Cavaliers Remain In Lead For Kevin Love

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers Remain In Lead For Kevin Love 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:32 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers' offer for Kevin Love is presently higher on the Minnesota Timberwolves' wish list than any other team. 

The Chicago Bulls are also interested in Love, while the Golden State Warriors are also involved. The Cavaliers have seemed most motivated to complete a trade, as the Warriors have held Klay Thompson out of talks and the Bulls initially pursued Carmelo Anthony in free agency.

The Cavaliers are offering Andrew Wiggins, though he now can't be traded before Aug. 23. 

Wolves' owner Glen Taylor is now believed to prefer Wiggins over Thompson.

Love initially had the Warriors and Bulls atop his wish list, but the arrival of LeBron James has put the Cavaliers on equal footing.

Via Marc Stein, Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Illyria_United
Freshman
And1: 4

Re: Cavaliers Remain In Lead For Kevin Love 

Post#2 » by Illyria_United » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Love should just go to Cleveland and get it over with.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#3 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Illyria_United wrote:Love should just go to Cleveland and get it over with.

I don't think Love is the one holding it up
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
MF Danger Mouse
Junior
And1: 77

Post#4 » by MF Danger Mouse » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Another super team, Lebron's legacy has become the biggest joke ever.
Black Lives Matter
GoldenGoose
Pro Prospect
And1: 547

Post#5 » by GoldenGoose » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:17 pm

MF Danger Mouse wrote:Another super team, Lebron's legacy has become the biggest joke ever.

Because neither Bird nor Magic ever played with incredibly good players...

Get over yourself.
BigLos2010
Junior
And1: 126

Post#6 » by BigLos2010 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:25 pm

MF Danger Mouse wrote:Another super team, Lebron's legacy has become the biggest joke ever.

Yep, teaming up with Kyrie and K-Love, two guys with zero playoff appearances between them, sure is a super team.

All stars have played together. This is not new. Plus, as we've seen, "super teams" do not always win. Further, whatever team eventually gets Kevin Love, be it G-State, Chicago, or Cleveland will be teaming him with other all-stars. Stop hating, because it makes you look petty.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#7 » by CHAMPi0N » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Let's just call it good karma for Lebron's first few years with the Cleveland Lebron's.

Can anyone name one player on those teams who is not named Anderson Varejao, Zydraunas Ilgauskas, or Boobie Gibson? So what if they get K-Love, him and Kyrie will have the biggest season of their careers on deck. Nobody can say with certainty that these players will even perform at a decent level. As for now, we can at least say the playing field has become slightly more evened out in the East.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,501

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 pm

I'd take that Chicago deal and run.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:37 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:Let's just call it good karma for Lebron's first few years with the Cleveland Lebron's.

Can anyone name one player on those teams who is not named Anderson Varejao, Zydraunas Ilgauskas, or Boobie Gibson? So what if they get K-Love, him and Kyrie will have the biggest season of their careers on deck. Nobody can say with certainty that these players will even perform at a decent level. As for now, we can at least say the playing field has become slightly more evened out in the East.

Kyrie is probably the most overrated player in basketball. The thing he is best at is ISO which is exactly the trait you need least when playing with LeBron.
Dasein
Senior
And1: 447

Post#10 » by Dasein » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I'd take that Chicago deal and run.

lol wut :crazy:
HomegrownRebel wrote: I'd rather have John Wall, Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Nene, and Paul Pierce than the Warriors team. And you can keep thinking Durant would come there. Very doubtful. He loves his hometown and area. Why would he want to live closer to fruitcakes?
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#11 » by caronimo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:47 pm

we have to sit through a whole month and listen to all this speculation since wiggins signed. :banghead:
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#12 » by thinktellectual » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Cavs are idiots if they give up Wiggins for Love.
All they have to do is convince Love (through his agent) to tell GS and other suitors that he won't re-up with them.

Then they can get him for Bennett, Waiters and a few well protected picks.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Dasein wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I'd take that Chicago deal and run.

lol wut :crazy:

Best player in college last year, plus the best player internationally plus a guy who can contribute now over the crap Minnesota would give other than Wiggins (who may or may not be a really good player at some point down the line) and the crap GS is willing to offer.
zeebo
Junior
And1: 27

Post#14 » by zeebo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 pm

It still doesn't make any sense what took so long for Wiggins to sign. Maybe he delayed the signing and was trying to showcase his abilities for the Cavs in Vegas. I personally think the trade doesn't make sense for the Cavs long term and believe that Lebron is behind all of this. Lebron just needs to chill out and take a wait and see approach. What is the rush? Is he seriously going to leave Cleveland again? I doubt it and think the Cavs should call his bluff. A team with Wiggins, Kyre and Lebron can do more then with Love on it. Reasons are as follows:

1. Love is injury prone. He has played more then 70 games 3 times in 7 years.
2. His numbers will dip with Lebron and Kyrie. It was proven in Miami that with Lebron and Wade was enough! Bosh really wasn't even needed. Yes he is a good player but I found Haslem to be more effective in the early yrs. You just need a guy to grab some rbs and score 12 pts per game.
3. As Lebron ages, Wiggins and Kyrie can take over the team. Lebron can even take nights off and the team doesn't suffer in 2 - 3 yrs.
4. Can a team really be competitive with 3 players commanding 60 million in contract obligations. Isn't that the reason Miami broke up because they couldn't get enough of a supporting cast to support Lebron? Isn't that the reason Lebron left the Cavs 1st time.
5. Can stars really be commanding so much as far as trades, etc. Jordan has proved that he is one of the worst GM's and can't evaluate talent. Why doesn't the GM just do their job already and stop bowing down to stars demands.

In the end, Lebron is not leaving a second time in a year. That would be a dumb as$ move on his part!
DJ3thenew23 says:

"I love Lebron and will follow him anywhere. Don't hate me cause I bandwagon Lebron anywhere he goes. I used to be a Cavs fan!
Boardwalker
Junior
And1: 379

Post#15 » by Boardwalker » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:17 pm

thinktellectual wrote:Cavs are idiots if they give up Wiggins for Love.
All they have to do is convince Love (through his agent) to tell GS and other suitors that he won't re-up with them.

Then they can get him for Bennett, Waiters and a few well protected picks.

I don't think the Cavs are crazy at all. Wiggins has a mediocre jumpshot, questionable handles, and has never played against NBA-level players. On the other hand, Love is a proven top-10 player who is still young and can shoot the lights out. I think it's kind of a no brainer from the Cavs' perspective.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,981

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 pm

zeebo wrote:It still doesn't make any sense what took so long for Wiggins to sign. Maybe he delayed the signing and was trying to showcase his abilities for the Cavs in Vegas. I personally think the trade doesn't make sense for the Cavs long term and believe that Lebron is behind all of this. Lebron just needs to chill out and take a wait and see approach. What is the rush? Is he seriously going to leave Cleveland again? I doubt it and think the Cavs should call his bluff. A team with Wiggins, Kyre and Lebron can do more then with Love on it. Reasons are as follows:

2. His numbers will dip with Lebron and Kyrie. It was proven in Miami that with Lebron and Wade was enough! Bosh really wasn't even needed. Yes he is a good player but I found Haslem to be more effective in the early yrs. You just need a guy to grab some rbs and score 12 pts per game.
3. As Lebron ages, Wiggins and Kyrie can take over the team. Lebron can even take nights off and the team doesn't suffer in 2 - 3 yrs.
4. Can a team really be competitive with 3 players commanding 60 million in contract obligations. Isn't that the reason Miami broke up because they couldn't get enough of a supporting cast to support Lebron? Isn't that the reason Lebron left the Cavs 1st time.
5. Can stars really be commanding so much as far as trades, etc. Jordan has proved that he is one of the worst GM's and can't evaluate talent. Why doesn't the GM just do their job already and stop bowing down to stars demands.

In the end, Lebron is not leaving a second time in a year. That would be a dumb as$ move on his part!

Lebron signed a contract that gives the Cavaliers zero leverage. That team is now run hand over fist by Lebron James and if Lebron feels the need to tank the Cavs future with win now move, best believe it will happen.

The dumb ass move by the Cavs was walking back into bed with this guy and letting him no dictate what they do. If they don't keep Wiggins and this guy bolts after another NBA Finals loss when he realizes that both Irving and Love aren't championship caliber players... :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:36 pm

zeebo wrote:It still doesn't make any sense what took so long for Wiggins to sign. Maybe he delayed the signing and was trying to showcase his abilities for the Cavs in Vegas. I personally think the trade doesn't make sense for the Cavs long term and believe that Lebron is behind all of this. Lebron just needs to chill out and take a wait and see approach. What is the rush? Is he seriously going to leave Cleveland again? I doubt it and think the Cavs should call his bluff. A team with Wiggins, Kyre and Lebron can do more then with Love on it. Reasons are as follows:

A rebounding stretch four is EXACTLY what LeBron needs to play with. Bosh was a hell of a lot more important than Wade for Miami. LeBron is best when the floor is spread with fewer defending bigs in the middle to resist his drives. ISO players like Wade and Kyrie really are not great complementary players with LeBron as he takes the ball out of their hands and minimizes their impact. Kyrie is not a great spot up shooter either which is another reason a good outside shooter helps.

With Love they are the best team in the east other than maybe a healthy Chicago with Rose back to form. With Wiggins they are about 4th or 5th best.
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#18 » by Ring_Me » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:57 pm

I hope Golden State gets Love.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
Skoolboy
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#19 » by Skoolboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:15 pm

I say the Cavs should play the waiting game, the more time passes the more pressure Wolves have to get something of value.. I dont see Love resigning with anyone other than Cleveland and even in Cleveland he will need more garuntee that LeBron will be there long term.. which I doubt he will get.. Love is gonna test the waters next summer.. Wolves need to pull trigger now or end up either settling for scraps at the deadline or settling for nothing
Why do the Yankees win every year? 'Cause they can't keep their eyes off the pinstripes
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#20 » by Flight33 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Lebron signed a contract that gives the Cavaliers zero leverage. That team is now run hand over fist by Lebron James and if Lebron feels the need to tank the Cavs future with win now move, best believe it will happen.

The dumb ass move by the Cavs was walking back into bed with this guy and letting him no dictate what they do. If they don't keep Wiggins and this guy bolts after another NBA Finals loss when he realizes that both Irving and Love aren't championship caliber players... :lol:

Doesn't Cleveland sort of have leverage here too? I mean, no way Lebron leaves Cleveland again, right?

Return to Wiretap Discussion