To Be Warriors' Top Target As Ker 

Post#2 » by East Bay Sports » Sun May 11, 2014 4:10 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUOB8MN4Kc[/youtube]
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,109

Post#3 » by tiderulz » Sun May 11, 2014 4:23 pm

not sure why he wouldnt be #1. Kerr has never coached before and GSW doesnt need a someone to learn to coach, they are near contenders right now.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#4 » by The Laker Kid » Sun May 11, 2014 4:31 pm

and once again, there's nothing left for the Lakers. An irrefutable proof that the league HATES us.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#5 » by nikster » Sun May 11, 2014 5:06 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:and once again, there's nothing left for the Lakers. An irrefutable proof that the league HATES us.

Right, The league hates the Lakers. That why they only have 17 championships...
GoldenState-
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#6 » by GoldenState- » Sun May 11, 2014 5:23 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:and once again, there's nothing left for the Lakers. An irrefutable proof that the league HATES us.

The league had to cheat for the Lakers just to get them in the playoffs two seasons ago. They also made the refs call the worst game ever in the history of the NBA against the Warriors.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#7 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:32 pm

GoldenState- wrote:

The league had to cheat for the Lakers just to get them in the playoffs two seasons ago. They also made the refs call the worst game ever in the history of the NBA against the Warriors.

That was more rigged than a Globetrotters vs Generals. Absolutely jaw dropping that the NBA would have their refs make such blatantly bad calls just to get the Lakers in the playoffs over the Jazz. I never really believed the NBA would influence the outcomes of games until I watched that disaster.

Kobe tore his Achilles that game. Karmas a bitch.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,590

Post#8 » by plainballing » Sun May 11, 2014 10:10 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
GoldenState- wrote:

That was more rigged than a Globetrotters vs Generals. Absolutely jaw dropping that the NBA would have their refs make such blatantly bad calls just to get the Lakers in the playoffs over the Jazz. I never really believed the NBA would influence the outcomes of games until I watched that disaster.

Pretty much how Raptors fans feels like each and every season...
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#9 » by Golden Angel » Sun May 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Mark Jackson
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
denimourson
Rookie
And1: 615

Post#10 » by denimourson » Mon May 12, 2014 12:10 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
GoldenState- wrote:

The Jazz also cratered to allow the Lakers to even get the chance to be in the playoffs.

Brady to LBJ: Psst...hey, man you want these deflated basketballs?
DangerCurtis
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#11 » by DangerCurtis » Mon May 12, 2014 7:05 am

Am I missing something? I'm not sure why Kerr has suddenly become a highly sought after coach.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#12 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon May 12, 2014 7:48 am

He was a horrible GM and never had any experiences as a coach and somehow he gets all this hype and attention? I don't get it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion