Brandon Rush Agrees To Deal With Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Brandon Rush Agrees To Deal With Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Brandon Rush has agreed upon a two-year deal with the Golden State Warriors.

Rush will hold a player option for the second season of the deal.

Rush was previously with the Warriors before his trade last offseason to the Utah Jazz.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Re: Brandon Rush Agrees To Deal With Warriors 

Post#2 » by real1g » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:50 pm

would be nice to see Rush return to bench-value form. Hope he can come into the season healthy & in shape. he's def had conditioning issues before. he'll be able to contribute, if so.
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#3 » by Golden Angel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 pm

He was complete garbage this year, some stupid ass gsw fans still think he's decent, yeah he was decent with gsw once, but that was on 23 win season and then he got injured and frankly I'll be happy if he isn't garbage and gives us 5pts (35-40% from 3) and plays no more than 15mpg with good defense.
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,049

Post#4 » by Jester_ » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 pm

Golden Angel wrote:He was complete garbage this year, some stupid ass gsw fans still think he's decent, yeah he was decent with gsw once, but that was on 23 win season and then he got injured and frankly I'll be happy if he isn't garbage and gives us 5pts (35-40% from 3) and plays no more than 15mpg with good defense.

Wtf? He played 400 minutes last year.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Golden Angel
Starter

Post#5 » by Golden Angel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Golden Angel wrote:He was complete garbage this year, some stupid ass gsw fans still think he's decent, yeah he was decent with gsw once, but that was on 23 win season and then he got injured and frankly I'll be happy if he isn't garbage and gives us 5pts (35-40% from 3) and plays no more than 15mpg with good defense.

Good point, but he still sucked donkey balls.

I'll be happy if he's a 15-20min guy at this stage. Which isn't bad considered he's never been on a 50+ win squad.
Golden State Warriors

SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#6 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:27 am

I love the signing, if anything just for sentimental purposes.
I loved the way he played when he was on the w's before the injury.
Glad to have him back, even if he isn't the same.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#7 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Golden Angel wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

I'll be happy if he's a 15-20min guy at this stage. Which isn't bad considered he's never been on a 50+ win squad.

I love that you're labeling Rush as a loser. He's a was a great defender and the best shooter in the NBA form the corner. We're lucky to have him back.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Golden Angel
Starter

Post#8 » by Golden Angel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:18 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Golden Angel wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

I love that you're labeling Rush as a loser. He's a was a great defender and the best shooter in the NBA form the corner. We're lucky to have him back.

I'm not labeling him as a loser. I've just never seen a guy who's ceiling is a 9ppg 3 n d guy on a average team coming back from an injury and all of a sudden be a game changer on a 50+ win team. It's stupid to even think like that. I'm being realistic, that's all. Yes he's a great 3pt shooter, but so is Ant morrow. We'll see how his defense next year, before call it great. Like I said at best he'll be what Rashard Lewis was for Miami last year, which isn't bad.
Golden State Warriors

hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#9 » by hoopnharm » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Golden Angel wrote:I'll be happy if he's a 15-20min guy at this stage. Which isn't bad considered he's never been on a 50+ win squad.

I don't think anyone out there is clamoring for him to get 30+ mpg so... I guess I agree?
Golden Angel
Starter

Post#10 » by Golden Angel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:32 pm

hoopnharm wrote:
Golden Angel wrote:I'll be happy if he's a 15-20min guy at this stage. Which isn't bad considered he's never been on a 50+ win squad.

I don't think anyone out there is clamoring for him to get 30+ mpg so... I guess I agree?

Some idiots think that he's better than Harrison Barnes and that he deserves all of his minutes. :banghead:
Golden State Warriors

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#11 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Golden Angel wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Golden Angel wrote:Good point, but he still sucked donkey balls.

I love that you're labeling Rush as a loser. He's a was a great defender and the best shooter in the NBA from the corner. We're lucky to have him back.

I'm not labeling him as a loser. I've just never seen a guy who's ceiling is a 9ppg 3 n d guy on a average team coming back from an injury and all of a sudden be a game changer on a 50+ win team. It's stupid to even think like that. I'm being realistic, that's all. Yes he's a great 3pt shooter, but so is Ant morrow. We'll see how his defense next year, before call it great. Like I said at best he'll be what Rashard Lewis was for Miami last year, which isn't bad.

"ceiling is a 9ppg 3 n d guy on a average team"
"he was decent with gsw once, but that was on 23 win season"
"he's never been on a 50+ win squad"
"stupid ass gsw fans still think he's decent"
"It's stupid to even think like that"
"at best he'll be what Rashard Lewis was for Miami last year"

You are labeling him a loser. You are summing up his contributions with a couple of statistics and diminishing them by saying he has never been on a good team. Anyone that knows anything about basketball knows you can't sum up a players contribution with a couple of statistics, and you can't rate a role players impact by his teams record. That's ridiculous.

And people are stupid if they think he could be "decent?" He was a great defender and shot 45% from behind the arc last time he was healthy. What's stupid is completely writing him off and saying his ceiling is a washed up Rashard Lewis.

Corey Brewer
Jamal Crawford
David West
Al Jefferson
Kyle Lowry

All of those guys came back from ACL injuries. No reason Rush can't. Don't write him off before you watch him, and don't call people stupid for hoping he will be able to contribute.
Golden Angel
Starter

Post#12 » by Golden Angel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Rashard Lewis in fact was a starter for the Heat at the end of the year.

How's that a loser?

All I said is that at best we can hope is that Rush will give us 10-20 decent minutes.

I'm just mad at someone who thinks that a 29 year washed up(kind of) player should get minutes over someone like HB. That's just stupid. Rush at this point needs to prove that he can play at a high level after a horrendous last year. It won't be easy, because he's nowhere near as good as guys you mentioned (maybe except brewer).
Golden State Warriors

GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#13 » by GSWBlooded93 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Golden Angel wrote:Rashard Lewis in fact was a starter for the Heat at the end of the year.

How's that a loser?

All I said is that at best we can hope is that Rush will give us 10-20 decent minutes.

I'm just mad at someone who thinks that a 29 year washed up(kind of) player should get minutes over someone like HB. That's just stupid. Rush at this point needs to prove that he can play at a high level after a horrendous last year. It won't be easy, because he's nowhere near as good as guys you mentioned (maybe except brewer).

I'm pretty sure it's because the way you speak of him, you make it seem like he's a negative asset when it has yet to be proven whether or not he'll be back to form. Even though you said he can be a Rashard Lewis type player the way you mention and describe him makes it seem like you think we just signed Andris Biedrins.

I still believe he has potential and who knows, he might have added to our wins during the season he was with us and if he does return to form, like others have been saying it would be nice to have him behind Thompson in cases where Thompson might foul out especially. I think it's too early to determine how he'll turn out, players rarely perform well after an injury, but after the second year may be different.

I do agree with you that people mentioning that he could start over Barnes is a bit absurd, but that's more of them not overvaluing Rush, but that's more because they think Barnes is garbage and undervalue his potential.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#14 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Golden Angel wrote:Rashard Lewis in fact was a starter for the Heat at the end of the year.

How's that a loser?

Rashard Lewis was terrible, and you said that "at best he would be Rashard Lewis." You are giving him an extremely low ceiling.

Golden Angel wrote:All I said is that at best we can hope is that Rush will give us 10-20 decent minutes

You actually said this...

Golden Angel wrote:stupid ass gsw fans still think he's decent

Golden Angel wrote:I'm just mad at someone who thinks that a 29 year washed up(kind of) player should get minutes over someone like HB. That's just stupid. Rush at this point needs to prove that he can play at a high level after a horrendous last year. It won't be easy, because he's nowhere near as good as guys you mentioned (maybe except brewer).

I think you're forgetting Barnes had a terrible season last year, and he can't blame that on an injury. He flat out couldn't' make open shots. If Rush is anywhere close to where he used to be and Barnes doesn't improve or takes another step back he should get minutes over Barnes.

IF

Return to Wiretap Discussion