Bulls Offering Gibson, Snell, Two Picks To Wolves For Kevin Love

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bulls Offering Gibson, Snell, Two Picks To Wolves For Kevin Love 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:27 pm

The Chicago Bulls are offering Taj Gibson, Tony Snell, plus the No. 16 and No. 19 picks in this week's draft to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love.

The Bulls are believed to prefer Carmelo Anthony, who will become a free agent on July 1.

Gibson is signed through the 16-17 season.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

Koshermamba
Freshman
And1: 7

Re: Bulls Offering Gibson, Snell, Two Picks To Wolves For Ke 

Post#2 » by Koshermamba » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Solid offer. Flip Saunders needs to realize that Love is gone and take what he can before Minnesota gets nothing and Love departs in FA
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#3 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 pm

I like but want melo
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#4 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 pm

That doesn't work under CBA. Bulls would have to include a minimum of another $2.4 million in salary. If they included Dunleavy, the deal would work.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#5 » by DJ3thenew23 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:46 pm

This would be a Masai-esque fleecing of Minnys management.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#6 » by Thorn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:I like but want melo

D-Rose does not think Melo is a good teammate. So good luck there, when your often injured star and face of your franchise disses another star he refuses to help recruit but in the same breath talks up another player. I do not see it happening.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#7 » by MaxRider » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:08 pm

really? i thought Bulls promised Gibson he'll be their starting PF next season
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#8 » by pylb » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:That doesn't work under CBA. Bulls would have to include a minimum of another $2.4 million in salary. If they included Dunleavy, the deal would work.

Are you including the two picks' salaries ?
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#9 » by pylb » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Thorn wrote:

D-Rose does not think Melo is a good teammate. So good luck there, when your often injured star and face of your franchise disses another star he refuses to help recruit but in the same breath talks up another player. I do not see it happening.

Those words came from Love's camp. Rose is on record saying he'd like to get Melo.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#10 » by LApwnd » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:21 pm

not great but not good either...this is why Chi never gets their guys in trades. They never want to give up anything.
bagsboy
Veteran
And1: 460

Post#11 » by bagsboy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:36 pm

When a star leaves a team......they usually don't get full value.
The Bulls offer is more than fair for this situation.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,513

Post#12 » by panthermark » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:That doesn't work under CBA. Bulls would have to include a minimum of another $2.4 million in salary. If they included Dunleavy, the deal would work.

Bulls have some non-guranteed salary that can be added.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#13 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Thorn wrote:

Really? Dude...been out with a torn retina.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#14 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:46 pm

LApwnd wrote:not great but not good either...this is why Chi never gets their guys in trades. They never want to give up anything.

Gibson, Snell and TWO 1ST rounders is not something? What else do you want them to give? Noah?
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#15 » by IMAN5 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:51 pm

if the Wolves declined the celtics earlier picks + Sullinger or Olynyk, then the Bulls need to step up this offer.
instagram.com/510movement
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#16 » by LApwnd » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:52 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
LApwnd wrote:not great but not good either...this is why Chi never gets their guys in trades. They never want to give up anything.

Gibson, Snell and TWO 1ST rounders is not something? What else do you want them to give? Noah?

you need pieces to build for the future when you trade for a star of Loves calibre...you really think Minn can build that with Gibson as the center piece? 16/19 are nothing more than role players if you're lucky and Snells is just a throw away piece for Chi, just like how they threw away Teagues.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#17 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:58 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:

It's not nothing but consider what the Knicks gave up for Carmelo Anthony is what I'd imagine the Wolves are looking for (minimally) in value. And the Knicks gave up Gallinari (who was averaging 15/5 as a 22 year old) and Wilson Chandler (who was averaging 16/6 as a 23 year old) both of who you can argue was at least as good as Gibson at the time of the trade (not to mention 4 to 5 years younger...see rebuild) along with an unprotected 1st round pick, Timofey Mozgov, a pick swap option (again unprotected) and a PG that, at the time, was averaging 17/9 (Felton). And even then Denver hasn't really gotten great value out of that deal as they are struggling as well trying to find some cohesiveness and direction. Gibson being 28 years old doesn't really plug in well to a rebuild ESPECIALLY when you consider that he'll be owed about $8.5 million per year for the next 3 years (not exactly cheap for a guy who has averaged 9/6 for his career).
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#18 » by Marty McFly » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:03 pm

:lol:
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#19 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:03 pm

moocow007 wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

It's not nothing but consider what the Knicks gave up for Carmelo Anthony is what I'd imagine the Wolves are looking for (minimally) in value. And the Knicks gave up Gallinari (who was averaging 15/5 as a 22 year old) and Wilson Chandler (who was averaging 16/6 as a 23 year old) both of who you can argue was at least as good as Gibson at the time of the trade (not to mention 4 to 5 years younger...see rebuild) along with an unprotected 1st round pick, Timofey Mozgov, a pick swap option (again unprotected) and a PG that, at the time, was averaging 17/9 (Felton). And even then Denver hasn't really gotten great value out of that deal as they are struggling as well trying to find some cohesiveness and direction.

Other than the Knicks there aren't that many teams stupid enough to give up that much, especially since they were pretty much bidding against themselves. A Dwight Howard type trade is much more likely especially if Love doesn't agree to an extension right away
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#20 » by Thorn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:06 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Thorn wrote:

Really? Dude...been out with a torn retina.

Yep.

"According to sources"

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... o-anthony/

Return to Wiretap Discussion