Derrick Rose Was Coincidentally At United Center During Carmelo's Visit

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Derrick Rose Was Coincidentally At United Center During Carmelo's Visit 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 5, 2014 4:18 pm

Derrick Rose was coincidentally at the United Center in the middle of his daily workout routine while the Chicago Bulls were meeting with Carmelo Anthony and was not part of the official recruiting pitch.

Sources say Rose was actually surprised to see Anthony as he had no idea what time he would be visiting the Bulls.

Rose broke up his workout to approach Anthony and said a brief hello, but that was the extent of his participation in the Bulls' recruitment.

Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson were officially part of the Bulls' pitch to Anthony, but the team never asked Rose to join in.

"Derrick wasn't bothered that he wasn't a part of it," a source said. "He was just kind of shocked, like, 'Man, I didn't get the memo.'"

Rose had previously said that he wouldn't be involved in recruiting Anthony.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Derrick Rose Was Coincidentally At United Center During  

Post#2 » by mohammed10 » Sat Jul 5, 2014 6:09 pm

Coincidence? I think not!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Calendorce
Ballboy
And1: 74

Post#3 » by Calendorce » Sat Jul 5, 2014 6:16 pm

This makes no sense! Why would Derek Rose be doing a workout in the same gym he does his daily workout at?
The Kane
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#4 » by The Kane » Sat Jul 5, 2014 6:21 pm

This isn't true.
"This game has always been, and will always be about buckets."

- Bill Russell
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#5 » by verbal8 » Sat Jul 5, 2014 6:23 pm

mohammed10 wrote:Coincidence? I think not!

Yeah at the very least the Bulls planned this, even if Rose wasn't in on it.
datmi
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#6 » by datmi » Sat Jul 5, 2014 6:57 pm

KC Johnson: Derrick Rose part of pitch to Carmelo Anthony from the start

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 7449.story
Vash wrote:Lebron is way better than Jordan. Put Scottie next to Patrick Ewing, Ewing wins 8 titles....sorry that's true. MJ scored points and????

greenhughes wrote:Noah is good but he ain't a star.
airaaron32
Senior
And1: 773

Post#7 » by airaaron32 » Sat Jul 5, 2014 6:59 pm

Sources sources sources.
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 240

Post#8 » by Risk Addict » Sat Jul 5, 2014 7:12 pm

Didn't they say Carmelo was coming at midnight to visit? Was Rose there practicing after then?
10acious
Junior
And1: 13

Post#9 » by 10acious » Sat Jul 5, 2014 8:24 pm

Make no mistake about it, this wasn't a coincidence. Rose does all his training and rehab (when in Chicago) at the Berto Center, the Bulls training facilities in the northern suburbs (until they finish their new facility next to UC). So there would be no other reason for Rose to be at UC other than meet Anthony. This note is just homophobic Broussard with diarrhea of the mouth trying to stir something up. Probable source was Reggie Rose, Derrick's dumb brother who has been agitating to get an input role in the Bulls' personnel decision making process, but gets continually RE-jected. Derrick's non-confrontational approach to everything make him unwilling to tell his older brother to STFU.
mswenson
Banned User
And1: 147

Post#10 » by mswenson » Sat Jul 5, 2014 8:50 pm

Calendorce wrote:This makes no sense! Why would Derek Rose be doing a workout in the same gym he does his daily workout at?

because he is fgt
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#11 » by TheBallDoLie » Sat Jul 5, 2014 9:03 pm

10acious wrote:Make no mistake about it, this wasn't a coincidence. Rose does all his training and rehab (when in Chicago) at the Berto Center, the Bulls training facilities in the northern suburbs (until they finish their new facility next to UC). So there would be no other reason for Rose to be at UC other than meet Anthony. This note is just homophobic Broussard with diarrhea of the mouth trying to stir something up. Probable source was Reggie Rose, Derrick's dumb brother who has been agitating to get an input role in the Bulls' personnel decision making process, but gets continually RE-jected. Derrick's non-confrontational approach to everything make him unwilling to tell his older brother to STFU.

Yeah I was going to say, since when do Bulls player practice at the United Center? Makes no sense. And the new practice facility isn't open yet. So Rose being there to just practice seems odd. As usually all practices, training, etc are held at the Berto center which is no where near the United Center. I never heard of a team allowing players during the off-season, or really anytime, to use the actual stadium for practice.

Seems to me Chris's sources, as usual, are his own imagination.
10acious
Junior
And1: 13

Post#12 » by 10acious » Sat Jul 5, 2014 10:12 pm

TheBallDoLie wrote:
10acious wrote:Make no mistake about it, this wasn't a coincidence. Rose does all his training and rehab (when in Chicago) at the Berto Center, the Bulls training facilities in the northern suburbs (until they finish their new facility next to UC). So there would be no other reason for Rose to be at UC other than meet Anthony. This note is just homophobic Broussard with diarrhea of the mouth trying to stir something up. Probable source was Reggie Rose, Derrick's dumb brother who has been agitating to get an input role in the Bulls' personnel decision making process, but gets continually RE-jected. Derrick's non-confrontational approach to everything make him unwilling to tell his older brother to STFU.

Yeah I was going to say, since when do Bulls player practice at the United Center? Makes no sense. And the new practice facility isn't open yet. So Rose being there to just practice seems odd. As usually all practices, training, etc are held at the Berto center which is no where near the United Center. I never heard of a team allowing players during the off-season, or really anytime, to use the actual stadium for practice.

Seems to me Chris's sources, as usual, are his own imagination.

Also from an injury risk standpoint, what training staff would be available to assist Rose in an empty UC should he get a muscle pull or tightening, or (God forbid) a knee goes out? Berto Center is set up with full facilities and a year round training staff as players and potential players come in to work out all the time.
teebonze
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#13 » by teebonze » Sun Jul 6, 2014 2:41 am

mohammed10 wrote:Coincidence? I think not!

+1
What you know about Dirk’s leadership skills is non existent. You don’t have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills….well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette?
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#14 » by JazzMatt13 » Sun Jul 6, 2014 10:45 am

What is the freaking deal. Is there some gay relationship between Rose and Melo?! Why is it so weird that they "shouldn't" be together for the pitch? To me it is dumb, the whole thing is dumb.

Am I missing something?!? What are the repercussions for Drose joining in the pitch?!? Is there a fine or something?!
Zartan
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#15 » by Zartan » Sun Jul 6, 2014 1:08 pm

New York media at it again. They scared.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need someone to set a pick for me at the free throw line of life....
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#16 » by TheBallDoLie » Sun Jul 6, 2014 4:27 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:What is the freaking deal. Is there some gay relationship between Rose and Melo?! Why is it so weird that they "shouldn't" be together for the pitch? To me it is dumb, the whole thing is dumb.

Am I missing something?!? What are the repercussions for Drose joining in the pitch?!? Is there a fine or something?!

It's really not that hard to understand. Derrick Rose has stated he doesn't want to help recruit any free agents personally. He is welcome to anyone coming to play on the Bulls, but don't expect him to go out of his way and recruit them personally. Although sources say if the front office asked him to help with a pitch to a free agent, he would be more than happy help. And who really knows how much he helped pitch Chicago to Melo. But he just ideally rather stay out of it and let the front office deal with all that stuff. It's only a big deal cause some people feel Rose should help recruit. And so some people are criticizing him for it.

Why won't Rose help recruit? Well I'm not sure, but honestly I think it has everything to do with Rose's personality. He is for the most part a shy guy. Very soft spoken. He is not that personable, well compared to most professional athletes. He is just a quiet guy who happens to be really good at basketball. All this recruiting stuff isn't in his personality. The guy doesn't even like doing interviews. It's just who he is. Like it or not.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#17 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Jul 6, 2014 9:45 pm

Droses workout are hours long. Melo wasnt coming to the UC at midnight. Coinicidence and then not so much. **** lame story.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#18 » by your boy » Sun Jul 6, 2014 11:50 pm

I knew that melo was going to be at the United Center that morning but Rose didn't? Yeah okay
da1cliq
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#19 » by da1cliq » Mon Jul 7, 2014 2:15 am

Rose aint a team player.. a-hole too bad for the Bulls..

Return to Wiretap Discussion