Knicks Decline Qualifying Offer On Toure Murry

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Decline Qualifying Offer On Toure Murry 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm

The New York Knicks declined to make the qualifying offer to Toure Murry.

Murry will become an unrestricted free agent.

The Knicks are still interested in re-signing Murry.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

skflives
Banned User
And1: 281

Re: Knicks Decline Qualifying Offer On Toure Murry 

Post#2 » by skflives » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Stupid move. The QO on him wouldn't have cost much and wouldn't have interfered with next years plans. Why not put the QO on him. If another team wants him bad enough to offer multiple years then don't match it. Otherwise secure his services and hope he turns into something. A team as old as the Knicks should let cheap young players get away.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#3 » by 2thehoopand1 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:08 pm

He was one the few players who played at the average level for the Knicks. I'm sure he will find a back up job.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,963

Post#4 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:22 pm

skflives wrote:Stupid move. The QO on him wouldn't have cost much and wouldn't have interfered with next years plans. Why not put the QO on him. If another team wants him bad enough to offer multiple years then don't match it. Otherwise secure his services and hope he turns into something. A team as old as the Knicks should let cheap young players get away.

how many guards do the knicks need on their roster?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
skflives
Banned User

Post#5 » by skflives » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:
skflives wrote:Stupid move. The QO on him wouldn't have cost much and wouldn't have interfered with next years plans. Why not put the QO on him. If another team wants him bad enough to offer multiple years then don't match it. Otherwise secure his services and hope he turns into something. A team as old as the Knicks should let cheap young players get away.

Its only June. I'll worry about trimming the depth chart when the season gets closer.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,963

Post#6 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:47 am

skflives wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:

Its only June. I'll worry about trimming the depth chart when the season gets closer.

if the knicks want toure murry, they could probably offer him a contract later. every dollar counts right now. i don't think there will be a line around the block for his services.

and if someone takes him... he's not a player you cry a river over. but if anything, he might not even be worth the QO. so why bid against yourself?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
skflives
Banned User

Post#7 » by skflives » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:14 am

Ron Mexico wrote:
skflives wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:

if the knicks want toure murry, they could probably offer him a contract later. every dollar counts right now. i don't think there will be a line around the block for his services.

and if someone takes him... he's not a player you cry a river over. but if anything, he might not even be worth the QO. so why bid against yourself?

We're like 50 billion dollars over the cap right now. A 1 million dollar qualifying offer isn't going to make much of a difference. And other teams are interested in him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion