Jannero Pargo Re-Signs With Hornets On One-Year Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jannero Pargo Re-Signs With Hornets On One-Year Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:17 pm

Free agent guard Jannero Pargo will re-sign with the Charlotte Hornets on a fully guaranteed one-year, $1.5 million deal, a league source told RealGM.

Pargo has spent the past two seasons with Charlotte, joining the team on a 10-day contract in March of 2013. In 29 games last season, Pargo averaged 4.7 points and 1.8 assists.

A 10-year NBA veteran, Pargo has become a reliable reserve for competing teams. He’s averaged 6.4 points and 35.5 percent three-point shooting while playing with the Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Toronto Raptors, New Orleans Pelicans, Atlanta Hawks, Washington Wizards and Hornets.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Re: Jannero Pargo Re-Signs With Hornets On One-Year Deal 

Post#2 » by IMAN5 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:38 pm

a reliable veteran back up pg for many yaers, backed up the likes of Chris Paul and Derrick Rose. Never understood why he struggled each and every year to get a deal and would have to join a team midseason. And almost everytime he did, when he got minutes, he would scorch opponents. He can score, and he's not going to hurt your team.

Good move for the Hornets and happy he's entering 2014-2015 with a team.
instagram.com/510movement
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Charlotte is looking nice, very nice. Only if MKG would actually come into his own too, they could be reallly scaryyy.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Penberthy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:35 pm

IMAN5 wrote:a reliable veteran back up pg for many yaers, backed up the likes of Chris Paul and Derrick Rose. Never understood why he struggled each and every year to get a deal and would have to join a team midseason. And almost everytime he did, when he got minutes, he would scorch opponents. He can score, and he's not going to hurt your team.

I've followed his whole career since seeing him play in the old summer pro league. Always loved his offense. The reason he has trouble getting a contract is because he is 6'0'' 165 pounds and has a 6'2'' wingspan and a 29 inch vert. All this translates into a person that will have a REALLY hard time guarding anyone in the nba. So basically you are paying for a player that will give you an exciting 15 minutes and 7 points per game, and will get abused on defense. I still love his game though, he is living proof that hard work and determination will get you to where you want to go, even if you aren't as naturally gifted as others. 11 years in the league for a 165 pounder is pretty dang amazing.
USER0023942
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#5 » by USER0023942 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Penberthy wrote:...he is living proof that hard work and determination will get you to where you want to go, even if you aren't as naturally gifted as others.

Imagine what his brother could do with Jannero's work ethic.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#6 » by Penberthy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:39 pm

USER0023942 wrote:
Penberthy wrote:...he is living proof that hard work and determination will get you to where you want to go, even if you aren't as naturally gifted as others.

No doubt.
USER0023942
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#7 » by USER0023942 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Penberthy wrote:
USER0023942 wrote:

No doubt.

Well I shouldn't ride him too hard. I just looked and he's making over $5 million/yr in Moscow, which is about 3x Jannero's annual salary.
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#8 » by IMAN5 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Penberthy wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:a reliable veteran back up pg for many yaers, backed up the likes of Chris Paul and Derrick Rose. Never understood why he struggled each and every year to get a deal and would have to join a team midseason. And almost everytime he did, when he got minutes, he would scorch opponents. He can score, and he's not going to hurt your team.

I've followed his whole career since seeing him play in the old summer pro league. Always loved his offense. The reason he has trouble getting a contract is because he is 6'0'' 165 pounds and has a 6'2'' wingspan and a 29 inch vert. All this translates into a person that will have a REALLY hard time guarding anyone in the nba. So basically you are paying for a player that will give you an exciting 15 minutes and 7 points per game, and will get abused on defense. I still love his game though, he is living proof that hard work and determination will get you to where you want to go, even if you aren't as naturally gifted as others. 11 years in the league for a 165 pounder is pretty dang amazing.

He doesn't even look like he has aged either. His body is in the same great shape, he's an instant offense guy who will light you up as you said for those 15 minutes he plays. I understand though he can be a defensive liability, but there are so many like that in the league.

When the Hornets didn't resign him, and he was one of Chris Paul's good friends, I remember CP3 was really upset by this, something so small but it was one of the things that lead to him wanting out of New Orleans.
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#9 » by IMAN5 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:50 pm

USER0023942 wrote:
Penberthy wrote:
USER0023942 wrote:

No doubt.

Well I shouldn't ride him too hard. I just looked and he's making over $5 million/yr in Moscow, which is about 3x Jannero's annual salary.

I'm assuming you're talking about Jeremy Pargo, if that is the case, I recall him having some pretty good games with the Cavs, and then the Cavs having made a trade had to cut him since his deal was the smallest one. He was really upset by that.

Making that money in Moscow is impressive, he'll be back in the NBA one day, or enjoy an international career.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#10 » by Anti Chalmers » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:54 pm

This guy always go off against the Magic :evil:

Return to Wiretap Discussion