Steve Kerr Officially Named Head Coach Of Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Steve Kerr Officially Named Head Coach Of Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 19, 2014 5:57 pm

The Golden State Warriors have named Steve Kerr the team’s new head coach.

Kerr will be introduced in a press conference on Tuesday.

“We’re very pleased to introduce Steve Kerr as our new head coach,” Bob Myers said in a statement. “We are confident that he will be an extremely good fit for our team and our organization as we venture into the future. The fact that he played for several of the greatest coaches in the history of the game – including Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich – will serve him well, as will the many nuances that he learned from performing on the brightest stage during his incredibly successful, championship-filled career.”

“I’m really excited about the unique opportunity to coach a very talented team and work for this committed management group,” Kerr said in a statement. “In my estimation, the Warriors, from top to bottom, have become one of the marquee organizations in the NBA in recent years. I’m looking forward to becoming part of that environment and building upon the success of the last two seasons.”

Kerr, 48, joins Golden State after spending the last four seasons as a color commentator with TNT, his second stint with the network. Prior to rejoining TNT in 2010, Kerr spent three seasons as the President of Basketball Operations and General Manager for the Phoenix Suns from 2007-10.

Via RealGM Staff Report

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Steve Kerr Officially Named Head Coach Of Warriors 

Post#2 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon May 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Kerr was a pretty crappy GM. I hope he's not as bad of a head coach as he was as a GM because it's going to make Joe Lacob look like a idiot. I still believe Mark Jackson is the better head coach for the Warriors than Steve Kerr. You can make the case for Stan Van Gundy who I preferred the most after firing Jackson, but he got swept off his feet by the Detroit Pistons. Only other head coaching candidate that would of been great for the Warriors is Tom Thibodeau, but I don't believe the Bulls would let him go. It's put up or shut up time for Steve Kerr.

Return to Wiretap Discussion