Sean May To Attend Mini-Camps With Spurs, Warriors

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Sean May To Attend Mini-Camps With Spurs, Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 9, 2014 3:32 pm

Sean May will attend mini-camps this month with the San Antonio Spurs and Golden State Warriors.

May has played internationally since his last NBA stint in 2010 with the Sacramento Kings.

May was the 13th overall selection in the 2005 NBA Draft.

Via Jorge Sierra/HoopsHype

Freshtolife
Sophomore
And1: 6

Re: Sean May To Attend Mini-Camps With Spurs, Warriors 

Post#2 » by Freshtolife » Mon Jun 9, 2014 4:10 pm

This guy needs to put the McDonalds down!
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#3 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Jun 9, 2014 5:54 pm

This won't lead to anything with the Warriors. The Warriors already have David Lee, Draymond Green, and even Marreese "Can't Get Right" Speights at PF and I doubt Sean May can beat out any of those 3 guys.

Then the Warriors already have Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli, and even Ognjen Kuzmic at C. I doubt Sean May can even beat out Ognjen Kuzmic. Sean May is just a camp body that's all.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#4 » by Sn0wman » Mon Jun 9, 2014 6:00 pm

send him to the knicks, all fat players go there
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#5 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Jun 9, 2014 6:43 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:This won't lead to anything with the Warriors. The Warriors already have David Lee, Draymond Green, and even Marreese "Can't Get Right" Speights at PF and I doubt Sean May can beat out any of those 3 guys.

Then the Warriors already have Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli, and even Ognjen Kuzmic at C. I doubt Sean May can even beat out Ognjen Kuzmic. Sean May is just a camp body that's all.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs potentially signed him to a non-guaranteed deal and use him as one of their project players. Bonner and Diaw will be done very soon and Ayres/Baynes are still unknowns so May has a shot w/ the Spurs. I think May played pretty well in France so maybe he's ready for a 2nd chance if he can keep the weight down.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#6 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Jun 9, 2014 8:57 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:This won't lead to anything with the Warriors. The Warriors already have David Lee, Draymond Green, and even Marreese "Can't Get Right" Speights at PF and I doubt Sean May can beat out any of those 3 guys.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs potentially signed him to a non-guaranteed deal and use him as one of their project players. Bonner and Diaw will be done very soon and Ayres/Baynes are still unknowns so May has a shot w/ the Spurs. I think May played pretty well in France so maybe he's ready for a 2nd chance if he can keep the weight down.

The Spurs are a great organization at developing players, but they are not miracle workers haha! Sean May is a camp body at best.
Double Bubble
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#7 » by Double Bubble » Mon Jun 9, 2014 9:01 pm

I'de imagine they provide a lunch at these functions?
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#8 » by The Watcher » Mon Jun 9, 2014 9:23 pm

Double Bubble wrote:I'de imagine they provide a lunch at these functions?

Bravo! :lol:
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#9 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Jun 9, 2014 10:29 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:

The Spurs are a great organization at developing players, but they are not miracle workers haha! Sean May is a camp body at best.

Haha yeah I know. There's no way to determine whether Sean has improved unless we actually see him in game time action. He hasn't been in the NBA in a minute.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#10 » by SmashMouthRod » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 am

The spurs have a way of resurrecting guy's like May. Diaw was overweight last season and for the time he was with the Bobcats. Bonner's a guy who wouldnt make any roster and yet he's been on the spurs for years playing in key moments and making shots. Danny Green was very inconsistent dating back to his UNC days; and the list goes on.

Return to Wiretap Discussion