Kings, Pistons Discuss Josh Smith Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kings, Pistons Discuss Josh Smith Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:50 pm

The Sacramento Kings have discussed a trade for Josh Smith with the Detroit Pistons.

The Kings could send Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams as part of a trade package for Smith.

Rajon Rondo has also been a target of interest for the Kings, who is a close friend of Smith.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

devilsace
Junior
And1: 334

Re: Kings, Pistons Discuss Josh Smith Trade 

Post#2 » by devilsace » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:07 pm

a roster of isaiah Thomas, Ben Mclemore, Rudy Gay, Josh Smith and Demarcus Cousins looks formidable on paper but i dont think there is enough shots to go around lol
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#3 » by RaptorRed » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:10 pm

LOLLLL

JSmith and Rudy chucking up shots .. this i gotta see , please get Jennings in the trade as well , I want to see Cousins punch one of his teamates for taking too many stupid shots.
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#4 » by dballislife » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:33 pm

smith is regressing but i blame pistons for making him a 3, hes been a power forward for some time now, plus hes aging so why the heck would u put him on the wing guarding speedy players...play him at the 4 and hes still a decent player imo, still not worth the 14m over next 3 but still good
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#5 » by saltybs » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:54 pm

just to reiterate what everyone has already said: LOL. So much huckery on the Kings if this actually happens.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#6 » by CHAMPi0N » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Oh man, have mercy on the Kings' head coach if this happens...
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#7 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:07 pm

RaptorRed wrote:LOLLLL

JSmith and Rudy chucking up shots .. this i gotta see , please get Jennings in the trade as well , I want to see Cousins punch one of his teamates for taking too many stupid shots.

If they get Brandon Jennings as well, that team is a MUST WATCH TV :lol: :lol: :lol:
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#8 » by thegreenlife » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Lol Kings keep on targetting Rondo even tho he clearly stated that he doesn't want to be in SacTown
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#9 » by lakersin4 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Oh man.. Smoove, Rudy, Cousins, IT on 1 team? That would be hilarious.
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#10 » by WizardsWorld » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Pistons would be lucky if the Kings bailed them out of that mess.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 am

Thomas needs to be signed, Cousins and Gay already have huge contracts. I guess the Kings want to create a $100 million payroll of non-all-star level players?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#12 » by Jukeness » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:06 am

This is why you dont sign Josh Smith in the first place. You're just going to want to trade him after a year.
esperanzafleet
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#13 » by esperanzafleet » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:40 am

Jukeness wrote:This is why you dont sign Josh Smith in the first place. You're just going to want to trade him after a year.

i cant wait to see how smith and cousins mesh..
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#14 » by Temuhjan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:45 am

With no one to play the D, this team will give up 110 points every night. Sactown should really take a look at signing Channing Frye instead.
BlackKnight
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#15 » by BlackKnight » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:11 am

Popovich would make this team a top 5 seed....if he were able to reel in the chuckery
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#16 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:26 am

If Malone can get Smith to not chuck up every shot and focus on rebounding/defense, this trade may not actually be bad then how most are expecting and Smith would be playing his natural position PF.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#17 » by Temuhjan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:09 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:If Malone can get Smith to not chuck up every shot and focus on rebounding/defense, this trade may not actually be bad then how most are expecting and Smith would be playing his natural position PF.

I am not too optimistic of that scenario. I think Julius Randle will complement DeMarcus Cousins much better than J-Smoove. The other team needs for the Kings is a lockdown swingman to clean up for Rudy Gay on the defensive end. Someone like Thabo Sefolosha will fit quite well.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#18 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 am

Temuhjan wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:If Malone can get Smith to not chuck up every shot and focus on rebounding/defense, this trade may not actually be bad then how most are expecting and Smith would be playing his natural position PF.

I am not too optimistic of that scenario. I think Julius Randle will complement DeMarcus Cousins much better than J-Smoove. The other team needs for the Kings is a lockdown swingman to clean up for Rudy Gay on the defensive end. Someone like Thabo Sefalonsa will fit quite well.

If Cousins improves on the defensive end, I think Randle/Cousins could work. Is Rudy Gay really that bad on the defensive end? I always thought of him as an average, maybe above average defender. Thabo off the bench or as a starter?
esperanzafleet
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#19 » by esperanzafleet » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:01 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:

I am not too optimistic of that scenario. I think Julius Randle will complement DeMarcus Cousins much better than J-Smoove. The other team needs for the Kings is a lockdown swingman to clean up for Rudy Gay on the defensive end. Someone like Thabo Sefalonsa will fit quite well.

If Cousins improves on the defensive end, I think Randle/Cousins could work. Is Rudy Gay really that bad on the defensive end? I always thought of him as an average, maybe above average defender. Thabo off the bench or as a starter?

doesnt matter how good rudy gay would be on defense if they had josh smith tho, because gay could just take the easier player out of the 3 or 4. just gives them much more defensive versatility..
juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Post#20 » by juduking » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:06 am

Maybe if there was some three point shooting in the deal. Who were the other expiring players in the deal? Stan Van Gundy isn't stupid. He knows how well Josh Smith can play when put in a proper situation. He coached against the guy for how many years in Orlando and Miami? We need Greg Monroe more than Smith, but not at the expense of a lateral trade. If we can move Monroe in a sign and trade for a 3 and D player on the wing then Smith goes back to his more natural position at the 4 where he was a borderline all star for many years in ATL
"Ball Don't Lie"!

Return to Wiretap Discussion