Greg Monroe Expects Multiple Suitors In Free Agency, Not Ruling Out Pistons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Greg Monroe Expects Multiple Suitors In Free Agency, Not Ruling Out Pistons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Greg Monroe expects a bevy of suitors as a restricted free agent next month, including possible interest from the Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Charlotte Hornets and Atlanta Hawks.

"From what I have been told, it'll be like that (college recruiting) a little bit," Monroe said. "But the NBA has really strict rules and you can't talk about it until July 1. Different things come out about teams who are interested, but I won't know for sure until July 1 when I can actually talk to them."

"I'm hoping and praying that I will have some options. As it looks right now I will have some. But I am just preparing myself and doing the normal things that I would around this time, working out. And on July 1, I'll be with my agent and we'll go through the process together."

The New Orleans Pelicans have made inquiries to the Pistons about a potential sign-and-trade scenario, according to a source.

Monroe has been in contact with the Detroit Pistons' front office and is not ruling out a return to the team. The trio of Monroe, Andre Drummond and Josh Smith did not prove successful this season.

"I've been in communication with [Stan] Van Gundy," Monroe said. "I met with him and he understands the position I am in right now and I am going to go through the process. I haven't met (new general manager Jeff) Bower yet. But I have met with Van Gundy and have kept in constant contact with him through text messages."

Via Nakia Hogan/New Orleans Times-Picayune

PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Re: Greg Monroe Expects Multiple Suitors In Free Agency, Not 

Post#2 » by PDX_DL0 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Its cause Gundy wants you on the team. He just hates J.Smith haha.
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#3 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:51 pm

If the Pistons were smart they'd trade Josh Smith for Danilo Galinari and re-sign Monroe. Should have never traded Knight for Jennings and they should have drafted Burke instead of Pope.
mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#4 » by mjw9191 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:If the Pistons were smart they'd trade Josh Smith for Danilo Galinari and re-sign Monroe. Should have never traded Knight for Jennings and they should have drafted Burke instead of Pope.

Maybe they should fire Bower and hire you.
Go Magic
Junior
And1: 122

Post#5 » by Go Magic » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:59 pm

mjw9191 wrote:
Tiesto_Lakers wrote:If the Pistons were smart they'd trade Josh Smith for Danilo Galinari and re-sign Monroe. Should have never traded Knight for Jennings and they should have drafted Burke instead of Pope.

I don't think Bower would have made such bone headed moves either.
tooler wrote:Our team is like a greenhouse with a few wise old horticulturalists. Everyone has a chance to grow.

Orlwillbeback wrote:Exum has shown me more in his draftexpress video than wiggins has shown all year. wiggins just isnt that good.
mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#6 » by mjw9191 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Go Magic wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:

I don't think Knight for Jennings is a boneheaded move, but the Josh Smith signing was so stupid. They drafted Pope based on need/fit rather than talent, and taking Burke at the time wouldn't have made much sense, but hindsight is 20/20.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#7 » by 2Mas » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:51 am

Don't see the Dal, Atl, Cha needing. He's big but he's not a banger. No need for Dal. Not an athletic shot blocker so no need in Atl & kinda like a knock off Al Jeff, don't see the fit in Cha.

LAL would be a good fit. They'll overpay him too. If they can get an athletic 4 or 5 man. Monroe on a 14m deal is definitely doable for LAL.

I think the NOP fit is perfect. Next to Davis?! That'd be great. Those 2 fit perfect. They gotta do something for that Det Nop S&T.

Also SAS, but idt they'll over pay him like that.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#8 » by MCtripDub » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:14 am

come to philly! him and nerlens would potentially be the best young front court duo in the eastern conference, maybe even the nba!
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Kevin Love + Greg Monroe Front court in Boston?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#10 » by kobe48306 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Donnyxc wrote:Kevin Love + Greg Monroe Front court in Boston?

With Rondo healthy at PG. Boy, that sounds great!
Monroe sure deserves better than where he is at currently. Detroit does not appreciate Moose. He can be a perennial all-star.
Gannet
Junior
And1: 20

Post#11 » by Gannet » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:48 pm

MCtripDub wrote:come to philly! him and nerlens would potentially be the best young front court duo in the eastern conference, maybe even the nba!

Because Noel is clearly already a proven commodity.
Grouch86
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Grouch86 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:59 am

Go Magic wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:

Yes Bower would he was horrible in the then New Orleans Hornets as GM
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#13 » by CHAMPi0N » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:09 am

kobe48306 wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:Kevin Love + Greg Monroe Front court in Boston?

With Rondo healthy at PG. Boy, that sounds great!
Monroe sure deserves better than where he is at currently. Detroit does not appreciate Moose. He can be a perennial all-star.

lol this would be the most defensively-inept front court duo since McBob and Al Jefferson

Return to Wiretap Discussion