George David Steps Down As Assistant GM Of Pistons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

George David Steps Down As Assistant GM Of Pistons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 2, 2014 12:34 am

George David has stepped down as assistant general manager of the Detroit Pistons.

“George David has informed general manager Jeff Bower and I that he has made the decision to step down as assistant general manager,” said Stan Van Gundy, Detroit Piston Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations. “We wish George well in his future endeavors.”

"17 years, an NBA Championship, and a multitude of spectacular people make me truly grateful for the experience I had with the Detroit Pistons,” said David. “I want to wish Stan and his staff the best as they go forward. And, I want to especially thank Tom Gores, Bob Wentworth, and Phil Norment for not only their true professionalism but also their class and friendship. I could not have asked for anything more."

David was promoted to his current position in July of 2012 and has served in various front office roles during his 17 years with the team. He served as director of player personnel from 2007-2012 and also director of scouting, a position he was appointed to in August of 2002. The Detroit native was first hired as video coordinator by former head coach Doug Collins during the 1996-97 season.

Via RealGM Staff Report

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Re: George David Steps Down As Assistant GM Of Pistons 

Post#2 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jul 2, 2014 2:47 am

Someone who doesn't want to be associated with the Jodie Meeks deal? That's mean of me to say, I'm sure he stepped down for personal reasons.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#3 » by NashtyNas » Wed Jul 2, 2014 6:32 am

I think it COULD have something to do with the new voices in the FO. He may feel like his input is no longer valuable and a lot of self respecting people don't like to work just to work. However you may be right and it could just be personal reasons. Whatever it is, I wish him luck. We'll see him pop up somewhere sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#4 » by caronimo » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:33 pm

he's not a SVG hire and mostly worked with Joe Dumars over his career. Maybe good for both sides to move on.

Return to Wiretap Discussion