Warriors See Trade For Love As Putting Them In Position For LeBron

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors See Trade For Love As Putting Them In Position For LeBron 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:57 pm

The Golden State Warriors remain interested in trading for Kevin Love, but they don't want to expand the deal beyond Klay Thompson and David Lee for Love and Kevin Martin.

The Warriors are attempting to protect their assets and also don't want to give up a future first round pick without protections.

Chad Ford said on ESPN LA 710 AM that the Warriors are also eyeing LeBron James as their next move if they are able to acquire Love.

“At the end of the day, I don’t think there’s a better Kevin Love deal for the Wolves than what the Warriors can offer, said Ford. "And I think the Warriors are very motivated to get Kevin Love in part I think not just because he’s an upgrade over David Lee, but in part because I think that now that you can have a Steph Curry and you have a Kevin Love, I think they feel at that point that they could be credible suitors for LeBron James,” Ford said.

“There are many suitors that are hoping to be credible suitors for LeBron James, but I think the Warriors can make a compelling case for him if they had Curry and Love. They’re perfect complements to LeBron James.”

The Warriors would need to clear cap space for James by trading away Andre Iguodala and Andrew Bogut.

Via Diamond Leung/San Jose Mercury News

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Re: Warriors See Trade For Love As Putting Them In Position  

Post#2 » by floppymoose » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm taking my talents to the bay?
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:15 pm

If they complete the trade with Wolves and dump Iguodala and Bogut for future picks, they Warriors could potentially offer a 4 year, $84 million deal.

Curry/Nedovic/FA
Martin/Crawford
James/Barnes
Love/Green/FA
Ezeli/Speightts/Ozmic
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#4 » by azwfan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Wouldn't need to trade Bogut. Would just need to trade Iguodala, Speights, Martin (if we are stuck with him after Love trade), Barnes, Nedovic, Kuzmic, Green, Ezeli... yeah, might be easier to just trade Iggy and Bogut.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#5 » by LiSTWithLani » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:28 pm

I think that Iguodala is majorly underrated (Bogut too) and would give up a lot to get them.

That said, would they be that great of a team without those two playing defense to compliment Curry and Love.

LBJ fits anywhere - ideally beside shooters, but defense is equally important.
Special-K
Senior
And1: 26

Post#6 » by Special-K » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:30 pm

No thanks. I want to build a championship, not buy one. Stay in Miami.
larry1015
Sophomore
And1: 11
Location: When I roar like a Grizzly, people say Damn, he gets busy!

Post#7 » by larry1015 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Special-K wrote:No thanks. I want to build a championship, not buy one. Stay in Miami.

If that's the case, maybe you can convince Rick Barry to come out of retirement.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#8 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Special-K wrote:No thanks. I want to build a championship, not buy one. Stay in Miami.

As much as I respect San Antonio building a contender vs. Miami buying one, does it really matter?. A championship is a championship.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#9 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Curry, Love, Lebron....nice....

Curry, Love, Lebron AND Bogut...spectacular.

Bogut is so underated. There is not a better defensive rim protector in the league...period.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#10 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Interesting....Spurs just STOMPED Miami with their "big three". Warriors could be closer to a Spurs type team with curry, klay, Lee, Iggy, Bogut with Green and Barnes and maybe Gasol off the bench....

Curry, Klay, Iggy, Lee, Bogut
vs
Curry, ? , Lebron, Love, Ezeli

Which is the better team?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Special-K
Senior
And1: 26

Post#11 » by Special-K » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:

As much as I respect San Antonio building a contender vs. Miami buying one, does it really matter?. A championship is a championship.

Yes, it does. What respect do the HEAT get for letting the whole team except Wade expire and recruit the best player in the game (Lebron) and a top 3 PF at the time (Bosh). Whats the point of even playing at that point.

Is it fun for you to go to the park, pick up all the best players, and beat a bunch of young boys? That's corny.

At least if we did it, it would be legit as we drafted Curry then drafted Klay to get Love, followed by whatever we gave up to get Lebron. Honestly, I just don't like Lebron as he has turned NBA free agency into this big charade of elite players teaming up together. It kills small market teams and just doesn't look good.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#12 » by Jester_ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:28 pm

That's reta*ded. Why's free agency less legitimate than other methods? Feel free to sit there whacking off to photos of Monta Ellis and Mark Jackson, the rest of us Warriors fans can enjoy actually winning.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#13 » by real1g » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:36 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Interesting....Spurs just STOMPED Miami with their "big three". Warriors could be closer to a Spurs type team with curry, klay, Lee, Iggy, Bogut with Green and Barnes and maybe Gasol off the bench....

Curry, Klay, Iggy, Lee, Bogut
vs
Curry, ? , Lebron, Love, Ezeli

Which is the better team?

The second one. And, it's not close. At all.
rpn123321
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#14 » by rpn123321 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Warriors think they can acquire a player like Love for practically nothing??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL FOOLS.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#15 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:

3 franchise players...
also there were: lewis-allen-battier-miller-chalmers-c.andersen-m.beasyey like veterans who can play 20+ minutes in other teams.
in nba system there could be 2 different team from heat for the east. and these 2 could get in a real action to win in east.

east is mess. the reason is heat. lebron could be in cavs and they would be in playoffs, conference final.
if toronto have bosh they could go further than this years team.
if m.beasley stayed with d.wade and some other folks in heat he could be allstar player and they could make pushes in some seasons.

also other dudes like battier-allen-lewis etc could save boston or some other team.

all in all, getting 3 franchise calibred player+6-7 veterans who still can play 20+ minutes on every nba team isnt honourable. even you get a ring its not respected like SPURS. it wont!
Jonatton Yeah
Veteran
And1: 4,062

Post#16 » by Jonatton Yeah » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 pm

rpn123321 wrote:Warriors think they can acquire a player like Love for practically nothing??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL FOOLS.

Famous last words. And it's hardly "nothing." lolololololololololololololololol (more a chuckle; because what, really, do you know about the inner-workings of an NBA franchise let alone two).
That's hilarious and co
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#17 » by Mykhyn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Curry, Love, Lebron....nice....

Curry, Love, Lebron AND Bogut...spectacular.

Bogut is so underated. There is not a better defensive rim protector in the league...period.

Stats put him at 27th best rim protecting big man(based on shots within 5 feet against him).
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#18 » by urinesane » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 pm

They aren't getting Love then.

That's a terrible deal for the Wolves.
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#19 » by damecurry » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Sigh. A championships a championship. Say what you will of Pat Riley and the heat, they have four finals appearances and two titles in the last four years. Warriors have a second round appearance.
I do worry about giving up everyone except Curry/Barnes/Green to acquire Love/Lebron. It's an absolutely scary big-three but we do need some backup/defense to go with that. Andre is perfect at the 2 there, or Bogut at the five. If you can keep one of them for defense and make this happen, I don't see how we're not the new favorites for the next three years at least.
kb all day
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#20 » by kb all day » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:

The big 3 in San Antonio took pay cuts just like the big 3 in Miami. Basically doing the same in doing so, which is buying a Championship. That's why what Kobe did is much more respectable, and everybody knows NOBODY wants a Championship RIGHT NOW more than Kobe. Real Talk

Return to Wiretap Discussion