Bulls Pursuing Trade With Magic For Arron Afflalo

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Bulls Pursuing Trade With Magic For Arron Afflalo 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:35 pm

The Chicago Bulls are pursuing a trade with the Orlando Magic for Arron Afflalo.

Afflalo has two seasons remaining on his contract with an Early Termination Option for next summer.

It is unclear how the Bulls' pursuit of Afflalo would impact their chances to acquire Carmelo Anthony.

Chicago owns the 16th and 19th overall picks in the draft, and assuredly one of those selections would be included in a possible package with the Magic.

Afflalo will make $7.5 million this upcoming season and can opt in to a $7.75 million deal in the summer of 2015.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Re: Bulls Pursuing Trade With Magic For Arron Afflalo 

Post#2 » by watpho71 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:52 pm

This would be an easy acquisition and within budget. This has draft day trade written all over it. You can hear Adam Silver now, "And with the 16th pick, the Chicago Bulls send…"
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#3 » by jakebernat » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:03 pm

i've been saying afflalo to the bulls forever now. i'm honestly surprised it's taken this long. he's a perfect fit there.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,561

Post#4 » by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Would definitely be an interesting fit for Chicago. He could come in and help bring scoring to that team. I wonder if they would still try and pursue Carmelo as well or keep Jimmy Butler in the starting lineup. Could you imagine a lineup of:

Rose
Afflalo
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

6th man: Jimmy Butler

That would be an instant championship contender. They finally mix their top defense with some good offensive production.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Post#5 » by The Watcher » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:44 pm

What's in it for the Magic? Afflalo is one of their best players and is on a bargain deal considering his production
StJoesBasketball22
Pro Prospect
And1: 117

Post#6 » by StJoesBasketball22 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:35 pm

StikWitEM wrote:Would definitely be an interesting fit for Chicago. He could come in and help bring scoring to that team. I wonder if they would still try and pursue Carmelo as well or keep Jimmy Butler in the starting lineup. Could you imagine a lineup of:

Rose
Afflalo
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

That would be an instant championship contender. They finally mix their top defense with some good offensive production.

Contender yes, but nothing about that lineup screams Champions IMO. We still need that star firepower to put us over the top.

At one point in my life, I was convinced Saer Sene was going to be our teams savior.
10acious
Junior
And1: 13

Post#7 » by 10acious » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:42 pm

AA has an ETO after next season. He will likely opt out of his bargain deal and want to be overpaid on a longer-term deal, which the Bulls won't do for a 30-year old role player. So you have to figure that his new team will have him only on a one-year rental.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#8 » by gom » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:57 pm

The Watcher wrote:What's in it for the Magic? Afflalo is one of their best players and is on a bargain deal considering his production

The Magic fans and the press here don't see Arron as part of the team. They would rather have the draft picks. Permanent restructure mode at the moment... Also, every draft pick player is seen as a savior. It's ahistorical and bizarre, but it comes from losing so much probably.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#9 » by gom » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Of course that could change. If it does, the Magic will miss Afflalo.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#10 » by TheBallDoLie » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:08 pm

What are the Bulls trading? The Bulls main trade pieces are Gibson and Butler. Would Orlando want Butler considering they have harkless and Oladipo? Would I trade Gibson for AA? That's giving up a lot for just AA.
closedcannon
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#11 » by closedcannon » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:44 pm

StJoesBasketball22 wrote:
StikWitEM wrote:Would definitely be an interesting fit for Chicago. He could come in and help bring scoring to that team. I wonder if they would still try and pursue Carmelo as well or keep Jimmy Butler in the starting lineup. Could you imagine a lineup of:

Rose
Afflalo
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

Contender yes, but nothing about that lineup screams Champions IMO. We still need that star firepower to put us over the top.
this screams guaranteed to make it to the finals theres only two effective systems in the nba spurs, and bulls, with those two pieces we would destroy the east plus you know we would acquire some good bench players for cheep considering all the free agents this summer
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#12 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:52 pm

StJoesBasketball22 wrote:Contender yes, but nothing about that lineup screams Champions IMO. We still need that star firepower to put us over the top.

Anthony is Melo's last name. That line up does have the star fire power. AA would be a good fit with Melo too, they have played well together in the past. If Rose is healthy, that team is real scarey.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#13 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:08 pm

closedcannon wrote:
StJoesBasketball22 wrote:

Rose
Afflalo
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

this screams guaranteed to make it to the finals theres only two effective systems in the nba spurs, and bulls, with those two pieces we would destroy the east plus you know we would acquire some good bench players for cheep considering all the free agents this summer

That team would easily go to the Eastern Conference Final against the Heat that's IF LeBron stays, but the big question is how are the Bulls going to get Carmelo Anthony? If they trade for Arron Afflalo, they won't have enough money to sign Carmelo Anthony even if they did amnesty Carlos Boozer.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#14 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:46 pm

TheBallDoLie wrote:What are the Bulls trading? The Bulls main trade pieces are Gibson and Butler. Would Orlando want Butler considering they have harkless and Oladipo? Would I trade Gibson for AA? That's giving up a lot for just AA.

Probably draft picks. Bulls have two 1st round picks this year, and two in 2015.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#15 » by CraZyPraiZ » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Would love to see Aaron on a team fighting for a championship. We are not there yet so I'd be all for this. Aaron is a solid solid starter not a role player. More importantly he is a class act, has paid his dues and deserves a shot. If Chicago can add Melo then no doubt they compete for a title.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,321

Post#16 » by Scalabrine » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Rose
Afflalo
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

Yep and totally possible under the cap :I

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Go Knicks!
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 238

Post#17 » by Risk Addict » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:57 pm

TheBallDoLie wrote:What are the Bulls trading? The Bulls main trade pieces are Gibson and Butler. Would Orlando want Butler considering they have harkless and Oladipo? Would I trade Gibson for AA? That's giving up a lot for just AA.

Mirotic?
benjirh
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#18 » by benjirh » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 am

Yep and totally possible under the cap :I

I almost went off until I re-read it and noticed the hint of sarcasm.
DrJagaloon
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#19 » by DrJagaloon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:39 am

Mirotic has publicly said he doesnt want to go anywhere but Chicago. I dont know who they could send. Mayne SnT with DJ? A pick would also alleviate cap holds on this season so with Boozer gone Butler gone and a few picks it woyld give the Bulls (with the 7.5 mil) about 15 in cap space. Maybe they think Melo will come for that. I dont think it is a good idea. I see "The Bulls big splash is AA" in the papers...
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 413

Post#20 » by The Hypnotoad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:43 am

Rose
Afflalo
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

And how do you plan to assemble that team without giving up Butler or Gibson for either Afflalo or Anthony? :crazy:

Return to Wiretap Discussion